Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Slander. Is it Mick's best work? No. But it's definitely miles better than a lot of stuff I see people dying for here (re: Die Lit and Fever). But 🤷‍♂️

How about Jay Electronica?

Fully agree it's miles better than those albums, it was one of my favorites of 2018 and VMP's existing relationship with Mick increases the possibility, or at least I hope. I re-subbed for El-P, and to get that, Blackalicious, and a Mick album I've wanted since it came out is about as perfect a trio of releases, for my taste, as is possible. Noname's Room 25 would be amazing too, if you're going to repeat might as well go back to one of the top 3 RHH albums they've released.

FYI, today is the 20th anniversary of the release of Blackalicious' debut album "Nia" in the U.S.
"Blazing Arrow" is my favorite, but this one is just as good.
View attachment 34757
Listening to this now. This was an era was I was decidedly NOT listening to R&HH. Really missed out. I really liked Blazing Arrow. Nia is really good too, I don't like it as much as Blazing Arrow, but still solid.

Die Lit would be the worst ROTM they’ve done across any tracks.
Are you serious.....?!?!?! 😱😱😱

That album is so intoxicating, stylish and has that late night à la mode aesthetic! The minimal, woozy gets sharp production exudes so much swagger without doing much! 🎯

I love Playboi Carti’s energetic, frigid and stiff delivery! His baby cartoonish vocals paired with the production is seriously unique! 💎

Personally, it would be one of the best R&HH ROTM’s to date if it was selected! 🎳🏆

I know it will never happen but I would love it if they dug up something like Unique's Die Hard album. Something that only like 3 copies of it are in existence but it does exist and nobody really knows about it. Would be better than their typical fair and show some range in the R&HH selection.. but again, we know that's never going to happen.

Trust me, that is NEVER going to happen!

Can you fill in the details? Like I know you guys did the EP but doesn't the Robinson family have masters of it or anything like that? Or is it all long gone?

Unique owns the rights but doesn't have physical possession of any masters so the only source material to master the LP from is the one known test pressing in existence (the whereabouts of the other two has never been established)... everything we've done has been remastered from vinyl sources... I have mp3s of the LP and quite a few other unreleased cuts but I'm not pressing anything from mp3s... to be honest thought most of the tracks you would want have been put out by us across our various Unique releases... some of which are pricier than others admittedly!

More to the point, it's not a release VMP would be interested in, I've tried engaging with them on stocking some more interesting hip-hop releases, at least so there's some decent swaps in the 'bad' months and they seem to have no interest whatsoever in the sort of stuff we do... maybe one day...

Unique owns the rights but doesn't have physical possession of any masters so the only source material to master the LP from is the one known test pressing in existence (the whereabouts of the other two has never been established)... everything we've done has been remastered from vinyl sources... I have mp3s of the LP and quite a few other unreleased cuts but I'm not pressing anything from mp3s... to be honest thought most of the tracks you would want have been put out by us across our various Unique releases... some of which are pricier than others admittedly!

More to the point, it's not a release VMP would be interested in, I've tried engaging with them on stocking some more interesting hip-hop releases, at least so there's some decent swaps in the 'bad' months and they seem to have no interest whatsoever in the sort of stuff we do... maybe one day...

Interesting, thanks for the insight. Weird that VMP wouldn't want to carry those titles but that's probably sample clearance issues, no? I'd probably subscribe if they had some titles you guys put out. You did the Fabreze Brothers album or was that someone else? Definitely need to get my hands on that.

Interesting, thanks for the insight. Weird that VMP wouldn't want to carry those titles but that's probably sample clearance issues, no? I'd probably subscribe if they had some titles you guys put out. You did the Fabreze Brothers album or was that someone else? Definitely need to get my hands on that.

Yeah I suspect sample clearance certainly has something to do with it... it was a friend of ours in the UK who did the Fabreeze, definitely one of the best new releases in recent years, I highly recommend you pick that up... there will be a Jorun PMC LP dropping soon too I believe which should be equally dope... plus you gotta support the homegrown talent ;-)

Yeah I suspect sample clearance certainly has something to do with it... it was a friend of ours in the UK who did the Fabreeze, definitely one of the best new releases in recent years, I highly recommend you pick that up... there will be a Jorun PMC LP dropping soon too I believe which should be equally dope... plus you gotta support the homegrown talent ;-)

Yeah, I'm always down to support Phill and Jorun. Any idea when that album drops? I need to start selling some shit so I can afford these.. someone else linked me to all sorts of crazy releases yesterday (same dude who put me up on Fabreze) so all in due time. You should post them here, I know it's not for everyone but I definitely think you'll find some fans of that stuff.

I really want Playboi Carti’s Die Lit! 😩😩😩

It’s such a masterpiece! 💎💎💎

It’s such an underground, invite-only, New-York fashion after-party with futuristic, pretentious, oriental, minimal vibes kinda album! 🍸

Need this attractive, forever young, edgy, too cool for school album on vinyl soooo badly 🙈🙋‍♂️😩
tenor (4).gif

It’s such an underground, invite-only, New-York fashion after-party with futuristic, pretentious, oriental, minimal vibes
tenor.gif

Back