Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Even People Under The Stairs as well will enter the convo! 😍

The second half of the year for the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s was extremely good! Like those six ROTM picks were so freaking good! I’m in love with the Lord Finesse too! 👌

Hopefully VMP continue killing it in the R&HH ROTM track! The first half of the year was quite disappointing with their picks, but they really smashed out the second half! 🔥💪

Ive got a good feeling for 2021 for the R&HH track! 👍😇
I don’t think I’d personally put PUTS above Ghostface, Redman, Blackalicios, El P Prince Paul or Big Boi But it’s a solid six maybe 7 only because I liked that Rick Ross a lot more then most did .

I don’t think I’d personally put PUTS above Ghostface, Redman, Blackalicios, El P Prince Paul or Big Boi But it’s a solid six maybe 7 only because I liked that Rick Ross a lot more then most did .
I think the Lord Finesse release is also really good! I can definitely understand why some people think People Under The Stairs is an average ROTM pick, but I think it’s a brilliant pick! I think it’s a really good album and it’s an underground hip hop classic in my opinion! It’s gonna be a joy to spin on the turntable too!

I also really enjoyed the Salt-N-Pepa ROTM too, but most people think that was a trash pick/mediocre album. The Rick Ross ROTM was a pretty good pick! A little underwhelming for me personally, but it’s easily my favourite Rick Ross album!

The N*E*R*D and Future picks were both really disappointing for me. Especially as N*E*R*D’s Fly or Die wasn’t hip-hop on top! It’s a good album but so underwhelming as a ROTM. The Future ROTM pick is my least favourite pick so far in the track, and is the only R&HH ROTM I ever skipped!

The Living Legends ROTM is not one I care for much and I think I might sell it actually...

Even though I was disappointed by the N*E*R*D pick, it’s an album I like and will definitely keep! She Wants to Move is a classic and the pressing sounds excellent!

So yeah, apart from Living Legends and Future, I genuinely enjoy the albums enough to keep them in the whole R&HH ROTM track discography!

@Jmcg85 - Do you like the Living Legends ROTM? Do you really ever spin that one?

The second half of the year for the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s was extremely good! Like those six ROTM picks were so freaking good! I’m in love with the Lord Finesse too! 👌

Hopefully VMP continue killing it in the R&HH ROTM track! The first half of the year was quite disappointing with their picks, but they really smashed out the second half! 🔥💪

I think the Lord Finesse release is also really good! I can definitely understand why some people think People Under The Stairs is an average ROTM pick, but I think it’s a brilliant pick! I think it’s a really good album and it’s an underground hip hop classic in my opinion! It’s gonna be a joy to spin on the turntable too!

I also really enjoyed the Salt-N-Pepa ROTM too, but most people think that was a trash pick/mediocre album. The Rick Ross ROTM was a pretty good pick! A little underwhelming for me personally, but it’s easily my favourite Rick Ross album!

The N*E*R*D and Future picks were both really disappointing for me. Especially as N*E*R*D’s Fly or Die wasn’t hip-hop on top! It’s a good album but so underwhelming as a ROTM. The Future ROTM pick is my least favourite pick so far in the track, and is the only R&HH ROTM I ever skipped!

The Living Legends ROTM is not one I care for much and I think I might sell it actually...

Even though I was disappointed by the N*E*R*D pick, it’s an album I like and will definitely keep! She Wants to Move is a classic and the pressing sounds excellent!

So yeah, apart from Living Legends and Future, I genuinely enjoy the albums enough to keep them in the whole R&HH ROTM track discography!

@Jmcg85 - Do you like the Living Legends ROTM? Do you really ever spin that one?
I really like that Living Legends album I wouldn’t sell that one I actually played it a couple weeks ago for someone that never heard it and they loved it too

I really like that Living Legends album I wouldn’t sell that one I actually played it a couple weeks ago for someone that never heard it and they loved it too
I need to play it again and see if I like it! I’ve only played it once actually, and that was a few years ago, so I definitely need to revisit it! Maybe I will actually really admire the album!

Living Legends captures that early aughts era of hip hop that I love featuring some solid rhyme flows over dope Madlib-inspired beats (and with LL they actually have a Madlib produced track on their album). Even if it isn’t top tier compared to some other Rhh releases, it’s solid from start to finish that you can put on and have it play in the background while you go about your day, and you’ll occasionally find your head bobbing to the beats.

Living Legends captures that early aughts era of hip hop that I love featuring some solid rhyme flows over dope Madlib-inspired beats (and with LL they actually have a Madlib produced track on their album). Even if it isn’t top tier compared to some other Rhh releases, it’s solid from start to finish that you can put on and have it play in the background while you go about your day, and you’ll occasionally find your head bobbing to the beats.
Yeah, I think even though it isn’t top tier in comparison, it’s great album to have in the background! I think I’m going to definitely keep the Living Legends then! The colour variant looks really nice too and I remember the pressing sounding great too!

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised with that Living Legends pick I think its pretty underrated musically and as an overall package its beautiful. I admittedly haven't spun it that much but I wouldn't part with it no way 🔥

Even People Under The Stairs as well will enter the convo! 😍

For me the PUTS is a lackluster pick since it's getting a corresponding wide release for a significantly lower price.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but the pricing structure just kills all of this from VMP for me. At the $30ish price range, I probably would have been a month-to-month subscriber for nearly all these picks (Fishscale, Redman (and probably add on for Stankonia), PUTS, Big Boi, and maybe beyond?). But at the $40 range, that's where I get way more critical of the albums I buy and pretty much only go there for stuff that is already sitting out there on my wishlist. 🤷‍♂️

OMG YAAAAAAAAS! I’m so freaking happy! And someone on Reddit said the pressing sounds really good too! I’m so excited to get my copy and spin it (after my amp gets repaired)! 😎📺🚬🤟

Redman’s Muddy Waters is probably my favourite R&HH ROTM pick of 2020 and I’m so glad VMP did it! I love VMP! ❤️💪
This reaction is very surprising

Anyone here want my OG Big Boi? I am going to grab the VMP - I love the original CD cover more than the vinyl version. LMK
how much?

this is not a certain idea because i was going to do it as my swap for billie holiday BUT i could do it for swap credit if there is a cheaper option

Back