Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

i bought it FROM the local record store
I'm saying if you have a local store that buys used records, go and unload it there. It probably won't be more than a couple of bucks, but you're not gonna get much more for it sticking it on discogs or something like that either.

I'm saying if you have a local store that buys used records, go and unload it there. It probably won't be more than a couple of bucks, but you're not gonna get much more for it sticking it on discogs or something like that either.
i know.. but my local store that buys used album is where I BOUGHT the original copy new because they had a couple.. and it feels like a dick move to do that.. or is that just ape brain thinking

i know.. but my local store that buys used album is where I BOUGHT the original copy new because they had a couple.. and it feels like a dick move to do that.. or is that just ape brain thinking
Dukey that is how local record stores make most of their money. They might only make a few bucks each off of new vinyl but they would likely buy your Wu-Tang for like $5 and then sell it to someone else for $15 which is still half the price of a new pressing which is going for $25.

I've got the numbered coloured MOV pressing of it and as much as I SHOULD sell it right now, I have less than zero faith in GZ to not botch it so I'm just gunna hang onto it JUUUUST in case.
I’m guessing you’re definitely grabbing the VMP edition of 36 Chambers?!

I’m actually so excited for the release and to spin the pressing! I think it’s my favourite Essentials ROTM ever, along De La Soul, The Notorious B.I.G., Billie Holiday and Jorge Ben!!! ♥️

I’ve done it several times. I may have an ape brain, but I don’t think there is anything wrong with it.

Nothing absurd about it at all. They are more than happy to accept your used LPs (whether you bought it from them or not) for a few dollars in exchange. They have to turn a profit somehow.
I've done this at least three times. I'm sure it'll happen again before this year concludes.

VMP announcing they oversold Outkast and are offering store credit for those who swap in 5...4...3...
At a certain point I am sure they realized that Oukast was the real “Essential” out for the 4 tracks this month and planned accordingly….right?

I would assume they sell more R&HH subs this month than the other 3 subs combined.

At a certain point I am sure they realized that Oukast was the real “Essential” out for the 4 tracks this month and planned accordingly….right?

I would assume they sell more R&HH subs this month than the other 3 subs combined.
AFAIK Outkast is completely gone as of now. They may have a bunch more laying around but it's not released yet.

This might he giving them too much credit, sadly.

I signed back up last month and started on essentials but quickly changed to RHH thinking they'd probably find a way to mess this up! Hasn't happened yet but if history taught us anything....

Also, anyone have thoughts on the quality of pressing on Soul Food!?

I signed back up last month and started on essentials but quickly changed to RHH thinking they'd probably find a way to mess this up! Hasn't happened yet but if history taught us anything....

It's decent. No issues on my end and am happy with it.

Biggest issue with Soul Food is that it's 45RPM (yay) but the label says 33RPM making it easy to forget when you first drop the needle.

Unless they fixed that with the repress.

Back