Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Any preference between the red and purple? If VMP presses coolio maybe I will cancel and get one of these instead!
The purple variant that I have sounds really good, and I think it's the most fitting color variant seeing that it's always been known as the purple tape. I don't know that I really like the red and white variant personally. If they had done red with gold for the chain I think I'd be more on board with it.

Any preference between the red and purple? If VMP presses coolio maybe I will cancel and get one of these instead!
I’ve the red & gold MOV which is very nice. Don’t have that Newbury you linked. The MOV is good. Don’t remember if it’s gatefold or single sleeve and don’t feel like looking but I’m happy with it.
Also have the older GoD purple and I found that nice too. There wasn’t really an issue w the sleeve, as someone mentioned, as much as the sleeve is stupid. It’s a PVC outer w the artwork on folded cardboard w records just tucked in there. I store the records in poly sleeves and then store those in their own outer sleeve to segregate them from the PVC. I guess they were trying to do something outside the box maybe? So I guess some credit there but I’d rather have a gatefold (not enough to buy another copy, but def not a great layout). Again, sound wise is gtg.

I’ve the red & gold MOV which is very nice. Don’t have that Newbury you linked. The MOV is good. Don’t remember if it’s gatefold or single sleeve and don’t feel like looking but I’m happy with it.
Also have the older GoD purple and I found that nice too. There wasn’t really an issue w the sleeve, as someone mentioned, as much as the sleeve is stupid. It’s a PVC outer w the artwork on folded cardboard w records just tucked in there. I store the records in poly sleeves and then store those in their own outer sleeve to segregate them from the PVC. I guess they were trying to do something outside the box maybe? So I guess some credit there but I’d rather have a gatefold (not enough to buy another copy, but def not a great layout). Again, sound wise is gtg.
Yeah, I had heard some suggest that the PVC sleeve fell apart (cracking and splitting) soon after they purchased it. A kinda cool thing about the newer GOD version besides it being a gatefold is they also throw in a couple of the “Purple Tape” stickers they used to seal the PVC copies in the shipping box. A nice touch.

Yeah, I had heard some suggest that the PVC sleeve fell apart (cracking and splitting) soon after they purchased it. A kinda cool thing about the newer GOD version besides it being a gatefold is they also throw in a couple of the “Purple Tape” stickers they used to seal the PVC copies in the shipping box. A nice touch.
Oh that’s pretty cool about the stickers. Yea I’d def prefer that one over the older if I was buying again although that wasn’t a choice back when I purchased.
My sleeve is holding up fine. I’ve only a handful of releases w PVC sleeves and all newer ones are fine (although I don’t doubt they won’t age well). Only PVCs I have that have gotten brittle are some older sleeves from 7”s that came out in the 80s.

it could be coolio because RSD was supposed to be about a few months ago... so maybe they expected the first release to be RSD then VMP would go "we have an exclusive pressing of the wide release" or some shit

Agree w/ the standard gatefold. The first one was so weird.
Yep I've got the PVC OBFCL and I fu..ing hate it 😒

I feel like the majority of this thread would be better off giving up the VMP R&HH sub and keeping an eye on this.

OMG I NEED THAT CRAIG MACK! LOOKS SO GOOD!!! 😍😍😍

I've got one coming. Past releases sold out and look great too
You’ve got the Sunset Yellow variant coming in? Shipping is so expensive on the HHV site but it’s much cheaper (13 euros) on Discogs so I might bite the bullet! 🙉

Making Movies with Puff is such a fucking jam! That used to be one of my favourite hip-hop tracks back then! So mellow and playful! 🔥👌

You’ve got the Sunset Yellow variant coming in? Shipping is so expensive on the HHV site but it’s much cheaper (13 euros) on Discogs so I might bite the bullet! 🙉

Making Movies with Puff is such a fucking jam! That used to be one of my favourite hip-hop tracks back then! So mellow and playful! 🔥👌
HHV get some great stuff. They and fatbeats seem to get colour vinyl exclusive of mr bongos recent hip hop 7s which have been awesome
https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/cyp...low-in-the-dark-vinyl-edition-746980?p=C1UrbM

Ultramagnetic MC’s - Give the Drummer Some (7" - Fat Beats Exclusive Red Vinyl)

I feel like the majority of this thread would be better off giving up the VMP R&HH sub and keeping an eye on this.

I do wish their were other options for hip hop vinyl subscriptions to compete with VMP

Yeah my friend ordered two. One for each of us. We order each other stuff all the time. Cant wait to spin this one such a great album 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Pre_Life_Crisis_Cover.jpg

Someone link it to the first Count Bass-D album so I can get excited. Was released on Work Group, which was a part of Sony (distributed by Epic)

Back