Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Been missing. Went to Amsterdam 4 days, still broken after 2 days back 🥺 but anyway my 2 cents.....I would like some Ross, Teflon Don is a good pick for R&HH, sometimes you need that well respected/fondly remembered(by some)👍🏻
*hated by others😴😴*
....mainstream album to drop in the sub like T.I. King, Lil Wayne C III, Juvenile 400 Degreez etc

I love these kind of releases especially when they havent been pressed or are not as easily attainable but no let's press Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens on blue/white cloud vinyl because its dope, hip to like & isnt mainstream no matter how many times it is pressed 🤷🏻‍♂️ I actually think that would be cool regardless of the fact I already own it 😂 but I'm trying to make a point

Been missing. Went to Amsterdam 4 days, still broken after 2 days back 🥺 but anyway my 2 cents.....I would like some Ross, Teflon Don is a good pick for R&HH, sometimes you need that well respected/fondly remembered(by some)👍🏻
*hated by others😴😴*
....mainstream album to drop in the sub like T.I. King, Lil Wayne C III, Juvenile 400 Degreez etc

I love these kind of releases especially when they havent been pressed or are not as easily attainable but no let's press Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens on blue/white cloud vinyl because its dope, hip to like & isnt mainstream no matter how many times it is pressed 🤷🏻‍♂️ I actually think that would be cool regardless of the fact I already own it 😂 but I'm trying to make a point
I don't hate charting albums, plenty I'd pick up, but also don't care about Rick Ross. people like what they like, is that your point? there's plenty of people that want these hit albums- they were hits :rolleyes:

Not Drake please.

Another note on Ross. I don’t think I liked anything from him prior to Teflon Don, and I remember how shocked I was by how focused and great it was. It’s actually the only thing outside of his MBDTF features that I truly love by him.

My point is that if you just don’t want it because you THINK you dont like Rick Ross....maybe this one would change your mind. Easily the best thing he has ever put out.

“I’m not a star, somebody lied” is a god tier opening line.

Last edited:
I don't hate charting albums, plenty I'd pick up, but also don't care about Rick Ross. people like what they like, is that your point? there's plenty of people that want these hit albums- they were hits :rolleyes:
I badly made my point because my head just isnt fully functioning right now 😂 probably best forgotten. I think for the wider audience something like teflon don might actually be very accessible for them and it's nice to strike a balance between those mainstream releases & then your blackalicious, camp lo, doom & open mike eagle etc

If it's Rick Ross I'll probably pass seeing as I'll never listen to it, I might give it a shot but I'm sure if I didn't care for it then I won't care for it now! Besides, I've been eyeing $40 store credit for a while and I think it's finally time to pull the trigger!

Just to be clear I'm not a huge ross fan by any means I think he can rap well, his ear for production choices is really good, although his albums are usually overall average. i do think we need to be factual here and not dismiss something to boost any agenda for any release or artist

I think some people mentioned it wasnt well received or forgettable , wasnt on year end lists etc
Well going by a quick wiki check below this looks like something that should be pressed really, I know from speaking to a lot of different folk its definitely something they want so it might actually be a little bit of a coup for VMP Screenshot_20200311-135239_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200311-135314_Chrome.jpg

I will die a little bit on the inside if it's Drake. Teflon Don I'm currently mixed on. It's not bad, but I don't think I'd ever throw this on my table. Probably gonna swap.

Also, anyone received Blackalicious yet? if So, could we get some pics of the disc, and also the stencil because I'm curious

Last edited:
Teflon Don was received exceedingly well on release and imo has only grown in stature in the wake of it considering people were coming to grips with the fact that they had to take Rick Ross seriously. For about a year there he was the hottest and most in demand rapper for features. TD was a hot record and no question one of the best albums, any genre, of that year.

I will die a little bit on the inside if it's Drake. Teflon Don I'm currently mixed on. It's not bad, but I don't think I'd ever throw this on my table. Probably gonna swap.

Also, anyone received Blackalicious yet? if So, could we get some pics of the disc, and also the stencil because I'm curious
I got it yesterday

15839365056648485088679803519006.jpg15839365486926163381630185985653.jpg

Teflon Don was received exceedingly well on release and imo has only grown in stature in the wake of it considering people were coming to grips with the fact that they had to take Rick Ross seriously. For about a year there he was the hottest and most in demand rapper for features. TD was a hot record and no question one of the best albums, any genre, of that year.

Give me God Forgives I Don't exclusive as well cuz ya can't get it!!! That album has some of my favorite Ross songs including 3 Kings, Diced Pineapples, Rich Forever, and of course Sixteen (fwiw the last 4 songs on that album r a damn RUN imo)

Back