Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Have you given Orville Peck a go? It isn’t what you would call traditional but seems like it would be up your alley.
No, I haven’t! I find him intriguing though because I see the album cover of “Pony” everywhere and he has an interesting style! I never checked him out because he came under the “country” category! I’m going to check him out very soon though! Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll let you know what I think! ☺️

No, I haven’t! I find him intriguing though because I see the album cover of “Pony” everywhere and he has an interesting style! I never checked him out because he came under the “country” category! I’m going to check him out very soon though! Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll let you know what I think! ☺
He's.... VERY sexy. Or so I'm told. I anticipate an explosion of emojis the likes of which the world has never seen.

I’m listening to the Patrice album now. I can’t NOT hear Men in Black when Forget Me Nots is playing. It’s like how Gangstas Paradise messed up how I heard the Stevie Wonder song
I always think of the movie BIG, with Tom Hanks, when they jump on that cool trampoline inside his new apt. loft.

I think Country music just isn't for me, although I do have a tiny bit of country music in my collection that I love! I've got the Essentials ROTM of Loretta Lynn's Coal Miner's Daughter and the VMP exclusive of Dolly Parton's Jolene, which I enjoy. I tried to get into Willie Nelson but couldn't and haven't enjoyed any of the new release country drops VMP have done. I think 'PG rated' isn't the right term, but I genuinely feel that all the country music I've listened to has little to no sex appeal. I think the 'home sweet home' and simple music, accompanied by twangy vocals, for me, is just not appealing to the ear for me in most cases unfortunately...🤷‍♂️i

But now that you've bought it up, what do you recommend that's sexy country music, apart from Johnny Cash's At Folsom Prison, for example! I'm keen to see what you recommend! 👀

Overall though, it's the vocals that just put me off completely. Not so much the instrumentals. When I hear those twangy kinda vocals, I'm like 'cya' 🙋‍♂️

I would at least try to give some of tge outlaw country greats a try, not necessary sexy but badass : Merle Haggard, waylon Jennings, Guy Clarke, Steve Earle.

From the newer ones ( where i am never sure where the border between country and americaa and folk is) i recommend shovels and rope, especially swim and their busted jukebox cover albums, steve earles son justin townes earle might suit you, because he straddles a line somewhere between soul, blues and country and has more of a soul singesrs Voice.

If you have not checked out Swamp Doggs - Sorry you couldn't make it from this year you should. Its a 77 year old soul singer who grabbed his last chance at recording a Country album and is more in the vein of tge ray charles country albums, which you liked if i remember correctly

No, I haven’t! I find him intriguing though because I see the album cover of “Pony” everywhere and he has an interesting style! I never checked him out because he came under the “country” category! I’m going to check him out very soon though! Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll let you know what I think! ☺
Definitely worth checking out! And his favorite singer is Whitney Houston. He has more of that country crooner vibe as opposed to twangy.

Grr... I have been going insane trying every single album from 1995 on Wikipedia using the link trick... no dice. Might have to try again tomorrow

I wonder if all the money they poured into getting BVSC and Spiritualized are gonna severely affect the quality of RHH for the next few months. If it’s skee-lo I feel like that might be the case.

I wonder if all the money they poured into getting BVSC and Spiritualized are gonna severely affect the quality of RHH for the next few months. If it’s skee-lo I feel like that might be the case.
It's already been this case though. Otis for Classics probably killed their licensing budget for classics.

It's already been this case though. Otis for Classics probably killed their licensing budget for classics.
i am almost certain that they are doing a super basic and cheap ROTM just because they spent so much getting these "ok we got some essential must owns that we KNOW will sell out so we just need something simple that will break even"

Back