Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Wouldn't mind ScHoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions for January if they could get Blessed on there

For February, really wouldn't mind Chamillionaire - Sound of Revenge. No lie, I'm so much of a Cham stan that I would pick that up even with VMP's crap pricing model lol. Also, don't think it ever got a real press?

And my last pick for March would be cool with Cormega - The Realness. Looks like it has only been pressed the one time in 2001

And I would love the February 2021 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM pick to be M.I.A’s Arular or The Game’s The Documentary for 2005!!!

I would love for the January 2021 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM pick to be Killer Mike’s R.A.P. Music or Ab-Soul’s Control System if it’s going to be an album from 2012!!!
R.A.P. music was easily available until a couple of months ago. I picked it up then and I'd really have to consider double-dipping if that's the case.

I would love for the January 2021 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM pick to be Killer Mike’s R.A.P. Music or Ab-Soul’s Control System if it’s going to be an album from 2012!!!
Missed Control System when scrolling quickly through releases. That's a good one.
And I would love the February 2021 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM pick to be M.I.A’s Arular or The Game’s The Documentary for 2005!!!
Documentary is great too. Almost said that but they had that lenticular cover one a few years ago, right?

All this talk about R.A.P. music has got me wanting an El-P anthology:

- Company Flow: Funcrusher Plus
- El-P: Fantastic Damage
- El-P: High Water (optional but still cool)
- Cage: Hell's Winter
- Cannibal Ox: The Cold Vein
- Aesop Rock: None Shall Pass
- Mr Lif: Mo Mega or I Phantom
- Killer Mike: R.A.P. Music

Take my money. Just take all of it.

All this talk about R.A.P. music has got me wanting an El-P anthology:

- Company Flow: Funcrusher Plus
- El-P: Fantastic Damage
- El-P: High Water (optional but still cool)
- Cage: Hell's Winter
- Cannibal Ox: The Cold Vein
- Aesop Rock: None Shall Pass
- Mr Lif: Mo Mega or I Phantom
- Killer Mike: R.A.P. Music

Take my money. Just take all of it.
That'd be cool. I'm not sure None Shall Pass really fits though, didn't El-P only produce one and a half songs on that one?

Missed Control System when scrolling quickly through releases. That's a good one.

Documentary is great too. Almost said that but they had that lenticular cover one a few years ago, right?
Yeah, Control System by Ab-Soul would be incredible! The Documentary would be sick as well! 😎

I’m not sure if they did a lenticular cover for The Documentary. Either way, I want that album to get the. VMP treatment as it’s pretty much a modern classic! 💯

Yeah, Control System by Ab-Soul would be incredible! The Documentary would be sick as well! 😎

I’m not sure if they did a lenticular cover for The Documentary. Either way, I want that album to get the. VMP treatment as it’s pretty much a modern classic! 💯
The Documentary strikes me as a very VMP type pick, in a good way in my opinion.

I figured he would have done more production with Aes back when Def Jux was a thing, but I guess not.

Let's just have a Def Jux box set too.
Omg what is your new display picture! Is that a spider with a Christmas hat on!?!? That’s so cute! Like.....is that you!? 🤣🤣🤣

Back