Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Saw this on Reddit from a CS reply

Apologies for the confusion as the wording of our update was a bit misleading. We are currently awaiting the arrival of our replacement sleeves that the replacement disc for this title will be shipping out in. Regrettably, this has caused the delay we are referencing and those will be heading out in March 2022. Keep an eye out next month for an email from us confirming the shipment, along with tracking as well.

Such a joke, I finally gave up after my 6th wu tang copy. Such a bummer as other than the surface noise the press is far superior to the other one out there.
Yep, me too man. That right channel distortion on the bass throughout 2 of the 4 sides. PE is totally unlistenable, but somehow that one was deemed okay... I don't get it.

Yep, me too man. That right channel distortion on the bass throughout 2 of the 4 sides. PE is totally unlistenable, but somehow that one was deemed okay... I don't get it.
Yeah I really don't get it either. It's not like VMP would foot the bill. I guess they just don't want to deal with the hassle. I think if those had all dropped the same month we wouldn't have seen an Outkast replacement either.
What a shit streak that was, also never got a good sounding deloused, didn't even ask for a replacement on the equally fucked "repress"

Yeah I really don't get it either. It's not like VMP would foot the bill. I guess they just don't want to deal with the hassle. I think if those had all dropped the same month we wouldn't have seen an Outkast replacement either.
What a shit streak that was, also never got a good sounding deloused, didn't even ask for a replacement on the equally fucked "repress"
I did actually get a good repress of DeLoused, so there definitely are good ones of that one out there. FWIW But Wu really hurts because that's one of my favorite albums all time and it's such a good master and GZ just fucked it up, I'm hoping it gets a repress down the line and maybe they do it right.

I did actually get a good repress of DeLoused, so there definitely are good ones of that one out there. FWIW But Wu really hurts because that's one of my favorite albums all time and it's such a good master and GZ just fucked it up, I'm hoping it gets a repress down the line and maybe they do it right.
Yep agree, I guess I shouldn't have given up on DeLoused but I was just beaten down and over cleaning records just to be disappointed once I spun it.

Yep agree, I guess I shouldn't have given up on DeLoused but I was just beaten down and over cleaning records just to be disappointed once I spun it.
Oh trust me. I get it. There is a literal pile of Wu/Volta/PE/ATliens albums under the bed in my guest bedroom. I'd get the next replacement in, dejectedly spin it, hear the noise immediately and then toss it under the bed. There's probably like $1000 worth of records under there...

Oh trust me. I get it. There is a literal pile of Wu/Volta/PE/ATliens albums under the bed in my guest bedroom. I'd get the next replacement in, dejectedly spin it, hear the noise immediately and then toss it under the bed. There's probably like $1000 worth of records under there...
Got any of them tossed PE?!

Dude yes. You can have one. They all have terrible right channel noise but who knows, maybe you won't hear it.
Dude I'd buy a WU and a PE off of you, too, if there are extras remaining and you're willing to part with them. I'm not much of a hip hop guy personally but those are certified classics and don't mind a bit of noise.

While I'm here, if anyone is disinterested in Young MC this month I'd buy that one as well. "Bust a Move" played an outsized role in my college years...

Dude I'd buy a WU and a PE off of you, too, if there are extras remaining and you're willing to part with them. I'm not much of a hip hop guy personally but those are certified classics and don't mind a bit of noise.

While I'm here, if anyone is disinterested in Young MC this month I'd buy that one as well. "Bust a Move" played an outsized role in my college years...
You can have them, I feel skeezy selling free replacement records. I'm not sure how many I have but I'll check when I'm back from work later tomorrow...

Last edited:
You can have them, I feel skeezy selling free replacement records. I'm not sure how many I have but I'll check when I'm back from work later tomorrow...
I'd certainly be down for a copy of PE if there ends up not being a claimed copy. I can justify taking a chance on right groove noise for the cost of shipping.

Back