Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

since it’s at 45RPM, did VMP get their own master?

Also, this came in a tear off baggie like Al Green, I’m thinking maybe the pressing location is a good one?
Yes apparently they got the sole indie exclusive pressing rights to it! You know VMP shits the bed on the regular when people opt for different pressings because it’s assumed VMP fucked up when they stated it’s 45RPM 😂. Shame on me but also, shame on them for making their copy and pressing details so unreliable.

Not sure if this is old but just had this through about my Chicano Batman, about 4hrs after receiving the shipping notification for it being sent on it's own (still waiting for ROTM and a number of others to be sent).

screenshot_20200522-0xzjmv.jpg

Not sure if this is old but just had this through about my Chicano Batman, about 4hrs after receiving the shipping notification for it being sent on it's own (still waiting for ROTM and a number of others to be sent).

screenshot_20200522-0xzjmv.jpg

That's great you've ordered that record, it seems to be amazing. Unfortunately I missed out on that one, but I hope it appears in swaps at some point.
That's weird your orders still haven't been send. Mine were shipped on May 7th already, but unfortunately they are stuck at Frankfurt customs right now. I wonder if I may need to pick them up at some customs office. Hope your orders arrive quickly. 🙂 Did you already receive some VMP orders?

That's great you've ordered that record, it seems to be amazing. Unfortunately I missed out on that one, but I hope it appears in swaps at some point.
That's weird your orders still haven't been send. Mine were shipped on May 7th already, but unfortunately they are stuck at Frankfurt customs right now. I wonder if I may need to pick them up at some customs office. Hope your orders arrive quickly. 🙂 Did you already receive some VMP orders?
Certainly thinking it will be from my initial listen the other day, thank you. Sorry to hear you missed out and 🤞 for it popping up in swaps. If I spot it I'll try to tag you!

I did but it's all a bit random. I got all 3 from my secondary account (Salt N' Pepa, Rick Ross, T.I.) but everything from my main one including ROTM's and store purchases, has either been stuck in the same spot on the other side of the Atlantic for the past week or still unfulfilled. There's about 16 in all but no consistency to it. Bella Donna and purchases like Townes and Loretta Lynn are out exploring America but ones like Mr. Hands, Shabaka, Purity Ring and Jim Sullivan are just sat with nothing. Then there's Phrenology which is what I signed up with two months ago, was missing and is still unfulfilled lol.

I just found it funny amidst this they managed to quickly send out Chicano Batman on its own before emailing me about an issue with it.

Would send a nudge but with swaps coming up I'm thinking it's a strong likelihood I'll need to contact them about some part of it that's gone awry anyway.

How many records had you ordered? What does it say on your tracking regarding customs? IPZ Frankfurt?

Certainly thinking it will be from my initial listen the other day, thank you. Sorry to hear you missed out and 🤞 for it popping up in swaps. If I spot it I'll try to tag you!

I did but it's all a bit random. I got all 3 from my secondary account (Salt N' Pepa, Rick Ross, T.I.) but everything from my main one including ROTM's and store purchases, has either been stuck in the same spot on the other side of the Atlantic for the past week or still unfulfilled. There's about 16 in all but no consistency to it. Bella Donna and purchases like Townes and Loretta Lynn are out exploring America but ones like Mr. Hands, Shabaka, Purity Ring and Jim Sullivan are just sat with nothing. Then there's Phrenology which is what I signed up with two months ago, was missing and is still unfulfilled lol.

I just found it funny amidst this they managed to quickly send out Chicano Batman on its own before emailing me about an issue with it.

Would send a nudge but with swaps coming up I'm thinking it's a strong likelihood I'll need to contact them about some part of it that's gone awry anyway.

Thanks for your good wishes regarding Chicano Batman and for wanting to tag me, if you see it. 🙂

That's really weird there's such a disorder with VMP these days. In the past they have used to send all records with your RotM, so there was just one box coming. Now it all seems to be very unorganized and chaotic. I assume a lot is due to Covid19 though. The advantage with them sending the orders in many boxes is that it may reduce the danger of paying customs for some international customers though. Good luck you get all orders soon. I really hope that swapping next Tuesday won't be such a desaster as last time and that swaps quickly can be logged in.

How many records had you ordered? What does it say on your tracking regarding customs? IPZ Frankfurt?

I had ordered 7 records, they've send them in two packages. Both of them seem to be at IPZ Frankfurt still. It says "customs cleared" so I would expect them to move on, but there was no new tracking since Sunday. I assume they either get through to my home address, or what is more likely to the customs office in Düsseldorf. I just wonder why they don't move on as the processes at Frankfurt customs seem to be finished.

Do you have any records from them coming?

I had ordered 7 records, they've send them in two packages. Both of them seem to be at IPZ Frankfurt still. It says "customs cleared" so I would expect them to move on, but there was no new tracking since Sunday. I assume they either get through to my home address, or what is more likely to the customs office in Düsseldorf. I just wonder why they don't move on as the processes at Frankfurt customs seem to be finished.

Do you have any records from them coming?

I have a package with my "free" album plus 3 from the sale. They sent another package with my rotm separately. My nightmare is obviously to deal with customs so hoping it just gets cleared through. From tracking it looks like it's still in the US.

I have a package with my "free" album plus 3 from the sale. They sent another package with my rotm separately. My nightmare is obviously to deal with customs so hoping it just gets cleared through. From tracking it looks like it's still in the US.

In case it gets to some custom office near you, you usually should receive a letter telling you where to pick it up. You need to present bills to them, then they calculate the taxes for you. It's pretty annoying though, driving there, waiting etc. The single album should get through, but you might have problems with the 3 sales titles. Good luck it gets though. :)

In case it gets to some custom office near you, you usually should receive a letter telling you where to pick it up. You need to present bills to them, then they calculate the taxes for you. It's pretty annoying though, driving there, waiting etc. The single album should get through, but you might have problems with the 3 sales titles. Good luck it gets though. :)

Any experience with presenting a bill for a free album or one from the album of the month which would have no invoice?

Any experience with presenting a bill for a free album or one from the album of the month which would have no invoice?

Just with the RoTM. I needed to contact CS back then, so they could send me an invoice for the RoTM. But that was at the time VMP even has givenyou back custom fees in form of store credits, which they don't do anymore. I've just checked my VMP account. When you go on "order details" for your RoTM it shows some kind of invoice. Mine says $24 (as I had the 3 for 2 months deal). That should be sufficient in case you need to go to custom office. You just can print out the "order details" for each record in the package. For the free one it should be $0, and then I guess you also don't have to pay any taxes for it. You can just tell them you got that record as a free bonus.

Back