Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Wait what? I definitely had enough for a coupon waiting :cry:
Yeah now you just get 5% cash back. It's a bummer but I was surprised that it lasted as long as it did. You could earn points when you used the 20% off and got free shipping over $100 so I would always have a 20% off coupon basically.

Speaking of fatbeats, really bummed they did away with their existing rewards system. No more 20% off coupons :(
I absolutely agree. I had 200 points built up plus a free shipping reward and lost them all. Got $10 credit and that’s it. Very bummed. Had I known I was losing it I probably would of ordered something

Speaking of Fat Beats I had two emails into them and never got a response. It used to be I would get responses on the same day. It’s been at least a month and no reply at all

I absolutely agree. I had 200 points built up plus a free shipping reward and lost them all. Got $10 credit and that’s it. Very bummed. Had I known I was losing it I probably would of ordered something

I had just used a coupon but still had 300. I got 11.25 but didn't notice at first. So I buy elcamino 2 because update: AIRVINYLS IS A POS COMPANY NOW. THEY IGNORED ME PAYPAL AND BANDCAMP. got my refund today from BC themselves and told em they're gonna have more claims otw.

Back to story. I got 1.75 for spending 25 plus tax and shipping after that. Realized I now had 13$ in rewards and got Kota the Friend for the low. I kinda like it the new system but they couldve converted it better I suppose. Email woulda been dope

Speaking of Fat Beats I had two emails into them and never got a response. It used to be I would get responses on the same day. It’s been at least a month and no reply at all
Not sure if this is the same issue but I contacted them via the form on their website, radio silence. Tried again, no response. I emailed them directly at customerservice@fatbeats.com and got a response extremely quickly. Might be having issues with their form if that's what you used

Not sure if this is the same issue but I contacted them via the form on their website, radio silence. Tried again, no response. I emailed them directly at customerservice@fatbeats.com and got a response extremely quickly. Might be having issues with their form if that's what you used
I did use the form on their site. I’ll remember this the next time

I don't have PUTS yet so I can't say... but sibilance is something that annoys me to no end and I never have gotten a good explanation on if (or how) it can be resolved. I mostly notice it on hip hop records and toward the end of a side as it gets progressively worse. Is this something I need to adjust my cartridge with or is the issue in the pressing itself? Cleaning the record doesn't fix it, and my tonearm and cartridge should be balanced and calibrated to the best of my ability.

I don't have PUTS yet so I can't say... but sibilance is something that annoys me to no end and I never have gotten a good explanation on if (or how) it can be resolved. I mostly notice it on hip hop records and toward the end of a side as it gets progressively worse. Is this something I need to adjust my cartridge with or is the issue in the pressing itself? Cleaning the record doesn't fix it, and my tonearm and cartridge should be balanced and calibrated to the best of my ability.
i hate sibilance also my hearing is very sensitive to it and picks it up very easily.sibilance can be caused by cart not being properly aligned but so many other reasons of what could be the cause of it.most of the time it's caused by a company/label hiring somebody who doesn't know how to properly mix/master or cut the grooves properly for the plates for pressing vinyl.or the original recording was recorded with a mic that was very sibilant so many factors why this could be but this definitely ruins a album for me.

Anybody have any predictions for next year? Also if you could pick 1 album for next year, what would it be?
We will finally get the repress of 3 Feet High and Rising that was promised.

No other predictions, but "Both Sides of the Brian" by Del is LONG overdue for a re-release. Also I would love if they could get at least one Def Jux record. Fantastic Damage has been promised on vinyl for seemingly ages now, but unless they put it in Essentials (which they won't), it might be a store drop. It would also be great if they can finally release Funcrusher Plus...ANYWHERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tj.
Back