Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I don't know about everyone, but I would also be wildly surprised by Section 80, but these are all pipe dreams.

I believe Viktor Vaughn would be one of the last DOOM projects to get a pressing. Seems everything under the sun was released since his death except that.

Has there been a recent King Ghidorah reissue? I have that on red vinyl from a few years ago but am pretty sure it’s out of print.

Ooh if you want to do a DOOM deep cut, Monsta Island Czars would be killer.

I don't know about everyone, but I would also be wildly surprised by Section 80, but these are all pipe dreams.

Oh yeah, Section 80 would be incredible.

Has there been a recent King Ghidorah reissue? I have that on red vinyl from a few years ago but am pretty sure it’s out of print.

Ooh if you want to do a DOOM deep cut, Monsta Island Czars would be killer.

Oh yeah, Section 80 would be incredible.
Yup, there's been quite a few places. I actually had one on order but it got lost in the mail :(

I'd be wildly surprised by three really good hip hop picks in a row.
Definitely not. I can't remember during my membership a good three month run on hip hop*. I'm guessing one really good pick, one middle of the pack and one dud.

EDIT: Holy shit it's been like 4 months since I picked up a RHH album. We're due for a really good one. (I'd say Freddie Gibbs is the closest to really good in that stretch - for me at least).

* This is not true in retrospect. There was several good months from Fishscale to R.A.P. Music, I didn't mind Quasimoto and picked that one up and Big Boi is fantastic.

Last edited:
I thought the HH track had turned over a new leaf. The last half of 2020 was awesome, and 2021 started out decently, but I haven’t picked up anything since Lord Quas.

“Wild surprise” doesn’t inspire confidence. You could say Future’s Honest was a “wild surprise”. I certainly was surprised they picked such an awful album as ROTM.

I thought the HH track had turned over a new leaf. The last half of 2020 was awesome, and 2021 started out decently, but I haven’t picked up anything since Lord Quas.

“Wild surprise” doesn’t inspire confidence. You could say Future’s Honest was a “wild surprise”. I certainly was surprised they picked such an awful album as ROTM.
Omg, couldn’t agree more on how surprised I was at how much of an awful R&HH ROTM pick Future’s Honest was!!! 🤮

Tbh I mostly list faith in RHH

It seems like they just choose albums that don't really fit the vinyl format that well (seen in the fact they often put a skit as the last song on a side with a skit is more a transitional thing into the next song).. sure they do some great albums like fishscale, so much fun, southernplayalistic, muddy waters, and I'll sleep when your dead (id also put ivy sole and killer Mike there), but there is a lot of products of it's time and albums more made just because they aren't readily available like with dabrat or future or Freddie Gibbs

Yup, there's been quite a few places. I actually had one on order but it got lost in the mail :(
Day after I said this another drop happened and we're going to try this shit again. Maybe this one will actually reach my front door this time. Also spun my Special Blends Vol. 1 & 2 that arrived this week today and I got to say, it's absolutely dope. Incredible how many songs can be completely transformed by DOOM beats.

The wild surprises is that they aren't actually wild and Storf is being hyperbolic as usual.
This.

Keep in mind that Storf also tweeted "what a time to be a alive" when McDonalds released the Rick & Morty Szechuan sauce.

He has a very narrow view of where things stack in the history of things.

This.

Keep in mind that Storf also tweeted "what a time to be a alive" when McDonalds released the Rick & Morty Szechuan sauce.

He has a very narrow view of where things stack in the history of things.
Wait until he hears about the BTS McNugget meal.

Shit, we're getting BTS in Essentials now aren't we?

Wait until he hears about the BTS McNugget meal.

Shit, we're getting BTS in Essentials now aren't we?
Lol. I actually saw that as a YT ad yesterday. We just broke the VMP algorithm. When is the next McDonalds Monopoly game cause thats gonna coincide w the next price hike. But each ROTM comes w a free game price. Spoiler alert: they're all a free medium fry

Sigh. Spun Outkast from the VMP 100 drop today and of course Side a and b on disc 1 are mislabelled. I thought "Why is 'Players Ball' on so soon?".

Thus ends my relatively good run of VMP records, figures it would come as I cancel membership. Aside from a few pops and minor hisses I've had some pretty good success. Still a minor issue but my OCD prevents me from playing records in any way other than the correct order, and this is going to drive me literally insane.

Last edited:

20, 25, 31

I'm guessing this is probably track listing and that really scares me because what great rap albums have 31 tracks

Like all eyez on me was 27 tracks... 31 is too much

20, 25, 31

I'm guessing this is probably track listing and that really scares me because what great rap albums have 31 tracks

Like all eyez on me was 27 tracks... 31 is too much

I'm thinking it's the year anniversary. 90, 96 and '01. Those would all be really long albums.

Back