Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Or Jesus Piece!!!! It's probably a non RSD version of Cherry Bomb tho lol
We definitely need Jesus Piece but I don't see VMP touching Game after certain allegations were made previously 😫. Is an official cherry bomb press coming on rsd? 🤩

Edit: just seen the list in hiphop thread. God son is a great release for rsd I got an og copy though

Last edited:
Last year before the VMP site migration fiasco I was trying to pull an inception on Storf to get him to do more releases from the Richmond, Virginia music scene (off the top of my head, I recall some past RVA releases from VMP include Oneness of Juju and Natalie Prass). Not sure if it took, but I'd love to see a ROTM release from beatmakers DJ Harrison or Ohbliv. Both of them have huge catalogs of digital-only and/or cassette-only releases that would be great on vinyl.

One of my all-time favorite beat tapes is DJ Harrison's TapeCookies:

If it's a little short don't worry, he also made TapeCookies2 so that can be your b-side.

Similarly, Ohbliv has a huge discography. He occasionally puts out an album with Fat Beats, so I wouldn't mind if they collab'd to get this album on wax:

Like seriously, this song in particular could be the soundtrack to my life:

But uhhh... anyways, Storf went on his self-imposed exile before I felt like I had fully planted the seeds of him doing more RVA music so chalk all this up to wishful thinking. It's probably gonna end up being Megan Thee Stallion or something.

Last year before the VMP site migration fiasco I was trying to pull an inception on Storf to get him to do more releases from the Richmond, Virginia music scene (off the top of my head, I recall some past RVA releases from VMP include Oneness of Juju and Natalie Prass). Not sure if it took, but I'd love to see a ROTM release from beatmakers DJ Harrison or Ohbliv. Both of them have huge catalogs of digital-only and/or cassette-only releases that would be great on vinyl.

One of my all-time favorite beat tapes is DJ Harrison's TapeCookies:

If it's a little short don't worry, he also made TapeCookies2 so that can be your b-side.

Similarly, Ohbliv has a huge discography. He occasionally puts out an album with Fat Beats, so I wouldn't mind if they collab'd to get this album on wax:

Like seriously, this song in particular could be the soundtrack to my life:

But uhhh... anyways, Storf went on his self-imposed exile before I felt like I had fully planted the seeds of him doing more RVA music so chalk all this up to wishful thinking. It's probably gonna end up being Megan Thee Stallion or something.

Itll be GWAR.

the question is do you think that VMP can do three great hip hop picks in a row

thats why i say meghan, MNIMN, and die lit are out... those are too easy of sellers out... VMP would probably have said "hey we are pressing die lit on vinyl"

the question is do you think that VMP can do three great hip hop picks in a row

thats why i say meghan, MNIMN, and die lit are out... those are too easy of sellers out... VMP would probably have said "hey we are pressing die lit on vinyl"
So its gonna be a "never been on vinyl" release because nobody ever wanted it 😫

Unfortunately I don't think we're ever getting Megan. Storf said last year they took as many shots as they could on that one and if it happened it would be in 2020, but that was before she absolutely blew up. If it was that tough to lock down before, I don't see it happening now (which really sucks since Fever was my favorite RHH album last year).

I wonder if they'll go back to the Cash Money pool. I know it would be divisive pick but I would love Nicki Minaj 'The Pinkprint''. Easily her best and the only one never pressed (and was on VMP's Cash Money Primer article)

note i am not saying its impossible for it to be fever or die lit or my name is my name or any other incredibly impressive fast sell out like that... i just am surprised VMP wouldn't market these last few months... once el-P dropped they could have bluntly said "ok instead of the essentials we will announce the R&HH ROTMs because i know these are all killer albums that would sell out very fast".. especially since besides phrenology the newest announcements were timid and more of a "dont worry about preordering caroline rose" situation

note i am not saying its impossible for it to be fever or die lit or my name is my name or any other incredibly impressive fast sell out like that... i just am surprised VMP wouldn't market these last few months... once el-P dropped they could have bluntly said "ok instead of the essentials we will announce the R&HH ROTMs because i know these are all killer albums that would sell out very fast".. especially since besides phrenology the newest announcements were timid and more of a "dont worry about preordering caroline rose" situation
I think R&HH has its solid subscribers and fan base that they dont really need to do that. With Essentials it's so broad and drags ppl in that the 3 month announce works, just from talking it seems alot of people sign up for Essentials, add R&HH then end up dropping Essentials I find lol

Back