Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I am a completionist & personally planned on having more Coolio and LL than I already have eventually so I'm ok with this even if I'm not overly thrilled. Already have OB4CL but I hate my copy so that's welcomed too but none of them thrill me for those reasons. I want something like Operation Stackola 😭😭😭😭
Yo! You hate your copy of Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx! Why wouldn’t you be super hyped for it to be the possible R&HH ROTM!?!? Think more quality over quantity. Don’t mean shit in my opinion if the vinyl doesn’t sound that good. I still think the Music On Vinyl pressing I have sounds pretty good, but I’d love the possibility of getting an even better sounding pressing + a nice colour variant! 💎

Like, how much do you actually like Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx?! Is sound quality a big thing for you. or are you more concerned about just having the album on wax? 🤔

Yo! You hate your copy of Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx! Why wouldn’t you be super hyped for it to be the possible R&HH ROTM!?!? Think more quality over quantity. Don’t mean shit in my opinion if the vinyl doesn’t sound that good. I still think the Music On Vinyl pressing I have sounds pretty good, but I’d love the possibility of getting an even better sounding pressing + a nice colour variant! 💎

Like, how much do you actually like Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx?! Is sound quality a big thing for you. or are you more concerned about just having the album on wax? 🤔
I dont hate the vinyl itself I hate the packaging. Sound quality matters of course but I'm not an audiophile with an expensive set up by any means. I can easily jump on and buy that MOV copy now and be perfectly happy. If its a VMP press I'll be equally happy. So its not a priority for me that its this album this month from VMP you get me? I want something else
1. I dont have
2. I probably can't get as easily
3. That I would definitely plan on picking up down the line either way
4. Something I'm not familiar with (for 95 might be hard for me) and I can fall in love with

I dont hate the vinyl itself I hate the packaging. Sound quality matters of course but I'm not an audiophile with an expensive set up by any means. I can easily jump on and buy that MOV copy now and be perfectly happy. If its a VMP press I'll be equally happy. So its not a priority for me that its this album this month from VMP you get me? I want something else
1. I dont have
2. I probably can't get as easily
3. That I would definitely plan on picking up down the line either way
4. Something I'm not familiar with (for 95 might be hard for me) and I can fall in love with
Fair enough! Well, hopefully we still get Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx so we can get great packaging + a great looking colour variant + better sound quality. I don’t care much about packaging/jacket quality, but it would be nice to get a good-looking, high quality jacket!

Yeah, I definitely understand and agree with your three points as to why you would or wouldn’t be hyped for a ROTM!

Fair enough! Well, hopefully we still get Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx so we can get great packaging + a great looking colour variant + better sound quality. I don’t care much about packaging/jacket quality, but it would be nice to get a good-looking, high quality jacket!

Yeah, I definitely understand and agree with your three points as to why you would or wouldn’t be hyped for a ROTM!
I dont care for having doubles really and I've got so many doubles because VMP have pressed an ROTM that I already have or done such a nice exclusive i couldn't help myself lol. I gave my OG The Infamous to my friend recently because the VMP version is so pretty 😍 😂

I dont care for having doubles really and I've got so many doubles because VMP have pressed an ROTM that I already have or done such a nice exclusive i couldn't help myself lol. I gave my OG The Infamous to my friend recently because the VMP version is so pretty 😍 😂
I’m also going to giveaway my MOV Mobb Deep The Infamous pressing to my future vinyl crush or future in-person vinyl friends because I have the VMP edition too! 😂😂😂

I know, how good-looking is the VMP colour as well! Makes me happy looking at it too! 😍😂

Raekwon and Big L? Man y'all are really gearing up for some disappointment this month.

Would VMP even be able to get away with Big L with the lyrical content that is on that album anyway? (Multiple bars about hitting women, bigoted language towards gays, etc). Album is a certified classic but just would be odd with the stances they seem to take

Raekwon and Big L? Man y'all are really gearing up for some disappointment this month.

Would VMP even be able to get away with Big L with the lyrical content that is on that album anyway? (Multiple bars about hitting women, bigoted language towards gays, etc). Album is a certified classic but just would be odd with the stances they seem to take
Good point. I haven't spent much time with the lyrics on that album. Lots of questionable stuff on the Biggie album that they did though.

Good point. I haven't spent much time with the lyrics on that album. Lots of questionable stuff on the Biggie album that they did though.
Their "Stances" can be extremely flexible and hypocritical imo. If Storf just doesn't like someone we ain't getting it lol

I have Raekwon, Gza, and Meth, solo LPs. I would like ODB, Rza, and a few Ghostface.
I completed the initial solo release collection late last year. Enter the 36 chambers is an original '93 sealed pressing that I somehow scored for $36 (perfectly fitting) on discogs and forever is an original '97 pressing. Rae is the purple Get on Down version in the gatefold cover and it sounds great. Ironman is the MOV version and also sounds great. Tical is the VMP version. I do have the Marvel variant of Liquid Swords as well.

1594834752372.png

Last edited:
I completed the initial solo release collection late last year. Enter the 36 chambers is an original '93 sealed pressing that I somehow scored for $36 (perfectly fitting) on discogs and forever is an original '97 pressing. Rae is the purple Get on Down version in the gatefold cover and it sounds great. Ironman is the MOV version and also sounds great. Tical is the VMP version. I do have the Marvel variant of Liquid Swords as well.

View attachment 56760
20200715_164007.jpg
Okay so my collection isn't as extensive as yours, but I'm really stoked to have the 36 Chambers box set with the Wu 45 adaptors and also the Numbered Clear Vinyl MOV pressing of 36 Chambers as well. And then the deluxe Marvel Liquid Swords with the comic.

Funny story, some of you might remember the VMP screw up with the Liquid Swords 7" box set where they mistakenly sold them for $17 dollars each. Well I got one and traded it straight up to a member for that mint unopened 36 Chambers box set. That dude is still my hero.

Last edited:
View attachment 56799
Okay so my collection isn't as extensive as yours, but I'm really stoked to have the 36 Chambers box set with the Wu 45 adaptors and the Numbered Clear Vinyl MOV pressing of 36 Chambers as well. And then the deluxe Marvel Liquid Swords with the comic.

Funny story, some of you might remember the VMP screw up with the Liquid Swords 7" box set where they mistakenly sold them for $17 dollars each. Well I got one and traded it straight up to a member for that mint unopened 36 Chambers box set. That dude is still my hero.

Believe that was me. I had no use for two them and felt one needed a good home. One of very few good deeds in my life. Plus it was free for me as I won it in a contest

View attachment 56799
Okay so my collection isn't as extensive as yours, but I'm really stoked to have the 36 Chambers box set with the Wu 45 adaptors and the Numbered Clear Vinyl MOV pressing of 36 Chambers as well. And then the deluxe Marvel Liquid Swords with the comic.

Believe that was me. I had no use for two them and felt one needed a good home. One of very few good deeds in my life. Plus it was free for me as I won it in a contest
Wow and it's the boxset with the 45 adapters. They repressed the 7inch box without them. I wanted the OG had it in my cart but shipping was crazy. Still sick I never got it. Great deed @Luke

View attachment 56799

That box set is TITS!! I didn't even know it was a thing. The 45 adaptors are one of the coolest turntable accessories I have ever seen. I'm kind of Wu junkie. Even my user name walkingdogs is an ode to Rae's line of "Let's go ahead and walk these dogs and represent Wu" on Ice Cream.

Last edited:
That box set is TITS!! I didn't even know it was a thing. The 45 adaptors are one of the coolest turntable accessories I have ever seen.
20200715_180814.jpg

I know man, I absolutely love it. The craziest thing with those adaptors is that they're THICK. It's not like a regular thin 45 adaptor, they're like more than half an inch thick and It's kinda like translucent yellow instead of the usual opaque coloring on those things.

And that black and white single is the "Bloody" version of Protect Ya Neck that's totally unedited. It's a repress and recreation of the original jacket when they first released the single.

Back