Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I’d love more 90’s R&HH pressings. I need to do some research to see which need a pressing, though.
I dont know how likely it is but if they could open up the Rap-A-Lot vaults like they did with Ca$h Money, that would be amazing! They have so many albums that need quality pressings!

I doubt I'm buying much from VMP in the next year with pricing but would like pressings of all these (I'm probably missing a ton but these come to mind quickly):
  • Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade
  • Griselda - WWCD
  • Royce Da 5'9 - The Allegory
  • Krayzie Bone - Thug Mentality 1999
  • Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal (screw that RSD press)
  • Mick Jenkins - Pieces of a Man
  • Curren$y x Wiz Khalifa - How Fly?
  • Cordae - The Lost Boy
  • CyHi - No Dope On Sundays

Last edited:
I dont know how likely it is but if they could open up the Rap-A-Lot vaults like they did with Ca$h Money, that would be amazing! They have so many albums that need quality pressings!
I don’t remember if these were on Ca$h or not- but BIG TYMERS!

I don’t remember if these were on Ca$h or not- but BIG TYMERS!
Yes, they were. Not sure how likely they would be to do more Ca$h Money. Mannie Fresh is still in stock, and I could've swore Juvenile was still in stock for awhile (could be wrong though).

I'd probably bite on any No Limit albums though.

I'd consider it if they did Organized Konfusion - Stress or Mos Def - The Ecstatic, but I'd much rather they came from somewhere more reasonably priced.
The Ecstatic is a good album, but I don't think I can find Black on Both Sides anywhere now so I'd gladly take that one. I missed the boat it seems.

The Ecstatic is a good album, but I don't think I can find Black on Both Sides anywhere now so I'd gladly take that one. I missed the boat it seems.
Oh yeah, BoBS is better, but I've got an original thanks to my secret Santa last year. Dang looks like the median has climbed a lot.

Would definitely be a great pick.

I doubt I'm buying much from VMP in the next year with pricing but would like pressings of all these (I'm probably missing a ton but these come to mind quickly):
  • Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade
  • Griselda - WWCD
  • Royce Da 5'9 - The Allegory
  • Krayzie Bone - Thug Mentality 1999
  • Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal (screw that RSD press)
  • Mick Jenkins - Pieces of a Man
  • Curren$y x Wiz Khalifa - How Fly?
  • Cordae - The Lost Boy
  • CyHi - No Dope On Sundays
Whats wrong with the E. 1999 RSD press?

Whats wrong with the E. 1999 RSD press?
It was severely limited making it hard to get at retail and I refuse to purchase at secondary market prices. Also thrown in a generic sleeve with generic labels - just overall lazy / crap aesthetically for one of the best albums of all time IMO.

It was severely limited making it hard to get at retail and I refuse to purchase at secondary market prices. Also thrown in a generic sleeve with generic labels - just overall lazy / crap aesthetically for one of the best albums of all time IMO.
Oof, just looked it up on discogs, WTF haha. Sicrecords was supposed to have sold a pre-order on 10/31 but nothing came of it.

I think I'd only really consider rejoining if they did:

Saafir "Boxcar Sessions" and
Freestyle Fellowship "Inner City Griots"

I'd prefer they announced them and then they immediately go up elsewhere for half the price like PUTS did but that might be wishful thinking..

I think I'd only really consider rejoining if they did:

Saafir "Boxcar Sessions" and
Freestyle Fellowship "Inner City Griots"

I'd prefer they announced them and then they immediately go up elsewhere for half the price like PUTS did but that might be wishful thinking..
Man, I'm really glad I waited a few more days to get PUTS elsewhere. I would be kicking myself if I didn't and spent like $20CAD more than I should. That pick still remains a mystery to me. Is the VMP pressing just THAT much better than standard? Otherwise a lot of money for an obi strip, stencil and colored vinyl.

EDIT: I should mention that I am completely satisfied with the look and sound of my standard PUTS.

Man, I'm really glad I waited a few more days to get PUTS elsewhere. I would be kicking myself if I didn't and spent like $20CAD more than I should. That pick still remains a mystery to me. Is the VMP pressing just THAT much better than standard? Otherwise a lot of money for an obi strip, stencil and colored vinyl.

EDIT: I should mention that I am completely satisfied with the look and sound of my standard PUTS.
I still had the old price so it was well worth the $27 I paid for it. My favorite pick of the year!

I still had the old price so it was well worth the $27 I paid for it. My favorite pick of the year!
It would have been an add-on for me so I'd have to pay the new add on price. It is indeed a fantastic album, so that's not in question. I'm merely wondering if the VMP pressing is any better than standard sound quality wise, as it's a pretty big price difference for someone like me in Canada. Just comparing the packaging it's pretty much the same aside from the Obi strip, stencil and vinyl cover.

Reactions: Tj.
Back