Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I skipped out on Knxledge but kept going back to it on Spotify. With it “sold out” on VMP, I saw it at Turntable Lab and nabbed a copy. Feels good buying from somewhere else given how much I’ve bought from VMP. Also I got the orange cover, which is better.

I skipped out on Knxledge but kept going back to it on Spotify. With it “sold out” on VMP, I saw it at Turntable Lab and nabbed a copy. Feels good buying from somewhere else given how much I’ve bought from VMP. Also I got the orange cover, which is better.
I did not think I would like it either, because most hip hop instrumental albums generally fell like a producer is trying to sell me a Beat and right before I get in to it, boom! the track is done. I picked it up regardless and initially I can't say I was wrong, but I definitely got the feel and direction before the album was done. I will revisit it soon.

I decided to finally pull the trigger on HIGO with all this talk of the possibility of it being the Rap/Hip-Hop ROTM. Under $13 from Amazon, but my SECOND copy showed up today looking like this...

HeVsZixvSkeRjqjrFcUP2Ju7Zt8sG0E-Oav363D-FuaQzd4Y_6yWLaZI5YEKbF4CMB5RsxTtvND4IhsM8HPYeX8MGkGAY9qVnzEryBPvBYSLRDYu2ujPXoRoisHkU3E0z5Atx1QpwoTwx2UxukuGGVN3HY5XdYyb1MEw0j22YYdCxlGgrMxWiyixifI7NVJG3xGGbtHsWlXkDC9jdbYSNTU8XWEfHpYZrBomaAiEOuhjaBjWQZvQRTvMOT1oJQtbIOyqzoE9p2U4SXOW8F4gXcooiFfnQ7tlL1RiaNKkmwDErYhsPD4pkitHBsUe0t1m26x-HEa81qC1xFS04Edj3yFJYRU6viJ8j7k_tdsYLgvTwQppLDUrhj2aEi-L9McIESJMo5xvC72M7hs31E0SYya78uC-ckdvoVLCUuhD3jCIcObf0253kcewlvuXDaLUsaRqfU_65PY-m-B2lhnhiMthv5GRxSKVw8IA-mMdCS872tnXOihKsGpakOUctVndwcBRgRaXGuX-15PLFB5nmXd3YzLJ_Vb9Sn76OUvKty_z5uCMAAsU3k2RqA7Jc2-AREItKJU25fSKwoAUKaRzGsKJrP_sUCwG4wGw2bECC7d7O5Ze8pKk0qAHXhxnDv1zhXuz58k50DvD2yORXGyN47LUk22ZBeSD=w1764-h1322-no

Think I may grab the VMP version after all. 😂😂😂

I decided to finally pull the trigger on HIGO with all this talk of the possibility of it being the Rap/Hip-Hop ROTM. Under $13 from Amazon, but my SECOND copy showed up today looking like this...

HeVsZixvSkeRjqjrFcUP2Ju7Zt8sG0E-Oav363D-FuaQzd4Y_6yWLaZI5YEKbF4CMB5RsxTtvND4IhsM8HPYeX8MGkGAY9qVnzEryBPvBYSLRDYu2ujPXoRoisHkU3E0z5Atx1QpwoTwx2UxukuGGVN3HY5XdYyb1MEw0j22YYdCxlGgrMxWiyixifI7NVJG3xGGbtHsWlXkDC9jdbYSNTU8XWEfHpYZrBomaAiEOuhjaBjWQZvQRTvMOT1oJQtbIOyqzoE9p2U4SXOW8F4gXcooiFfnQ7tlL1RiaNKkmwDErYhsPD4pkitHBsUe0t1m26x-HEa81qC1xFS04Edj3yFJYRU6viJ8j7k_tdsYLgvTwQppLDUrhj2aEi-L9McIESJMo5xvC72M7hs31E0SYya78uC-ckdvoVLCUuhD3jCIcObf0253kcewlvuXDaLUsaRqfU_65PY-m-B2lhnhiMthv5GRxSKVw8IA-mMdCS872tnXOihKsGpakOUctVndwcBRgRaXGuX-15PLFB5nmXd3YzLJ_Vb9Sn76OUvKty_z5uCMAAsU3k2RqA7Jc2-AREItKJU25fSKwoAUKaRzGsKJrP_sUCwG4wGw2bECC7d7O5Ze8pKk0qAHXhxnDv1zhXuz58k50DvD2yORXGyN47LUk22ZBeSD=w1764-h1322-no

Think I may grab the VMP version after all. 😂😂😂

Oof. I was going to do the same thing. I hadn’t paid much attention to it previously and I actually like it enough to grab it for Amazon price. $27 is a different story

Oof. I was going to do the same thing. I hadn’t paid much attention to it previously and I actually like it enough to grab it for Amazon price. $27 is a different story
True. True. This one is def going back... The first copy wasn't as banged up as this one so I'm still considering whether to just keep that one. This box was 100% not big enough for a record to fit in.

True. True. This one is def going back... The first copy wasn't as banged up as this one so I'm still considering whether to just keep that one. This box was 100% not big enough for a record to fit in.

I’ve definitely had to mix and match sleeves and vinyl from replacement copies to create one nice copy and garbage ones to send back . Amazon is hitnor miss with vinyl

Has anyone else had any trouble with the OutKast pick? I'm on my third copy, two with gouges on disc 2, and this new one is filled with horrible non-fill all over that same disc...

I emailed CS and hope they will give me one more shot, as I really do like this pressing and mastering, but damn, this is the worst run I've had with a VMP pick in ~2 years.

If Hud Dreems somehow pops back up in the store or SWAPs, I gotta give it the full recommendation for those on the fence. The package is very, very good.
Curious, what makes it so good, I’m on the fence . I would have grabbed it if they didn’t change the color .i dug the orange and kind of hate the hot pink . I was going to grab a regular one on eBay for a few bucks cheaper Is it worth getting the VMP copy over a regular copy if it does show up in swaps?

Curious, what makes it so good, I’m on the fence . I would have grabbed it if they didn’t change the color .i dug the orange and kind of hate the hot pink . I was going to grab a regular one on eBay for a few bucks cheaper Is it worth getting the VMP copy over a regular copy if it does show up in swaps?
If you dislike the pink, this probably isn’t for you. It’s potent. That said, the jacket itself feels fantastic (not sure of the OGs) and the stencil is a really cool one. Discs look great to me, too. And they come in poly inners so even if you swap em out, at least they’re not being shipped in papers.

If you dislike the pink, this probably isn’t for you. It’s potent. That said, the jacket itself feels fantastic (not sure of the OGs) and the stencil is a really cool one. Discs look great to me, too. And they come in poly inners so even if you swap em out, at least they’re not being shipped in papers.
I guess because I'm a ginger I feel that orange doesn't get the love it deserves lol. Thanks though. I agree the disks look great, if It does open up in swaps I'll probably swap for it. I would actually prefer to support VMP when possible.

I was impressed with the color reproduction. I kind of expected such a vibrant jacket to look uneven or washed out but it was actually perfect.

Back