Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I think all Roots albums are classics.

Oh you definitely aren't wrong, but with the way they were referring to the guess me clues, the last album I (and plenty other people) thought we'd be getting would be How I Got Over. Great album, but for the time period, you hardly hear it called a classic. Just trying to point out how the word "classic" has so many different definitions based on who's using it

Oh you definitely aren't wrong, but with the way they were referring to the guess me clues, the last album I (and plenty other people) thought we'd be getting would be How I Got Over. Great album, but for the time period, you hardly hear it called a classic. Just trying to point out how the word "classic" has so many different definitions based on who's using it
Oh I know, I'm just kidding. I'm totally pickin' up what you're puttin' down.

does a reissue on cd count? I could see this being a VMP pick although I’d think they would have tried to release this after Sorry To Bother You came out.
I doubt it, if EU vinyl reissues don't even count. Have they ever done a movie tie in? They could have done a tune-yards album for that movie too.

I'd be surprised if this were it though.

Someone talk me out of Safe + Sound by DJ Quik... 90's rap classic that's never been re-issued that's Quik's third album. I don't want my hopes crushed TOO much when it turns out to be Naughty by Nature or some other "classic"

I've got Quik is the Name & Rhythm-al-ism already and the only thing that's stopped me from pulling the trigger on an OG press is the price
To be fair they put out Doggystyle. And who actually would've thought they'd ever press Teflon Don? They also referred to The Roots "How I Got Over" as a classic so who really knows what they'd do anymore?

The lyrics to Diggin you out, Can I eat it?, and Tha Ho in You have to make it a pass.

Also, last year Storf said Teflon Don was coming in April for the 10 year anniversary since it has never been pressed before!

The lyrics to Diggin you out, Can I eat it?, and Tha Ho in You have to make it a pass.

Also, last year Storf said Teflon Don was coming in April for the 10 year anniversary since it has never been pressed before!

Well I did ask you to talk me out of it and you're doing a pretty good job of that, so thank you lol. And yes I do remember him mentioning that last year, but when I joined VMP in 2017, I never imagined them pressing an artist like Rick Ross (although I'm not mad considering Teflon Don is one of those nostalgic classics for me)

I'd totally take the coup

though they seem a little too radical for VMP it would be an awesome pick

its totally 3rd album btw because for classics the clue is jazz, 1.. and i dont know many solo jazz albums like that

I wouldn't rule out 19 Naughty III just yet... given they have an established relationship with Tommy Boy there will almost certainly be more Tommy Boy releases at some point... three members in the group, never been reissued on vinyl and love it or hate it, it definitely meets the 'classic' criteria... I also wouldn't hold your breath for the Coup... trust me on that...

Because she’s a really important artist in the history of rock. Because she has an amazing voice. Because she’s iconic. Because she’s a badass. Because she has an amazing career outside of Fleetwood Mac and away from Lindsay Buckingham that deserves highlighting. There are a million reasons to pick Stevie. Personally I’d have chosen an album after her first two given that rhino have relatively recently released exceptional presses of them.
I wouldn't rule out 19 Naughty III just yet... given they have an established relationship with Tommy Boy there will almost certainly be more Tommy Boy releases at some point... three members in the group, never been reissued on vinyl and love it or hate it, it definitely meets the 'classic' criteria... I also wouldn't hold your breath for the Coup... trust me on that...

Having his album be part of a record of the month club and get lauded by someone like the Storfer to sell subs is pretty much the last thing Boots Riley is going to let happen. Everyone can go ahead and 86 The Coup off their list.

Having his album be part of a record of the month club and get lauded by someone like the Storfer to sell subs is pretty much the last thing Boots Riley is going to let happen. Everyone can go ahead and 86 The Coup off their list.
dammit it would have been great if we got it though (and it reminded me i needed to watch sorry to bother you)

Back