Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Man with all the whacky stuff going on with ODB what if they lose their shirts in it. Like everyone gets $85 credits, a @Hemotep Elton John sized quantity of the record, and a cash refund.
Oh well. The fact that they seemingly haven't learned their lessons concerning QC after the string of issues that happened with GZ presses of 36 Chambers, ATLiens and to a lesser extent The Low End Theory they deserve whatever comes their way. It's just sloppy at this point for a company as mature as VMP is.

No chance Doris sells out right? Im trying to limit VMP pickups to 1 a month so I can get other wantlist stuff, and I got ATCQ in swaps so kinda don't feel the NEED to grab Doris but I definitely want it

Storf thinks Doris will sell out, but remember his job as a VMP hype man is to stoke the FOMO flames.

Edit: maybe add Doris now and see how things are looking by the end of the month before deciding whether or not to drop it.

Storf thinks Doris will sell out, but remember his job as a VMP hype man is to stoke the FOMO flames.

Edit: maybe add Doris now and see how things are looking by the end of the month before deciding whether or not to drop it.
Yeah I went ahead and did that, we'll see. I'd be shocked if it does, but I also know this is a certified classic for a certain demographic.

Sounds like the mastering on The W is REALLY bad and muddy based on a few discog reviews of it from a reddit post on it. Hope that's not the case for those of you that are getting it but be on the lookout for that possibility.
Wu-Tang Forever also sounded like shit. Here's a few copium comments on that release.

1713468193412.png

Sounds like the mastering on The W is REALLY bad and muddy based on a few discog reviews of it from a reddit post on it. Hope that's not the case for those of you that are getting it but be on the lookout for that possibility.
I saw that. For a while I was regretting skipping it, but it turns out I may have dodged a bullet. I can't recall getting a ROTM that sounded downright BAD, so this is surprising to me. Cicely has usually done really good work.

I saw that. For a while I was regretting skipping it, but it turns out I may have dodged a bullet. I can't recall getting a ROTM that sounded downright BAD, so this is surprising to me. Cicely has usually done really good work.

Fear of a Black Planet sounds like utter shit :(

I got The W but haven’t listened to it yet. There’s often a level of muddiness when it comes to Wu-Tang stuff so I don’t really expect the sound quality to blow my socks off but there ain’t no way Rza intended to deliberately go heavy on fucking sibilance.

Fear of a Black Planet sounds like utter shit :(

I got The W but haven’t listened to it yet. There’s often a level of muddiness when it comes to Wu-Tang stuff so I don’t really expect the sound quality to blow my socks off but there ain’t no way Rza intended to deliberately go heavy on fucking sibilance.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I traded that in to my local a while back.

Wait, did they ever acknowledge the ODB issue with their membership or was it just to people that emailed them about it?

I read about it in here and emailed them, otherwise I would have never known. I actually had some noise at the end of the track before Snakes on side C and I was on the fence about emailing them to ask for a replacement. This worked out for me, unless of course they blow it with the replacement disc.

Halfway towards Wu and I can say easily that yeah it's not amazing but it's not nearly as bad as people say

The issues i hear is bass punch feels a bit blunted, like the bass could be more impactful and detailed, but the vocals are pretty fine, though I can hear their voices clipping a bit, like they sound like they've been mastered a bit too much

But this isn't a 4 men with beards pressing or anything, it feels like it's a bit low quality but not too bad that I would return it

Just listening to a few tracks now. Something is fucked up for sure. It’s really weird - I’ve never heard mastering like this. It’s hard to describe, like the soundstage is a narrow vertical column between the speakers.

Back