Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Still waiting on that and PE to arrive. Sounds like from feedback wu tang has quality issues like atliens and many other GZ pressed vinyl recently? Did you?
Yup sadly got static on both ATLiens and 36 Chambers. I wasn’t able to sub for PE. At this point I am just gonna have to live with it. It’s low enough beneath the mix that as long as I am not listening with headphones it’s tough to pick up on thankfully. The rest of the mastering on both sounds quite good though.

Yup sadly got static on both ATLiens and 36 Chambers. I wasn’t able to sub for PE. At this point I am just gonna have to live with it. It’s low enough beneath the mix that as long as I am not listening with headphones it’s tough to pick up on thankfully. The rest of the mastering on both sounds quite good though.
I shall expect more of the same so. I'm sure I'll be ok with it too, I never listen with headphones but someday I'll start and then I'll be pissed 😂

No mention of QA/QC of said rap reissue labels...

“The audience for hip-hop vinyl feels like it’s always growing in a way that the audience for classic rock vinyl isn’t keeping the same pace,” says Andrew Winistorfer,
That's because the nostalgia is big for it now because 2000s revival (profiting off the fact that people were born and listening to music around this time.. even if the albums had #TheProblem)
major labels monopolizing production capacity; navigating a shipping landscape marked by the COVID-19 pandemic, heat waves, and geopolitical issues like Brexit; and reckoning with the effects of structural racism on marketing campaigns and label ownership.
Late stage capitalism ruins everything
VMP’s Winistorfer admits the company has had a similar issue “once or twice,” declining to get into specifics. “We learned in our earlier days when the label wasn’t as communicative with the artist as we assumed they would be that [it needs to be] something that we really push for on our side,”
What label did this, I'm guessing de la soul could have been, maybe TI because we never got those bonus exclusives of trap muzik

It’s not uncommon for one buyer to rave that their copy sounds fantastic and another to complain that the same release is “noisy” vinyl stricken with minor scuffs and flaws.
Gz overworking both customers and the stampers

Also do many articles that are saying "is vinyl dying" or that is having a disaster, maybe this pandemic finally brought the fact that neoliberalism is meant to accept that everything is the same and can not handle any major change

It arrived today won't be able to spin till tmrw probably. Heavy sibilance is it? Throughout or certain sides?
Not really sibilance. Side A kicks off with some right channel static/crackle to varying length and severity. Mine is present and runs through all of “Bring Da Ruckus” but thankfully mine isn’t super noticeable unless I am listening for it; the actual music tends to drowned it out. Some vinyl videos I have seen have been way worse. @Selaws posted a clip of his and it was really bad.

It arrived today won't be able to spin till tmrw probably. Heavy sibilance is it? Throughout or certain sides?
Side A on Wu had heavy distortion on the low end. It just got worse as it played until it just starting skipping. Second disc sounded good. It sucks cause there was only a little bit of the GfizzZ at the beginning of Side A. PE seemed good but that was just me skipping thru checking for noise. Going listen fully this weekend so hopefully no more issues.

Why is clipse green?

Doesn't fit the album

Like.. red vinyl would have worked
Assuming it's pressed at GZ like most of their RHH records of their are, they probably are just trying to save money by reusing the color that they used for ATLiens and will be using for Rza. I think even the RZA color option is lazy. There's so many colors on the Rza cover that could have led to something really cool, alas.

They may also be facing supply constraints or production issues like the whole industry is and chose to take the easy route since they had supply of that color already.

Last edited:
RHH track is opened up again.

I added it and immediately swapped for credit, just to avoid any potential hassle signing up for Clipse next month.
It appears you can add RHH but you can't change your primary track to RHH yet. I emailed CS to see what they could do for me.

Back