Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Hey, so I actually purchased a copy off someone with a VMP membership (I didn’t want to sign up) but as such I am not gonna get a replacement. If anyone wants to send me their extra clean disc. I would be appreciative. I would cover shipping costs.
i already promised my extra replacement disc to a friend other wise i would've gladly helped you out.

Hey, so I actually purchased a copy off someone with a VMP membership (I didn’t want to sign up) but as such I am not gonna get a replacement. If anyone wants to send me their extra clean disc. I would be appreciative. I would cover shipping costs.
I got you.

It must just be easier for them to blanket send them to everyone. It shows I'm getting 2 replacements. I got one with noise, got a replacement (also with noise), and gave up and got credit. If that's easier than sorting through who had noise and who didn't and who got credit, etc. - I guess?!?!?!

VMP is going to get on the El-P releases aren't they?

I just pre-ordered Fantastic Damage off Fat Possum and I feel like I'm going to regret it when it'll cost less for the VMP.

VMP is going to get on the El-P releases aren't they?

I just pre-ordered Fantastic Damage off Fat Possum and I feel like I'm going to regret it when it'll cost less for the VMP.
Isn't it usually the other way around and VMP will be more expensive?

But yeah I saw the announcement this morning and was like "VMP variant let's gooooo"

Isn't it usually the other way around and VMP will be more expensive?

But yeah I saw the announcement this morning and was like "VMP variant let's gooooo"
With shipping to Canada it costed me $50USD. I'd be shocked if VMP got it in store and it costed more than that, and shipping is baked in.

With shipping to Canada it costed me $50USD. I'd be shocked if VMP got it in store and it costed more than that, and shipping is baked in.
Ah, makes sense. Still, no El-P in the store for now, although they do have a $200 Tool album. So I think you're in good shape.

Ah, makes sense. Still, no El-P in the store for now, although they do have a $200 Tool album. So I think you're in good shape.
Yikes.

I feel like if they are going to do it, they'll repress ISWYD and do a special drop. IF they are to do it, and now that I pre-ordered FD I honestly don't care. Missing Cancer 4 Cure from my collection but that's always been sitting in Fat Possum's store and it's my least favourite El-P album.

Well no EL-P BUT looks like Tool kicked open the VMP forbidden door so can we finally getting a Nasty Nas record of the month?

jon-moxley-forbidden-door.gif

F5icZVzyd0sMbEsrKq6vbqVCJYoLW-dbPCYi7s0X5uL-OjIH1UcGs73iIAaKjN473Ohgz3NFW6PjZXS8kzMbt0-zZMfkNSsykW6rdOvgkmJbVqhOCGwJvupN6PL_8pJQtXpK8XXPN66f1ZRA_Xpd6KIp20ruSGpi=s0-d-e1-ft

Solo artist, duo, and 4 members

Though the wording also could meet that its a group (multiple producers one rapper)

Wow, great clues!!! Really narrows it down!

Solo - Volume 10 "Hip-hopera" (this is probably only for me!) OR (again, just for me) Saafir "Boxcar Sessions" - look, there are so many solo rappers out there it could be anyone!!!

Duo - Organized Konfusion "Stress" with their S/T album as an exclusive!!! Again, this clue has so many possibilities!

4 person crew - Gravediggaz "6 Feet Deep" but if Freestyle Fellowship "Inner City Griots" wasn't just reissued that would be my first choice....

I can't wait to be underwhelmed!!

What I'd like is
1- Nujabes-Modal Soul
2- Cannibal Ox-The Cold Vein
3(essentials) - Company Flow-Funcrusher Plus
4- ....not sure yet
FYI, I highly highly doubt VMP would do Nujabes but you can get a copy for an OK price from amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B083ZMHFLT
Some likes here but not sure if the link shared correctly as I can't see it haha. Here it is again.
Hmm, that didn't seem to work either, well just search for it on amazon. Available right now for $67 with free shipping. Also the other two records are available as well for a similar price.

Last edited:
Thinking of 4 person crew:

Souls of Mischief "No Man's Land"
Onyx "Bacdafucup"
Ultramagnetic MC's "Funk Your Head Up" or "The Four Horsemen"
Above the Law "Uncle Sam's Curse

Wild cards (because they made PE a 4-5 man crew or whatever that was)
BDP
Digital Underground
PE again!!
Brand Nubian (I think they had recent reissues)
De La Soul, why not!!!
Outkast!?! Gotta get Idlewild somehow!
Beastie Boys?!?
The Beatles?

Alright I'm done building up to be let down!!

I think now more than ever Company Flow may be in play. Release all of El-P solo stuff through Fat Possum, hold back Company Flow for a timed exclusive on VMP.

EDIT: And yes, I know Company Flow and Cannibal Ox has been mentioned pretty much every quarter, but maybe El-P has one last birthday surprise for us.

Last edited:
Back