Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I meant to post this a little while ago, but if any of y'all are enjoying Prince Among Thieves, I suggest you check out the Horror City Demo EP. Big Sha, who voices True on PAT, is one of the members. Prince Paul tried to shop the group in the mid-90s but couldn't get them signed. A bunch of songs on PAT are derived from this tape (MC Hustler, You Got Shot, Put the Next Man On), and I personally prefer some of the versions on the Demo.

Listened to that Coolio album and didn't like it very much. I never would've expected that I would re- listen to "Gangsta's paradise" because of VMP haha. Just listening to LL Cool J and I like that one more, but not sure if I would buy that one. Excited to check out the other records you mention here.

Pre_Life_Crisis_Cover.jpg

Someone link it to the first Count Bass-D album so I can get excited. Was released on Work Group, which was a part of Sony (distributed by Epic)

Man and here I thought I was throwing out some left-field picks.

I love me some CBD but doing his first album instead of something like Dwight Spitz or Act Your Waist Size would be criminal.

Man and here I thought I was throwing out some left-field picks.

I love me some CBD but doing his first album instead of something like Dwight Spitz or Act Your Waist Size would be criminal.

While I would agree, and would for sure prefer Dwight Spitz, this does match the 1995, the 1 (if talking about first album, # of artists, #1 of people on cover), and perhaps the label clues, if dug deep enough. It is OOP, and seems like it could be a VMP pick

While I would agree, and would for sure prefer Dwight Spitz, this does match the 1995, the 1 (if talking about first album, # of artists, #1 of people on cover), and perhaps the label clues, if dug deep enough. It is OOP, and seems like it could be a VMP pick

I wouldn't complain if it is (it's one of the few albums of his I don't have on vinyl), but I can see a lot of teeth-gnashing if they do go with it.

It'd definitely be cool if they also did a store exclusive of his newest album to go along with it. It's some of his best material in over a decade.

Raekwon's "Only built 4 Cuban Linx..." sounds great. Just checking it out. It still sounds fresh to me, a lot more than Coolio or LL Cool J, which sound more dated to me. Especially I like the instrumental parts of the songs. Feels like a great album to spin on vinyl. 🔥

Have we already ruled it out as possible VMP RotM? 🤔

If the RotM is Coolio or LL Cool J I might pick up this instead, elsewhere. How's the MOV of this sounding? 🎧

Raekwon's "Only built 4 Cuban Linx..." sounds great. Just checking it out. It still sounds fresh to me, a lot more than Coolio or LL Cool J, which sound more dated to me. Especially I like the instrumental parts of the songs. Feels like a great album to spin on vinyl. 🔥

If the RotM is Coolio or LL Cool J I might pick up this instead, elsewhere. How's the MOV of this sounding? 🎧
It’s less likely than the others due to the label clue (though it could be stretched to fit).

Wu-Tang Clan is the greatest collection of music-makers of all time (the Miles Davis sextet on Kind of Blue is the second).

The Music On Vinyl (MOV) pressing sounds pretty great actually, but I think the VMP pressing will sound a bit better, and will of course look better too! I have the MOV pressing for Mobb Deep’s The Infamous and while it sounds pretty great, the VMP exclusive does sound a bit better - maybe it was just a pressing plant thing though, but the production and vocals do sound better on the VMP pressing! 🤷‍♂️

Also, yes Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx definitely still sounds fresh to this day! The production on that album by RZA is intricate, focused, sophisticated and detailed! The piano loops, crispy drums, horn stabs and whaling strings are all stealthy and steamy/hot! The production compliments Raekwon’s grimy agent-like narratives, marbled wordplay and braggadocio tone! It’s mafioso rap perfection! This is the best rap album of 1995 along with GZA’s Liquid Swords, no doubt! 💼💎💵🔑🔦

I really want the R&HH ROTM to be Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx! I mean, imagine how happy @Mather would be!!! 😄

I don’t even want to listen to LL Cool J or Coolio’s albums from 1995 after even thinking about how good Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx is! 💯

This is my thought too, we got some helpful info on pressings a few pages back. Cheers to more Wu-Tang in the collection 🍻

This is my thought too, we got some helpful info on pressings a few pages back. Cheers to more Wu-Tang in the collection 🍻
All MOV vinyl sounds great to me & ive bought quite a lot. Avoid the OB4CL pressing from Get On Down that comes in a pvc sleeve. Pressing is fine. Sleeve is horrible i hate it so much 😢 I think ill buy the MOV myself to replace it

Back