Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

So this appears to be a straight repress of the OG except with the added track. Mastering engineer and location are both identical to the OG. No mention of remaster.
Tony Dawsey doesn't work for Masterdisk anymore, so I'd say if it's correct, it is a digital master he made when he worked there that is GZ is doing DMM. Discogs doesn't seem to have the deadwax info to see who cut the original.

I would say it is impossible that it is a repress with an added song, but yeah if it is a digital master from Dawsey, not a remaster, but hopefully it is one that was mastered for vinyl.

Maybe @scotthilk can help out with deadwax info on the original?

Tony Dawsey doesn't work for Masterdisk anymore, so I'd say if it's correct, it is a digital master he made when he worked there that is GZ is doing DMM. Discogs doesn't seem to have the deadwax info to see who cut the original.

I would say it is impossible that it is a repress with an added song, but yeah if it is a digital master from Dawsey, hopefully it is one that was mastered for vinyl.

Yeah true, it could still be the usual DMM routine from GZ. Generally speaking that has worked pretty well with the bulk of the RHH albums.

I would say it is impossible that it is a repress with an added song, but yeah if it is a digital master from Dawsey, not a remaster, but hopefully it is one that was mastered for vinyl.

Let me know whatcha need!

Let me know whatcha need!
I was just curious if there's anything in the deadwax of the original that points to the original cutting engineer. That is missing on Discogs. I just noticed the clean version doesn't have valuable deadwax markings, so it might be the same.

If looking at the deadwax on your copy sounds like fun, go for it. Otherwise, no need to bother!

I was just curious if there's anything in the deadwax of the original that points to the original cutting engineer. That is missing on Discogs. I just noticed the clean version doesn't have valuable deadwax markings, so it might be the same.

If looking at the deadwax on your copy sounds like fun, go for it. Otherwise, no need to bother!
Remind me Tuesday if you still care, as I am not home!

my final flip flop..

RSD didn't have 2 of the albums i wanted so that freed me up about 30 bucks so i guess i'll go with the ghostface
I have a feeling you will honestly really like this release! I think you will really enjoy the production and just how well crafted and beautifully produced a lot of the songs are! And I think you will love Ghostface Killah's energy in general! Great thing that you've only listened to half the album! Because the second half of the album starts with its two biggest singles on the album - the catchy, melodramatic, sentimental, seasonal, pop R&B 'Back Like That' and the hard-hitting, bragaddicio, crew, party banger 'Be Easy'! 🔥🔥🔥

I have a feeling Fishscale will be an album you actually cherish! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you give the full record a spin! ♥

i feel like there is something dangerously FOMO coming in october through december

eternal atake?
die lit?
midnight marauders?
section.80?
graduation?

god knows

i feel like there is something dangerously FOMO coming in october through december

eternal atake?
die lit?
midnight marauders?
section.80?
graduation?

god knows
Let’s hope we get something amazing like those! Any of A Tribe Called Quest’s first three albums would be amazing and of course, I’m still really hoping we get Playboi Carti’s Die Lit!

I can’t imagine VMP doing any albums under TDE label though! I doubt they’ll ever do Kendrick Lamar!

Based on the "everything you need to know" article, it sounds like the underappreciated thing with respect to GFK was said because storf's friends didn't like GFK as much as him. So of course he takes his limited personal experience and applies it as a weird absolute:

"And then when the Rap Internet came around, you could acknowledge that Ghostface was this incredible rapper. It was this weird era where he finally puts this Fishscale record out in 2006, and it was this huge moment: Finally, Ghostface fans were OK to say “Ghostface is the best” in public."

Based on the "everything you need to know" article, it sounds like the underappreciated thing with respect to GFK was said because storf's friends didn't like GFK as much as him. So of course he takes his limited personal experience and applies it as a weird absolute:

"And then when the Rap Internet came around, you could acknowledge that Ghostface was this incredible rapper. It was this weird era where he finally puts this Fishscale record out in 2006, and it was this huge moment: Finally, Ghostface fans were OK to say “Ghostface is the best” in public."
I remember that day. It was a revelation....nay, a revolution. FINALLY, I could proclaim my love for GFK in public without being pilloried. No longer did I need to softly whisper it at night as a well-kept secret between me and my pillow. Thank you, GFK! Thank you, "Rap Internet"(?)! Thank you, Storf, for giving a voice to us!

Seriously, WTF is the rap internet?

i think storf explained why i like ghostface more than other wu tang members.. his beats were much weirder and less traditionally wu tang... liquid swords sounded very RZA, ghostface albums like apollo kids and supreme clientele sound like ghostface..
Liquid Swords is a Ghostface record?

@duke86fan knows that's a GZA album. I believe they were continuing their analysis of why they weren't as into Liquid Swords
Ah, I see.

Liquid Swords is the 2nd best Wu Tang universe album (some would say 1st, but they'd be wrong). It was released in 95 and sounded very much like a mid 90's Wu Tang record. Ironman in 96 sounded like a Wu Tang album. Supreme Clientele was 5 years later and had several producers working on it, and Apollo Kids 10 years after that wasn't a RZA produced record... It's an odd argument.

Ah, I see.

Liquid Swords is the 2nd best Wu Tang universe album (some would say 1st, but they'd be wrong). It was released in 95 and sounded very much like a mid 90's Wu Tang record. Ironman in 96 sounded like a Wu Tang album. Supreme Clientele was 5 years later and had several producers working on it, and Apollo Kids 10 years after that wasn't a RZA produced record... It's an odd argument.
I mean they were pretty much directly saying they don't like RZA/Wu sounding records and that they don't think that Apollo Kids or Supreme Clientele sound like Wu production and thus why they like it. Seems like a pretty sound argument to me since they specified two records that you seem to agree don't sound very Wu like.

Back