Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

now when the hell are VMP going to give us some actually good albums.. if it was onyx i would be SO onboard because onyx are the most hardcore of hardcore hip hop

and how many times have we asked for meghan thee stallion, playboi carti, and in my case, polo g and young thug

NOOOOOOOOOO! Skee-Lo doesn't pass the R&HH ROTM test for you too though Mather! It's a double NO 😭❌😭❌😭

OMG, I WILL ACTUALLY BE SO VOCAL ABOUT HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM, IF WE ACTUALLY GET SKEE-LO! ♨📣👊🤨

Can't believe the Skee-Lo hate. There have been far worse picks in R&HH than Skee-Lo.

Admittedly it should be a 12" single, but classic early nighties sampled, vibes. Fun hip-hop that you can dance too.

(I wish it was ODB though)

Can't believe the Skee-Lo hate. There have been far worse picks in R&HH than Skee-Lo.

Admittedly it should be a 12" single, but classic early nighties sampled, vibes. Fun hip-hop that you can dance too.

I think VMP should stop doing hip hop as a monthly track as it is clear they don't understand the genre. Do Top 40 or country instead, VMP.

No ODB is definitely a downer. Now back into the dice roll of whether it'll be cracking or not 🙈 when you're coming down from that Skee-Lo doesn't quite cut it lmao.

I think VMP should stop doing hip hop as a monthly track. Do country instead, VMP.
Imagine how ugly this will make VMP look though! It would be like.....the reverse of Good Girl Gone Bad, you know what I mean?!? Country is too PG rated. It also isn't raunchy and badass enough, and doesn't much sex appeal in comparison too! Also, look at the country albums that have been Essential ROTM's so far...Loretta Lynn & Townes Van Zandt! Nowhere near as popular as the Hip-Hop Essentials ROTM's in their years (Clipse and De La Soul)!

I don't want VMP to change their 3 main tracks! They're all great! If they were to add another track, I'd like them to add another track that's similar to the Classics track, or that focuses on putting out high-quality sounding pressings!

No ODB is definitely a downer. Now back into the dice roll of whether it'll be cracking or not 🙈 when you're coming down from that Skee-Lo doesn't quite cut it lmao.
I know! I was pretty devastated as well to find out that the R&HH ROTM won't be Ol' Dirty Bastard! 😭

My instinct tells me we won't get Skee-Lo. If we do, then.....it will be a humungous disappointment! 🤐👀

there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo there is no god there is only skee lo

Even though Skee-Lo sampled a lot of amazing groovy tracks, it didn’t do any of them justice (apart from Bernard Wright’s Spinnin’). Every other track made me want to listen to the original track Skee-Lo sampled instead! It’s a bit like Will Smith. I don’t want to hear Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It. Whenever I hear that song, it makes me wish Sister Sledge’s “He’s The Greatest Dancer” was playing instead. Same case for his other single “Miami”. Makes me wish “And The Beat Goes On” was playing instead. Same case goes for his other few singles and nearly every other track on Big Willie Style. That’s how I feel with Skee-Lo’s album unfortunately...

I would have to rate Skee-Lo’s “I Wish” around a 4/10 unfortunately. It’s not the worst hip-hop album, buts its definitely mediocre for me.

at first, I wanted it cancelled because I got the pearl from Amoeba. However, i slowly realized i no longer wanted it at all, because I feel it would get very few listens
Country is too PG rated. It also isn't raunchy and badass enough, and doesn't much sex appeal in comparison too
You're listening to the wrong country music

You're listening to the wrong country music
I think Country music just isn't for me, although I do have a tiny bit of country music in my collection that I love! I've got the Essentials ROTM of Loretta Lynn's Coal Miner's Daughter and the VMP exclusive of Dolly Parton's Jolene, which I enjoy. I tried to get into Willie Nelson but couldn't and haven't enjoyed any of the new release country drops VMP have done. I think 'PG rated' isn't the right term, but I genuinely feel that all the country music I've listened to has little to no sex appeal. I think the 'home sweet home' and simple music, accompanied by twangy vocals, for me, is just not appealing to the ear for me in most cases unfortunately...🤷‍♂️

But now that you've bought it up, what do you recommend that's sexy country music, apart from Johnny Cash's At Folsom Prison, for example! I'm keen to see what you recommend! 👀

Overall though, it's the vocals that just put me off completely. Not so much the instrumentals. When I hear those twangy kinda vocals, I'm like 'cya' 🙋‍♂️

I think VMP should stop doing hip hop as a monthly track as it is clear they don't understand the genre. Do Top 40 or country instead, VMP.
I hate to agree with this but RHH hasn’t been great in awhile before Prince Paul. Not sure if it’s the curation team or the licensing team who can’t get anything worthwhile. It started off so strongly too!

I hate to agree with this but RHH hasn’t been great in awhile before Prince Paul. Not sure if it’s the curation team or the licensing team who can’t get anything worthwhile. It started off so strongly too!
Yeah it's starting to feel like they don't have the resources to require more sought after/desirable releases. You get a gem every now and again but there are so many duds it doesn't warrant staying subbed to the track.

I think Country music just isn't for me, although I do have a tiny bit of country music in my collection that I love! I've got the Essentials ROTM of Loretta Lynn's Coal Miner's Daughter and the VMP exclusive of Dolly Parton's Jolene, which I enjoy. I tried to get into Willie Nelson but couldn't and haven't enjoyed any of the new release country drops VMP have done. I think 'PG rated' isn't the right term, but I genuinely feel that all the country music I've listened to has little to no sex appeal. I think the 'home sweet home' and simple music, accompanied by twangy vocals, for me, is just not appealing to the ear for me in most cases unfortunately...🤷‍♂️

But now that you've bought it up, what do you recommend that's sexy country music, apart from Johnny Cash's At Folsom Prison, for example! I'm keen to see what you recommend! 👀

Overall though, it's the vocals that just put me off completely. Not so much the instrumentals. When I hear those twangy kinda vocals, I'm like 'cya' 🙋‍♂️
Country music is a pretty big “genre.” You can’t tell me Shania Twain isn’t sexy (this is the RHH thread so I won’t spam a bunch of her music videos).

if you mean you like a bit of funk in your music, try Paul Cauthen’s Room 41. Sturgill Simpson is doing interesting things. Kacey Musgraves makes pretty music too. Dan and Shay have a pop/blue eye soul thing going. Heck, super young T Swift got her start in country.
It’s cool if country isn’t your thing, but just using three or four examples from the 60s and 70s is like saying you don’t like rock music because you can’t get into the Stones.

Back