Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yes apparently they got the sole indie exclusive pressing rights to it! You know VMP shits the bed on the regular when people opt for different pressings because it’s assumed VMP fucked up when they stated it’s 45RPM 😂. Shame on me but also, shame on them for making their copy and pressing details so unreliable.
Yea I don’t really trust 45 vs 33 or mono vs stereo when it comes to VMP’s details. There have been too many things that even Storf didn’t know was 45 when he was telling us details about it.

I am very interested to hear if it avoided the quality issues of the standard 33 release. Apparently lots of distortion and compression on that one...
I’ll let ya know when I spin it. I’ve heard about issues too and people said the mix was really hot. Hoping that’s not the case...

My buddy emailed VMP about not getting a shipping notice about David Gray (he’s no longer a member) and Dexter said the album isn’t in their warehouse and hasn’t shipped to anybody yet hah. I think he responded with:
giphy.gif

Not sure if this is old but just had this through about my Chicano Batman, about 4hrs after receiving the shipping notification for it being sent on it's own (still waiting for ROTM and a number of others to be sent).

screenshot_20200522-0xzjmv.jpg

Yeah, I got this about 2 hours after my record arrived at my door, huge seam split and all. Kind of annoying, even though the numbering isnt that big of a deal overall, it was the reason I chose the VMP version over the other options out there. Some day I'll learn my lesson here.

Yeah, I got this about 2 hours after my record arrived at my door, huge seam split and all. Kind of annoying, even though the numbering isnt that big of a deal overall, it was the reason I chose the VMP version over the other options out there. Some day I'll learn my lesson here.

You actually chose VMP for numbering? Or do you mean the limited number pressing? Because if you are choosing VMP for anything very specific, you may want to reconsider your options. They are bad at providing almost anything specific. Like, ostentatiously bad.

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. As you say, isn't like numbering has any material consequence but I found it funny that they send it after what looked like hurriedly sending it out lol. Album will still be great but that's a little cheeky, they would have known from the moment it arrived at their doors.

@Mather spinning my David Gray now...I gotta say....this sounds pretty great to my ears. I'm no expert or anything but haven't heard any distortion. Pressing is really quiet too. I thought there were some issues for a second but forgot the track White Ladder has the fake dirty vinyl sound underneath the whole track when I compared it to the digital.

@Mather spinning my David Gray now...I gotta say....this sounds pretty great to my ears. I'm no expert or anything but haven't heard any distortion. Pressing is really quiet too. I thought there were some issues for a second but forgot the track White Ladder has the fake dirty vinyl sound underneath the whole track when I compared it to the digital.
Nice! From my recollection there is a fair amount of fake record noise on that album. From what I recall...

You actually chose VMP for numbering? Or do you mean the limited number pressing? Because if you are choosing VMP for anything very specific, you may want to reconsider your options. They are bad at providing almost anything specific. Like, ostentatiously bad.

Trust me, I am all too aware. I finally canceled my membership after 4 years just a few months ago. But when I saw this record pop up I decided to go for their version over the many others out there because it was limited/numbered. On its own its not that big of a deal, but when added to all of the other already existing frustration with VMP, it sucks.

I did that for Queen Latifah. Happens to the best of us...
The thing is I almost always Spotify to make sure it's not on the original but for Bulletin it's like THE ONLY PLACE ON THE WHOLE ALBUM that has them, just those 3 songs. It seemed so out of place I just assumed..

However it was compounded by the fact that my first copy actually had a crackly pressing issue, so I assumed it was more of that... it was not.

Back