Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

@Mather people on discogs are complaining about it being censored but they don't clarify if they're talking about Fight The Power track or all of the tracks being censored?
I think it's just Fight The Power because that was censored originally on the album. I don't think there are any copies that are uncensored aside from the single and Do The Right Thing...

But gimme a song that you know has swearing and I'll check.

I think it's just Fight The Power because that was censored originally on the album. I don't think there are any copies that are uncensored aside from the single and Do The Right Thing...

But gimme a song that you know has swearing and I'll check.

I can confirm, the album is uncensored except for "Fight The Power."

If you want the uncensored version of that song, it's on expanded reissues of the album, or the "Do The Right Thing" soundtrack.

Bleh, the surface noise is pretty bad starting off on Side A. A shame, the packaging is gorgeous and the low volume isn't an issue for me. Hoping they're still doing replacements as they sent my box out so late this month.

Edit: Side C also starts off with noticeable surface noise but the opening song quickly drowns it out.

Last edited:
Bleh, the surface noise is pretty bad starting off on Side A. A shame, the packaging is gorgeous and the low volume isn't an issue for me. Hoping they're still doing replacements as they sent my box out so late this month.

Edit: Side C also starts off with noticeable surface noise but the opening song quickly drowns it out.
I’m floored at how this keeps happening. Even for a company with a shitty rep.. what the hell is going on here?

I’m floored at how this keeps happening. Even for a company with a shitty rep.. what the hell is going on here?
Definitely the pressing plant (Gz) being overwhelmed in trying to keep up with demand while letting its QC slide. New records all over are having issues, but I think it happening with an exclusive club where you pay a premium just makes it all the more noticeable.

VMP just handing out replacements and hoping for the best might help a bit short-term, but it's definitely no long-term solution. Unfortunately I don't think there's another pressing plant as big as Gz that can consistently handle VMP's orders (especially for Essentials) so I have no idea what VMP can do. This could be what the start of a bubble bursting actually looks like.

First PE had a small scratch over first track. 2nd copy had the right channel crackles at start. Requested a 3rd copy, got this amazing oxymoronic response….

Thanks for reaching out! I am so sorry that you are still experiencing issues with this title. While this does not seem to be a pressing wide issue, we cannot guarantee another replacement would resolve the issue you are experiencing. Would you be willing to accept full store credit for this issue?

Haha!

Clipse vinyl colour was a major let down for me but anything better than the cocaine white vinyl I currently own that sounds like dog shit
Mmmm I totally understand why the colour would be a letdown for you!

I know, the white cocaine pressing does sound like shit! I am thrilled at how great this VMP Hell Hath No Fury pressing will sound in comparison! It’s going to get heaps of spins over Summer once I receive the record! 😎

Clipse vinyl colour was a major let down for me but anything better than the cociane white vinyl I currently own that sounds like dog shit
I wonder if GOD repressed it and it turned out better the 2nd time because I just relistened to my copy early this week and I think it sounds great. I know I purchased my copy after a repress but the way both you and Nathan talk about sounding like dog shit makes me wonder if their first batch was just bunk or something.

I wonder if GOD repressed it and it turned out better the 2nd time because I just relistened to my copy early this week and I think it sounds great. I know my copy a purchased after a repress but the way both you and Nathan talk about sounding like dog shit makes me wonder if their first batch was just bunk or something.
Possibly. I definitely got the first run. My favourite hiphop album of the 00s

Back