Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

The Music On Vinyl (MOV) pressing sounds pretty great actually, but I think the VMP pressing will sound a bit better, and will of course look better too! I have the MOV pressing for Mobb Deep’s The Infamous and while it sounds pretty great, the VMP exclusive does sound a bit better - maybe it was just a pressing plant thing though, but the production and vocals do sound better on the VMP pressing! 🤷‍♂️

Also, yes Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx definitely still sounds fresh to this day! The production on that album by RZA is intricate, focused, sophisticated and detailed! The piano loops, crispy drums, horn stabs and whaling strings are all stealthy and steamy/hot! The production compliments Raekwon’s grimy agent-like narratives, marbled wordplay and braggadocio tone! It’s mafioso rap perfection! This is the best rap album of 1995 along with GZA’s Liquid Swords, no doubt! 💼💎💵🔑🔦

I really want the R&HH ROTM to be Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx! I mean, imagine how happy @Mather would be!!! 😄

I don’t even want to listen to LL Cool J or Coolio’s albums from 1995 after even thinking about how good Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx is! 💯
I’m with you there, I hope it’s OBFCL if it’s Coolio or LL I’ll just skip VMP this month and buy that purple version that was linked instead.

I am a completionist & personally planned on having more Coolio and LL than I already have eventually so I'm ok with this even if I'm not overly thrilled. Already have OB4CL but I hate my copy so that's welcomed too but none of them thrill me for those reasons. I want something like Operation Stackola 😭😭😭😭

I am a completionist & personally planned on having more Coolio and LL than I already have eventually so I'm ok with this even if I'm not overly thrilled. Already have OB4CL but I hate my copy so that's welcomed too but none of them thrill me for those reasons. I want something like Operation Stackola 😭😭😭😭
I'm hoping it's Rae or Big L with good mastering/pressing quality. Even though both are readily available, they would cost me more than my subscription and Get On Down doesn't have the best rep.

I'm hoping it's Rae or Big L with good mastering/pressing quality. Even though both are readily available, they would cost me more than my subscription and Get On Down doesn't have the best rep.
Get on down has access to great albums but sadly yeah they usually sound poor , I stopped buying from them exclusively there shipping to me is extortionate too

I'm actually okay with both Coolio and LL but I think they would both stick around for a little bit. That Raekwon is on of my favorites and I really should have bought that one by now.

I'm actually okay with both Coolio and LL but I think they would both stick around for a little bit. That Raekwon is on of my favorites and I really should have bought that one by now.
I really should have OB4CL too, and OB4CL2 even. I was lucky to see Rae and Ghost when they did the 20th anniversary tour. I think I'll have to join the ranks on getting it when we're dissapointed this month.

I really should have OB4CL too, and OB4CL2 even. I was lucky to see Rae and Ghost when they did the 20th anniversary tour. I think I'll have to join the ranks on getting it when we're dissapointed this month.
I have Raekwon, Gza, and Meth, solo LPs. I would like ODB, Rza, and a few Ghostface.

I have Raekwon, Gza, and Meth, solo LPs. I would like ODB, Rza, and a few Ghostface.
Yeah, my Wu collection sucks, I only have Liquid Swords. I need to step it up. Tried too much to get originals for cheap and failed to jump. Now it's even harder.

What RZA do you want? I've never really found a solo one I need. I definitely need Gravediggaz though.

I've got all the Wu group studio albums on vinyl even a bootleg 8 diagrams. Majority of Ghostface catalogue he is joint 2nd (sorry I can't separate) with Nas in my top 5. Then all the other members I got a bunch of random ones usually their debut solos + others. ive got gravediggaz & czarface etc...There is so much stuff to own though 😕 ODB is a must. I need the sophomore

I'd be happy with any of the Wu solo projects from 1995. I was able to see them last fall for the 25th anniversary of Enter the Wu (36 Chambers), it was a great show. They did the whole album. And it was a double billing with Wu Tang on first, then Snoop, who brought Warren G. That show was a lot of fun.

Yeah, my Wu collection sucks, I only have Liquid Swords. I need to step it up. Tried too much to get originals for cheap and failed to jump. Now it's even harder.

What RZA do you want? I've never really found a solo one I need. I definitely need Gravediggaz though.
I like his Bobby Digital stuff probably his first Bobby Digital album and the Ghost Dog Soundtrack.

I like his Bobby Digital stuff probably his first Bobby Digital album and the Ghost Dog Soundtrack.
I would love some Bobby Digital. Only RZA solo I have is the RSD one from a while back. Think its his 3rd solo the album name is escaping me but its billed as RZA and has We Pop which sounds like Bad Boy For Life

I'd be happy with any of the Wu solo projects from 1995. I was able to see them last fall for the 25th anniversary of Enter the Wu (36 Chambers), it was a great show. They did the whole album. And it was a double billing with Wu Tang on first, then Snoop, who brought Warren G. That show was a lot of fun.
I may or may not have met some of the Wu. One of my first dates with my wife was the 93 or 94 powerfest concert. I vaguely remember who was performing . i think it was Aaliyah, LL Cool J , Jade maybe Blackstreet and Shai . A bunch of dudes were handing out cassette tapes and stickers. I remember getting one and thinking who the hell are the Wu Tang Clan. A couple weeks later I started seeing Method Man playing constantly on the Box. ( it was like MTV but you had to pay to play a video.) I've always wondered if it was actually one of the Wu that handed me that tape, and I wish I still had it.

Back