Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Hmmmmmm! Any idea yet as to which album?
The slugfest album thing was from the description of El-P's album that was just posted, so I doubt it has anything to do with March's album being an Atmosphere album. See below.

DESCRIPTION
Trudging through the cityscape, dragging from a cigarette, contemplating everything. It’s another day in New York City, and no one will turn when they hear you scream. The voices in your head refuse to ceasefire. This is where El-P calls home, and where I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead renders the darkest thoughts in living color. It’s a slugfest album with enough density to find beauty in the meat grinder, and enough heart to turn any man’s sleeve scarlet. It’s a late late-aughts record that charges into every facet of impending doom, sparing no detail from the near-future as we rejoice in the name of every day the world manages not to kill us, too. This is hip-hop of the flesh, the brimstone; El walks us down every winding corner, daring us to find love on a prison ship and ask God for another favor.

Its extremely annoying 🥺
It’s not “extremely” annoying...?!?! 🤥😵

Alternative album art can be cool! I also generally prefer the original album art of course, but, I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead’s original album art is nothing special, iconic, attention grabbing etc

It’s boring like the album art for GZA’s Pro Tools...

It’s not “extremely” annoying...?!?! 🤥😵

Alternative album art can be cool! I also generally prefer the original album art of course, but, I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead’s original album art is nothing special, iconic, attention grabbing etc

It’s boring like the album art for GZA’s Pro Tools...
It's not really even alternative cover art. The logo is just a little smaller and foil pressed instead of the bright sun burst that hid most of the logo anyways. I agree with you fully.

i kinda like the new art

i like that it kinda shows how definitive the original artwork is by just showing it to you untouched and saying "here is ISWYD"

also there is no change to the tracklisting it seems

but looking at the lengths of the sides i dunno how big the problem is

SIDE 1: 14:08
SIDE 2: 15:05
SIDE 3: 13:11
SIDE 4: 12:43

would any of these be harmed at 45 RPM

i kinda like the new art

i like that it kinda shows how definitive the original artwork is by just showing it to you untouched and saying "here is ISWYD"

also there is no change to the tracklisting it seems

but looking at the lengths of the sides i dunno how big the problem is

SIDE 1: 14:08
SIDE 2: 15:05
SIDE 3: 13:11
SIDE 4: 12:43

would any of these be harmed at 45 RPM
Those times are all perfect, it's around 16-17 minutes max you can put onto one side of a 45RPM!

I'm very happy this release is 45RPM! The colour variant looks great and I love the new album art too!

So I played myself. I played myself real good.

I heard the essentials and r&hh and was like "Okay, what could possibly go wrong." I log onto my account at around 4 pm and hey, I see The Roots album on the Record of the Month page and I was like "cool." Sign up and get my pair of VMP hand cuffs and sub for 3 months.

I immediately get charged. "Hmmm thats strange, don't they charge the first of the month?" I ask myself in what I can assume is surprise. But should I really be surprised with VMP?

"Oh my re-up date is on the first of April?" I question myself all flabbergasted. "Shouldn't it be the first of May". I tell myself i'm wrong. "How could their new system that they implemented at a perfect time be wrong?"

Then I check if I can get the El-P album but its not letting me. Odd, but maybe its nothing I'm being silly. All I see is this.
Screenshot_20200127-170118_Chrome.jpg

Something not looking right their?

Meh its nothing.

I go to work, don't think about it. Get home and hey El-P is available. Sub to it and wait whats this?

Screenshot_20200127-201055_Chrome.jpg

So....I think I am getting Phrenology twice. I have one already in my order page.

I don't know whats happening. I hope i'm wrong and can get CS to do something. But they never respond so who the hell knows.

I heard the essentials and r&hh and was like "Okay, what could possibly go wrong." I log onto my account at around 4 pm and hey, I see The Roots album on the Record of the Month page and I was like "cool." Sign up and get my pair of VMP hand cuffs and sub for 3 months.

I immediately get charged. "Hmmm thats strange, don't they charge the first of the month?" I ask myself in what I can assume is surprise. But should I really be surprised with VMP?

"Oh my re-up date is on the first of April?" I question myself all flabbergasted. "Shouldn't it be the first of May". I tell myself i'm wrong. "How could their new system that they implemented at a perfect time be wrong?"

Then I check if I can get the El-P album but its not letting me. Odd, but maybe its nothing I'm being silly. All I see is this.
View attachment 30658

Meh its nothing.

I go to work, don't think about it. Get home and hey El-P is available. Sub to it and wait whats this?

View attachment 30659

So....I think I am getting Phrenology twice. I have one already in my order page.

I don't know whats happening. I hope i'm wrong and can get CS to do something. But they never respond so who the hell knows.
If you end up with double hit me up and I may purchase it off ya.

View attachment 30658

Meh its nothing.

View attachment 30659

doesn't the reup date still say april...

if not i think this is just a glitch... they weren't completely updated yet or something

View attachment 30658

Meh its nothing.

View attachment 30659

I'm in the same boat and didn't really think about it being an issue. But, you're right, it seems weird that I can still swap, yet I have a Phrenology on my order page. Re-up date concerning as well. Let me know if you hear anything from CS.

Last edited:
Those times are all perfect, it's around 16-17 minutes max you can put onto one side of a 45RPM!

I'm very happy this release is 45RPM! The colour variant looks great and I love the new album art too!
i actually had to use a clock calculator to make sure i got the lengths of the songs and sides as EXACT as i could

the fact that this is 45 RPM will make reissue sound great and sure its Gz like usual but the most i have had with Gz is some static and that can be cleaned up in the spin clean so i expect a decent pressing

i actually had to use a clock calculator to make sure i got the lengths of the songs and sides as EXACT as i could

the fact that this is 45 RPM will make reissue sound great and sure its Gz like usual but the most i have had with Gz is some static and that can be cleaned up in the spin clean so i expect a decent pressing
I’m sure it will sound amazing! The R&HH releases recently have all sounded great! And the fact that this will be 45RPM is a bonus!

Are you also picking up The Roots’ Phrenology? What are the other two albums you chose for the February ROTM’s?

Anyone able to cop that Phrenology for me? Never saw it, and it’s sold out.
Are you sure? Are you talking about the store page or join/swap. It looks like I can still swap for it (even though I already have it selected for essentials).
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying you don't want to join for three months to get it?

Back