Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Where would EL-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead land on the Nathan OMG WOW scale?

And is that OMG WOW factor diminished if there's a standard black version 6 months later?

The standard version will be available everywhere at the same time as El-P announced it's working like that. I mean, I generally think VMP RHH has been weak but this is a stellar pick. I remember when this came out, I convinced a writer from New York magazine to buy it.

Where would EL-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead land on the Nathan OMG WOW scale?

And is that OMG WOW factor diminished if there's a standard black version 6 months later?
I’m very happy with EL-P’s I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead! 💀

But this ROTM feels like a store exclusive, in the same vein as Cornelius’ Point and David Gray’s White Ladder! (albums receiving their first reissue). If an Electronic ROTM track existed, than I’m sure Cornelius would be an Electronic ROTM! You know what I mean?

In saying that, it is extremely good value to receive an exclusive coloured pressing of I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead for only $23 (as an add-on track)! 👍

Overall, I would say the WOW factor is pretty strong, maybe on the same level as Method Man’s Tical! The ‘WOW’ factor isn’t as high as Juvenile, OutKast, Handsome Boy Modelling School or Lil’ Wayne however! 💡

I am very happy with the pick though because I wouldn’t pay international shipping probably to get this EL-P album! 💰

phrenology looks to be brown with maybe a bit of a black marble? can't really tell the image is so small

View attachment 28599

Wow, this is actually a Roots record I don't own and want.. too bad VMP ain't getting my money.. If anyone wants to grab me one for trade or just ot ship to Canada, please let me know!

Hey there friend... I think there might be a deal to be had here yes? Cough cough Pinata cough cough Alex Goose cough...

Yes, I almost tagged you in the post but I wasn't sure where you're at with them...I was under the impression you may have cancelled and were just waiting on outstanding records.. but we can definitely talk about that.

Yes, I almost tagged you in the post but I wasn't sure where you're at with them...I was under the impression you may have cancelled and were just waiting on outstanding records.. but we can definitely talk about that.
It's my final month. Until I get weak and they bring out something else that I want in three months time.

i like el-P's i'll sleep when you're dead

the problem is its very... fast with its raps and i feel like i dont understand or want to absorb anything

Finally spinning Run DMC. This sounds great and I love the color. As someone who got my first introduction to the world of rap through the video for Walk This Way, this album is up there with It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back in my pantheon of rap albums that opened me up to a much larger world.

Finally spinning Run DMC. This sounds great and I love the color. As someone who got my first introduction to the world of rap through the video for Walk This Way, this album is up there with It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back in my pantheon of rap albums that opened me up to a much larger world.
I agree, it sounds great. But is side A off centre?

Back