Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Not digging it. I see the talent there and it certainly fits a niche, but not really my thing. To each their own. Still miles better than Chief Keef.
guess you just aren't into a more aggressive sound... that fine.. hopefully everyone gets stuff they like in the coming months

WE R GETTING FINALLY RICH!?!?!?! Ima have to sign up or something for that one right there!

BANG BANG

LUHHH SOSAAAAA!

How's Rico Nasty sound? Broke down and ordered it after giving the whole album a play in the car (shit goes hard). Kind of surprised it was still in the store, but considering the stories about how she was received opening for Travis Scott I'm guessing it's a little more overlooked than it should be.

How's Rico Nasty sound? Broke down and ordered it after giving the whole album a play in the car (shit goes hard). Kind of surprised it was still in the store, but considering the stories about how she was received opening for Travis Scott I'm guessing it's a little more overlooked than it should be.
I have zero complaints about my copy. Loud where it needs to be loud, quiet when it comes to things like surface noise.

The caveat is this is for my OG pressing from 2018, so who knows what creative way Gz might screw up the repress.

I have zero complaints about my copy. Loud where it needs to be loud, quiet when it comes to things like surface noise.

The caveat is this is for my OG pressing from 2018, so who knows what creative way Gz might screw up the repress.
Considering I just hit a hat trick of noisy GZ records (all purchased outside of VMP) it'd be nice if this could break the streak.

Saw this for sale on FaceBook, I’ve seen a lot of unofficial pressings of hip hop records with that silver sticker on them recently, but never a full on bootleg VMP hype sticker before. Too bad they don’t just do another official run, this kind of stuff is scummy.

View attachment 126775
What is scummy about this if the artist refuses to press more copies and there is a demand? There were a bunch of WestSide Gunn bootlegs that I am glad exist. I was able to get some of his releases on vinyl that I would NEVER pay the secondary price for. I am sure people would gladly buy a non-bootleg version but for one reason or another a re-press will never exist.

What is scummy about this if the artist refuses to press more copies and there is a demand? There were a bunch of WestSide Gunn bootlegs that I am glad exist. I was able to get some of his releases on vinyl that I would NEVER pay the secondary price for. I am sure people would gladly buy a non-bootleg version but for one reason or another a re-press will never exist.

Trust me, I get it, I’ve violated the DMCA so many times when you just can’t hear / watch something. Lots of contemporary hip-hop (and especially Westside Gunn as you say) has fallen into the game of ultra-limited releases for stupid prices and this is the inevitable response. I don’t judge people who buy these things, or even the stores that stock them. It’s a little different with the people who make them. It’s not like there’s any honest intention here, it’s misrepresenting itself as the legit release with the hype sticker to make money for a sketchy group of European pirates. IMO the ethics of piracy get dicey when outside of the realm of free file sharing.

Trust me, I get it, I’ve violated the DMCA so many times when you just can’t hear / watch something. Lots of contemporary hip-hop (and especially Westside Gunn as you say) has fallen into the game of ultra-limited releases for stupid prices and this is the inevitable response. I don’t judge people who buy these things, or even the stores that stock them. It’s a little different with the people who make them. It’s not like there’s any honest intention here, it’s misrepresenting itself as the legit release with the hype sticker to make money for a sketchy group of European pirates. IMO the ethics of piracy get dicey when outside of the realm of free file sharing.
I mean as long as they are not trying to pass it off as the real deal, and let it be known it's a boot, I personally see no issue. Again this is only for situations where the artist refuses/cannot repress the album. In the WSG example, they discs were completely different colors than what the real presses were. Also, the hype sticker isn't a direct copy as it mentions "colored vinyl" which the OG VMP edition is black, right? Things like grey market jazz are whack as all hell though.

I mean as long as they are not trying to pass it off as the real deal, and let it be known it's a boot, I personally see no issue. Again this is only for situations where the artist refuses/cannot repress the album. In the WSG example, they discs were completely different colors than what the real presses were. Also, the hype sticker isn't a direct copy as it mentions "colored vinyl" which the OG VMP edition is black, right? Things like grey market jazz are whack as all hell though.
The issue is that it is stealing for the people making the boot - they are making money off of the work of others without their authorization. Generally the music is available either digitally or on CD, so there is some theft going on even if it isn't available on vinyl. And yes, I do think artists who do the ultra-limited/ultra-expensive vinyl are asking for trouble with boots.

Stupid question:
I sadly did not put in for a replacement for ATLiens, but still got the email about the status of my replacement. Are they just sending it out to anyone who received it?

Back