Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I'm confused on the hate for the 40 album. That's been a grail since I started collecting, a shame it was never on vinyl until now. Please don't fuck this up VMP.
That being said, it's looking like that's literally the only record I want out of the next three months :(. I think this will be the first time I skip 3 classics in a row if the suspected Feb/March albums come true.
It's mostly because of the issue of most rap albums when vinyl was "dead".. 70 minutes, around 14-20 tracks, you are almost expected to skip some parts you don't like but you can't do listening in one sitting is tiring.. it's an issue I have had with a lot of LPs in this track.. though maybe I just need something to fidget to

I'm confused on the hate for the 40 album. That's been a grail since I started collecting, a shame it was never on vinyl until now. Please don't fuck this up VMP.
That being said, it's looking like that's literally the only record I want out of the next three months :(. I think this will be the first time I skip 3 classics in a row if the suspected Feb/March albums come true.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people aren’t familiar with E-40 or just aren’t into it. In A Major Way is my favorite, but that had a reissue a few years ago, so I’m glad they’re doing Hall Of Game.

I can understand people not being into these regional rap scenes. I’m into most styles of rap, but I can see how it’s not for everyone, especially the more unconventional scenes, and also for people just kinda dipping into the RHH track. Like I know most people feel a way about the Keef pick, but that’s another one of the regional scenes I’m glad they’re getting into.

I’m gonna pass on the Young MC though.

2 for 12 for me this quarter, gonna have to find a good swap for Feb.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people aren’t familiar with E-40 or just aren’t into it. In A Major Way is my favorite, but that had a reissue a few years ago, so I’m glad they’re doing Hall Of Game.

I can understand people not being into these regional rap scenes. I’m into most styles of rap, but I can see how it’s not for everyone, especially the more unconventional scenes, and also for people just kinda dipping into the RHH track. Like I know most people feel a way about the Keef pick, but that’s another one of the regional scenes I’m glad they’re getting into.

I’m gonna pass on the Young MC though.

2 for 12 for me this quarter, gonna have to find a good swap for Feb.
Yeah Feb is looking like a swap for credit/hopefully something new to swaps.

Appreciate the discussion on 40, like I said being from Northern CA it's a must have but now I do understand how people can not "get" him.

part of my issue is i probably have some kind of ADHD or something and keep thinking "i should watch this youtube" video instead of any album over an hour

for a new guy... they seem to have very similar taste to the old guy
I suspect these have been baked-in for a while. I don't know what their lead time is but I suspect it's more than a few months. That's why I wasn't expecting a fix to the noise issues for a few cycles as I suspected by the time they realized there was a problem there were multiple months of ROM already in containers floating there way over here. I just don't understand why they didn't hold one of the classics (PE, ATLiens) to prop up an otherwise weak cycle. I'd give the new guy a few months to deliver the fire.

for a new guy... they seem to have very similar taste to the old guy
All of the "why we picked it" blurbs for these three months come from Storf which makes me think they were in the works before the new guy was brought in (also apologies to the new guy I keep forgetting your name, it just isn't as memorable as "Storf").

These albums are probably selected at least six months in advance and if VMP is smart (????) they're planning ROTMs closer to 9 months out or longer because of Covid/supply chain issues. So I probably wouldn't expect to see any curation input from the new guy until the following three months at the earliest.

Back