Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

yeah. worse releases have sold out , it doesnt mean shit.
Yeah, like Salt-N-Pepa has already sold out, and I wouldn’t have expected it to! El-P and Blackalicious both sold out in its first month so I think this one will too, but who knows what the result will actually be with the price hike! Fishscale was released in 2006, and it’s one of the best hip-hop albums of the 2000’s by someone very well known and respected from Wu-Tang! Like, I expect this to sell out within its first month but you never know! Maybe VMP pressed like an extra 3,000-5,000 copies of this album! I doubt it though as they raised the prices!

Blackalicious and Saba. I swear I look back and say why did I skip certain records and stick with others. I have a few on my shelf I scratch my head about.
Mmmmmm I know that feeling too! I’m so happy I have the Saba and Blackalicious ROTM’s, but would’ve been gutted if I missed out on them! I have a feeling VMP will repress both albums in the future though! Fingers crossed they do! 🤞

With the discount for re-upping, I think it comes out to 29.75 for me. Which I am ok with.
That is an option, but I kind of don’t want to stay around for any longer than this month. Just gonna get Spiritualized for $33 as an add-on and then swap the $43 for the main to store credit. Probably will get Jaunt or Laura Marling or something... cancelling after

You know, I loved this album back in college, but its not doing much for me now. There are still standout songs, but also some I am lukewarm on at best. The skits are also awful, which is a real bummer on vinyl.

I think I'll swap or drop the RHH track depending on whats available. This was close to being one of those mythical 3/3 months for me, and I'm glad so many are happy with this pick. It's a good album, just not one I think I will spin enough to justify $33.

You know, I loved this album back in college, but its not doing much for me now. There are still standout songs, but also some I am lukewarm on at best. The skits are also awful, which is a real bummer on vinyl.

I think I'll swap or drop the RHH track depending on whats available. This was close to being one of those mythical 3/3 months for me, and I'm glad so many are happy with this pick. It's a good album, just not one I think I will spin enough to justify $33.
Yeah, I usually think complaining about skits is silly, but I know my wife would be like "what the hell is this?" to like half of the skits on here if I put this on and that is a major factor for why I'm probably gonna sit this one out. Super cringey to me too.

Yeah, I usually think complaining about skits is silly, but I know my wife would be like "what the hell is this?" to like half of the skits on here if I put this on and that is a major factor for why I'm probably gonna sit this one out. Super cringey to me too.

Make sure you skip ‘Heart Street Directions’ when she’s around. I love that skit but I know my girl would look at me sideways if she heard that skit blasting through the house lol.

According to the VMP article this will also feature an alternate version of Be Easy as a bonus track that’s never been on vinyl. Too bad it’s not Charlie Brown, probably my favorite track from the Fishscale/More Fish days that was almost immediately pulled due to sample clearance issues.

According to the VMP article this will also feature an alternate version of Be Easy as a bonus track that’s never been on vinyl. Too bad it’s not Charlie Brown, probably my favorite track from the Fishscale/More Fish days that was almost immediately pulled due to sample clearance issues.
@Jmcg85 - This VMP pressing of Fishscale has that pointless Remix on there 😂🙄🤦‍♂️🤣

It literally does sound like one of those unprofessional DJ YouTube mixes LMAOOO! It sounds so crap when his vocals are layered too, like it sounds so cheap! 🤣🤣🤣
It's horrific its so cheap and unprofessional sounding i hate it and I Love GFK Cube & Be Easy is my favourite track on the album. The remix no! 😂😂😂

i think storf explained why i like ghostface more than other wu tang members.. his beats were much weirder and less traditionally wu tang... liquid swords sounded very RZA, ghostface albums like apollo kids and supreme clientele sound like ghostface..

i think storf explained why i like ghostface more than other wu tang members.. his beats were much weirder and less traditionally wu tang... liquid swords sounded very RZA, ghostface albums like apollo kids and supreme clientele sound like ghostface..
Supreme Clientele is very much RZA for me. What about Iron-man?

Back