Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I actually just remembered I never grabbed Stankonia so thinking that I may do a 3 month sub and start with Stankonia and the get ATLiens and 36 chambers the following months via swapping or switching tracks.

Though today is becoming expensive with the other drops here soon and also apparently needed a dishwasher last minute 😬 😬 😬

I actually just remembered I never grabbed Stankonia so thinking that I may do a 3 month sub and start with Stankonia and the get ATLiens and 36 chambers the following months via swapping or switching tracks.

Though today is becoming expensive with the other drops here soon and also apparently needed a dishwasher last minute 😬 😬 😬
We all need to keep in mind that the next quarter...some of these ROTM's are going to sell out.

We all need to keep in mind that the next quarter...some of these ROTM's are going to sell out.
That's why I was thinking of actually changing my tracks after the current month stuff ships so as to hopefully have a place in line for the next month as opposed to fighting through swaps? (Also not currently a member so think that the mechanism allowed you changing the tracks)

Soooooooooooo........... will we get an uncensored "Fight The Power" or will they stick with the edited version?
knowing how VMP works it'll probably still be censored and not the uncensored version from the Do the Right Thing soundtrack.VMP for the Hip Hop track usually just uses the pressing plates from a already available pressing.

knowing how VMP works it'll probably still be censored and not the uncensored version from the Do the Right Thing soundtrack.VMP for the Hip Hop track usually just uses the pressing plates from a already available pressing.
I would normally agree with this but isn't this the first 2 LP pressing of Fear of a Black Planet, or was that just Enter the 36 Chambers?

Soooooooooooo........... will we get an uncensored "Fight The Power" or will they stick with the edited version?
I'm not super-acquainted with the variations of this track, but I have heard both the "Do The Right Thing" soundtrack version, and the version on Fear of a Black Planet. The wikipedia page refers to neither as "censored," but does refer to the soundtrack version as "extended."

Which version are you saying is "uncensored" versus "edited"?

I assume they would stick with the "Fear of a Black Planet" version, whatever it is. Though it would be nice if they'd included the extended soundtrack version as a bonus track, since they're stretching it across 2 LPs. Or as a bonus 7".

The version I am referring to doesn't sensor or bleep out any of the curse words. The Do The Right Thing version is uncensored, but historically the album was not which drives me nuts.

I'm not super-acquainted with the variations of this track, but I have heard both the "Do The Right Thing" soundtrack version, and the version on Fear of a Black Planet. The wikipedia page refers to neither as "censored," but does refer to the soundtrack version as "extended."

Which version are you saying is "uncensored" versus "edited"?

I assume they would stick with the "Fear of a Black Planet" version, whatever it is. Though it would be nice if they'd included the extended soundtrack version as a bonus track, since they're stretching it across 2 LPs. Or as a bonus 7".
the Fear of a Black Planet album version is censored like mentioned above and also doesn't contain the awesome saxophone solo played by Branford Marsalis.

Will Fear get a larger release on 2lp besides through VMP? There doesn’t seem to be anything special about it besides the color and it being 2lps.

I will be signing back up solely for these 3 albums. Trying to figure out how/when I should do this. I really only want Outkast, Public Enemy, and Wu Tang. I figure I’ll wait until next month? But don’t want to miss out on ATLiens. When’s the best time to rejoin, I’m kind of rusty.

I will be signing back up solely for these 3 albums. Trying to figure out how/when I should do this. I really only want Outkast, Public Enemy, and Wu Tang. I figure I’ll wait until next month? But don’t want to miss out on ATLiens. When’s the best time to rejoin, I’m kind of rusty.
Day it goes live unfortunately, unless you’re willing the stomach an album from this month

I am in the same boat as you. I am thinking about signing up for this month for a 3 month Rap/Hip-hop membership now and then reaching out immediately to convert this months ROTM to store credit. Then when in Sept when I would want two both the R&HH and Essentials track reaching out to CS again to see if I can have some of the store credit to cover the cost of the Essentials track to cover the cost of that.

Back