Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Damn how did I forget Geto Boys! We Can't Be Stopped obviously, and I preferred Grip It On Another Level over "Self Titled" release but take either. I own Resurection and it sounds really good actually.

Black Superman alone would be an auto buy for me too on the Above the Law. I actually almost put that one probably should have. 90s had a shit load of really good Soundtracks too.

I wouldn't be picky about a Geto Boys selection but wouldn't mind a few exclusives to go with it...or just go ahead and do a Rap-a-Lot anthology...

Above The Law would be cool as I don't think they get enough shine... The 90's picks always get me hyped it's just a shame they usually let me down or at least feel like, yeah that's cool and all but think what it could have been!!

I wouldn't be picky about a Geto Boys selection but wouldn't mind a few exclusives to go with it...or just go ahead and do a Rap-a-Lot anthology...

Above The Law would be cool as I don't think they get enough shine... The 90's picks always get me hyped it's just a shame they usually let me down or at least feel like, yeah that's cool and all but think what it could have been!!
Rap A Lot Anthology would be insane. Now I want Gangsta Nip.LOL

What are some of the 90s hip hop albums people would be interested in? Here is a list of odd ones I think should be more available

1) Jay Z Resonable Doubt and Scarface Diary (it is absolutely criminal these can't be bought just about anywhere).
2) The Click - Game Related
3) MC Eiht - We Come Strapped
4) 8ball & MJG - Coming Out Hard (this must be some weird contract dispute because nothing on greatest hits either)
5) Noreaga - Melvin Flint Da Hustler
6) Hi C - Skanless

I'm sure I'm leaving out some but those are ones I always got my eyes out for I haven't found reasonably priced.

Honorable mention AZ Doe or Die but that was repressed about 2 years ago on silver vinyl and I missed it, but still would be cheaper with VMP at this point.
Ugh, so many:
Ice Cube - The Predator
Chino XL - Here to save you all
EPMD - Business Never Personal
Kris Kross - totally krossed out
Yo Yo - You better ask somebody
Del La Soul - Stakes Is High
Digital Underground - sons of the p
O.C. - Word... Life
The Roots - Come Alive
MC Ren - Kizz my black azz

... tip of the iceberg

My list that I'd like to see in no particular order of course and abbreviated since there's so many from that decade.

Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
ATCQ - Midnight Marauders
Jeru the Damaja - Sun Rises in the East
De La - Stakes is High
Jay - Z - Reasonable Doubt
Outkast - Aquemini (Just to complete the VMP discography)
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers
Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
I'm shocked to learn this is hard to find now. It popped up everywhere for a time, and the pressing was pretty good.

Man, I don't understand how rock classics can remain in print for so long, but hip hop is always done dirty. Like why you going to make me pay insane flipper prices for Liquid Swords?

I'm shocked to learn this is hard to find now. It popped up everywhere for a time, and the pressing was pretty good.

Man, I don't understand how rock classics can remain in print for so long, but hip hop is always done dirty. Like why you going to make me pay insane flipper prices for Liquid Swords?
It's so weird how that happens to some titles. And it's not it's special limited edition versions that disappear either. It's the plain black widely pressed versions that just go poof all of a sudden. But yeah, it seems like it's mainly a hip-hop phenomenon. I'd also like a proper new Blackstar pressing and not the star covered pic disk that's out there.

It's so weird how that happens to some titles. And it's not it's special limited edition versions that disappear either. It's the plain black widely pressed versions that just go poof all of a sudden. But yeah, it seems like it's mainly a hip-hop phenomenon. I'd also like a proper new Blackstar pressing and not the star covered pic disk that's out there.
It's super weird.
I can go into any record store, on most days and find Led Zeppelin I-IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti. Why aren't hip hop classics treated with the same reverence? Outside of maybe the Chronic I don't know what album of the genre is constantly in stock. Even lately stores seemed to have dried up on copies of "All Eyez on Me". Goddamn disrespectful to the genre, that's what it is.

Last edited:
Jesus now I can't even find the Chronic except at Urban Outfitters...

Jump on any hip hop vinyl you want while you can.
I just snagged The D.O.C. surprisingly today. Don't think I've seen that in stores since I started collecting.

Were lots of people having issues with their copies of ATLiens, or was it just a few here and there? Or am I misremembering people being unhappy with it? I’m thinking of grabbing it before cancelling again, but not if it’s gonna be a hassle.

Were lots of people having issues with their copies of ATLiens, or was it just a few here and there? Or am I misremembering people being unhappy with it? I’m thinking of grabbing it before cancelling again, but not if it’s gonna be a hassle.
There was an issue on the second LP, they replaced them all and repressed with the fix. I think you should be good.

I went through like 8 copies and had noise at the top of every side. The repress kinda fixed two sides, but not the other two. YMMV, if you don't have a Shibata you'll be in better shape than I but definitely still a bit of a gamble.

I went through like 8 copies and had noise at the top of every side. The repress kinda fixed two sides, but not the other two. YMMV, if you don't have a Shibata you'll be in better shape than I but definitely still a bit of a gamble.

Perhaps it would be wise for me to look for a non VMP edition first and just cancel my subscription. My copies of Stankonia and Aquemini are standard versions and sound pretty good. I guess I could also just grab one to see, and if it indeed is noisy just get a refund. Or have them keep sending me bad replacements until they give up and refund me. 🤔

Back