Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Apollo Kids is fucking awesome 🔥🔥🔥 its kind of a forgotten gem in his huge staple of incredible music which has way more hits than misses. I consider GFK to be the best rapper alive along with Nas so take my bias how you want but seriously Apollo Kids is really fucking great. Pretty sure it was well received on release too 🤔

Apollo Kids is fucking awesome 🔥🔥🔥 its kind of a forgotten gem in his huge staple of incredible music which has way more hits than misses. I consider GFK to be the best rapper alive along with Nas so take my bias how you want but seriously Apollo Kids is really fucking great. Pretty sure it was well received on release too 🤔
I thought you thought that Kanye was the greatest rapper alive

Although I would prefer Fishscale, I'd be very happy with Ghostface Killah's Apollo Kids being the R&HH ROTM! It's a great album with tight production and tight bars! Definitely not as innovative and diverse as Fishscale in comparison however! Still, super happy that we are getting another Wu-Tang affiliated R&HH ROTM ! Hopefully they do a Ghostface Killah exclusive, and hopefully it is Fishscale or Ironman! 🤞

Something that always messed me up about Fishcale was that I was a huge Dilla and DOOM head before I heard the Fishscale album so I was already super familiar with those Dilla and DOOM beats on that album it it kinda ruined the listen for me because it felt like him freestyling over beats I already knew lol. I know it makes no sense but in my head, that always turned me off about Fishscale.

Something that always messed me up about Fishcale was that I was a huge Dilla and DOOM head before I heard the Fishscale album so I was already super familiar with those Dilla and DOOM beats on that album it it kinda ruined the listen for me because it felt like him freestyling over beats I already knew lol. I know it makes no sense but in my head, that always turned me off about Fishscale.
AS IF IT RUINED THE LISTEN FOR YOU!!! Ghostface Killah raps over those Dilla and DOOM beats so effortlessly though! I Will Whip You With a Strap if you don't like the song 'Whip You With A Strap' just because that instrumental was on Dilla's Donuts! 🤨😈

AS IF IT RUINED THE LISTEN FOR YOU!!! Ghostface Killah raps over those Dilla and DOOM beats so effortlessly though! I Will Whip You With a Strap if you don't like the song 'Whip You With A Strap' just because that instrumental was on Dilla's Donuts! 🤨😈

Hahahha I mean i literally spent years idolizing Donuts. Don't forget I live in Detroit, it made my appreciation of Dilla a million times better so when I discovered him I went in hard. I listened to it so damn much that I couldn't listen to anyone rap on any of those beats ever no matter who it was. It's almost sacred that those beats remain rapless haha.

As a Bone stan, I'd really like to see something from them pressed by VMP. Even though that RSD was kinda whack (limited quantity, no artwork, etc) it seems kind of unlikely for VMP now as does Creepin. How about Collection Vol. 1 though? Has some really amazing tracks (Days of our Livez, 1st of tha month, Notorious Thugs, etc) and looks like only pressed once.

Obviously not got this month but just in general

Back