Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Trying to form an early plan of attack if I grab the Roots and Paul Cauthen from Amazon for about $30 total, I’ll have money for 3 vmps. I’m thinking Mariah, lil Kim and there’s a few I’m looking at for a 3rd. Of course like Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan til they get punched in the face.

There's a 'Cocaine white bandcamp exclusive version' of Paul Cauthen for 22 shipped im gonna get. Im thinkin Mariah

Pretty sure Questlove confirmed that a few of their records will never get a proper pressing now because the masters were destroyed in the Universal Fire

Yeah I think that was just over the bonus material though, or if they wanted to return to the analog masters to cut a new digital one. Certainly didn't stop UMG from releasing them for Respect the Classics after the fire. Honestly most of these 90s artists are lucky there were some decent CDs in this era that can be used as failsafe backups, but the loss of additional music never backed up digitally is crazy.

I love The Roots. I do. I’ve seen them, I think 4 times live in total. In no way is How I Got Over a “modern classic”, as big a deal as OutKast, or in need of a new pressing that is twice the price of the current one. It’s not even a Top 5 Roots album, IMO.

Maybe they’re gonna do something amazing with it. But I doubt it. I love not giving VMP money so I’m all good with the choice.

I love The Roots. I do. I’ve seen them, I think 4 times live in total. In no way is How I Got Over a “modern classic”, as big a deal as OutKast, or in need of a new pressing that is twice the price of the current one. It’s not even a Top 5 Roots album, IMO.

Maybe they’re gonna do something amazing with it. But I doubt it. I love not giving VMP money so I’m all good with the choice.
It definitely is not a big as a deal compared to OutKast’s debut, that’s for sure!!! I wouldn’t call it a modern classic either, but that’s subjective I guess. I think VMP will do something amazing with The Roots’ How I Got Over if it is the pick. They’d have to.....right?

It definitely is not a big as a deal compared to OutKast’s debut, that’s for sure!!! I wouldn’t call it a modern classic either, but that’s subjective I guess. I think VMP will do something amazing with The Roots’ How I Got Over if it is the pick. They’d have to.....right?
I mean, it’ll be a pretty color, I’m sure. But the idea of an all-analog remaster or including extra tracks/bonus 7” or half-speed mastering or something crazy is unlikely. And it would take something impressive to justify $29 vs $14 for a color variant, IMO.

I mean, it’ll be a pretty color, I’m sure. But the idea of an all-analog remaster or including extra tracks/bonus 7” or half-speed mastering or something crazy is unlikely. And it would take something impressive to justify $29 vs $14 for a color variant, IMO.
Exactly! The pressing sounds decent, so I’d be stoked if we were getting a remastered pressing of How I Got Over. If we get a really good sounding pressing + a really pretty colour variant, then I’ll be over the moon!

its very... backpackery... like it feels too elite and too snobby in a way

like i a hundred percent get why they are jimmy fallons band
Perfect for VMP by this description. I personally enjoyed Storfs presence for better or worse on the old forum but my god does that dude come across quite regularly as a pretentious class A snob & all round bit of an A Hole 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂

I have no interest in colour of records as long as they are pressed with a bit of care. I use them for playing and not looking at. We all know that records are the same wherever you go. There is good and bad in everyone. We learn to live when we learn to give each other what we need to survive, together alive.

Back