Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Haven't kept up - is there any update wrt ATLiens? VMP never got back to me after telling me they were investigating it.

Got this this morning after writing back on Thursday:

Hey Shayne,

Thank you for reaching back out! We are still finalizing the details of a repress and you will be contacted once the logistics between us and the pressing plant have been finished. Please let me know if you have any further questions in the meantime and thank you for your patience!
Brenden
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

Got this this morning after writing back on Thursday:
I'm really curious about this. Curious whether this will be a full repress for everyone who got a copy or only for those that have complained of issues. I suspect there are plenty of people who have issues but don't say anything or didn't find the issues worth reporting it. But clearly they have admitted that it is an issue with the pressing, so if they get a full run of fixed copies, I'd certainly want one.

I'm really curious about this. Curious whether this will be a full repress for everyone who got a copy or only for those that have complained of issues. I suspect there are plenty of people who have issues but don't say anything or didn't find the issues worth reporting it. But clearly they have admitted that it is an issue with the pressing, so if they get a full run of fixed copies, I'd certainly want one.

I've seen people saying they may just be repressing the one disc. Haven't gotten around to even checking my other one yet, so hopefully it's fine if that's the case - particularly given they never sent me a single replacement! But who's to say... it's mostly just been wait wait wait wait wait more than any truly substantial answers.

I've seen people saying they may just be repressing the one disc. Haven't gotten around to even checking my other one yet, so hopefully it's fine if that's the case - particularly given they never sent me a single replacement! But who's to say... it's mostly just been wait wait wait wait wait more than any truly substantial answers.
I'm also awaiting 2nd replacement copies of Wu & PE, but they would not send a 2nd replacement for Outkast, giving me a similar version to what they told you, however both times I've asked for Atliens replacements (& they did send the 1st one after me pushing), CS has mentioned a repress of "sides C/D" or "that side," which I keep pointing out won't help me b/c all 4 sides of *both* copies that I rec'd of Atliens have been jacked w/ that right-channel noise. So I'm also sitting & waiting for "the news," but will eventually ask for a refund if I can't get a playable copy of it...

I gave up trying to get them to tell me what they were doing with Outkast, a record from 2 months ago. I got a replacement Wu and it wasn't quite as noisey but just said f-it. I'm not screwing with these people anymore. I asked for a refund. They gave me credit. I fought for the refund. They screwed up the refund and only sent me half. I had to wait another week and 2 more request for them to refund the second record.

It's a shitty company.

Edit: and I feel dumb for giving them yet another chance.

Currently have an email in for Wu Tang (1st replacement), Atliens (1st), Public Enemy (1st), and Mars (2nd)

Sent the email Friday still no response... I am guessing they are inundated with emails right now due to this?

Currently have an email in for Wu Tang (1st replacement), Atliens (1st), Public Enemy (1st), and Mars (2nd)

Sent the email Friday still no response... I am guessing they are inundated with emails right now due to this?

They're probably behind on responses due to all of the international subbers getting hit with unexpected VAT charges on the first of the month. They replied this morning to an email I sent out last Thursday.

So they followed up and apparently they are at least repressing the second disc of Atliens. Odd that they offered a try at replacement then full refund/another record plus the repress with mars volta but with Atliens we just have to sit on a faulty product with no compensation for an unknown period.
Yep, that was the impression I also got after bugging them 2x re: ATLiens replacements. Were all 4 sides of it screwed up on yours too?

No one has gotten shipping on their Three 6 yet, have they? The original delay email said they'd start to go out this week, although I recognize that could easily mean "We start shipping on Friday afternoon."

I haven’t gotten a shipping notification for Three 6 yet. Hopefully they start shipping by next week.

Saw this post and thought it was quite interesting. One comment points out that there is some discrepancy in what the original post details, but if what the OP says is even mostly true, VMP is getting sneaky.

Saw this post and thought it was quite interesting. One comment points out that there is some discrepancy in what the original post details, but if what the OP says is even mostly true, VMP is getting sneaky.

Wellllll, I don't know about this take exactly... Precision Record Pressing are owned by GZ but it's a plant in Ontario Canada. It's not pressed at GZ in the Czech Republic so it's correct to say it's pressed at PRP. Same goes for MRP, it's pressed in Memphis at MRP. I'm not saying it doesn't matter that GZ owns them, but it's not correct to say they're all pressed @ GZ because they aren't.

That first one, Pirates Press... yes THAT would be inaccurate if in fact they just get everything pressed at GZ. For sure. And who knows maybe we'll see more of this in the future but as far as I'm concerned you can't fault VMP for accurately listing where something is pressed irrespective of who actually owns the company.

Wellllll, I don't know about this take exactly... Precision Record Pressing are owned by GZ but it's a plant in Ontario Canada. It's not pressed at GZ in the Czech Republic so it's correct to say it's pressed at PRP. Same goes for MRP, it's pressed in Memphis at MRP. I'm not saying it doesn't matter that GZ owns them, but it's not correct to say they're all pressed @ GZ because they aren't.

That first one, Pirates Press... yes THAT would be inaccurate if in fact they just get everything pressed at GZ. For sure. And who knows maybe we'll see more of this in the future but as far as I'm concerned you can't fault VMP for accurately listing where something is pressed irrespective of who actually owns the company.
Pirates Press has always gotten everything pressed at GZ. They are just a middleman, like A to Z Media that lots of independent people use, who also uses GZ. Oh Sees have used Pirates Press for a lot of theirs. Only difference from standard GZ plates is usually a PIRATES PRESS stamp as well as the GZ stamp.

So yeah, anyone saying "pressed at Pirates Press" would be wrong.

Decided to go through and actually listen to disc 2 on my two copies of ATliens to see if either of them are clean.

Yeahhhh no, definitely not. So if they're only repressing disc one that ain't gunna be helping much.

Also I decided to go though and listen to every disc 2 across the 5 different copies of 36 Chambers that they've sent me. And yeah, they all have noise too. Sooooo, fun fun fun fun fun

Decided to go through and actually listen to disc 2 on my two copies of ATliens to see if either of them are clean.

Yeahhhh no, definitely not. So if they're only repressing disc one that ain't gunna be helping much.

Also I decided to go though and listen to every disc 2 across the 5 different copies of 36 Chambers that they've sent me. And yeah, they all have noise too. Sooooo, fun fun fun fun fun
Wait, I was told they are replacing disc 2 as that is what I have the signature surface noise on. Here is what I was told on 10/5. My disc 1 was fine.

"We're working with the pressing plant on a solution for the ATLiens pressing. I've added your name to our list, so you'll be notified once that reaches a resolution. We're likely going to repress side C/D, but we're still waiting to hear back on a timeline for that."

Back