Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I think I read here someone had a theory that the El-P reissue May lead right into RTJ4. Seems like a very good possibility...

I had made that suggestion. Now here's hoping the RTJ4 vinyl gets a VMP exclusive pressing! So excited for RTJ4 regardless. I've heard pre Coachella for release since they are performing before RATM.

El-P is reissuing some albums. VMP is gonna have "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" as their R&HH pick in February. Maybe some store exclusives too?

I have listened to this and "Cancer 4 Cure" and boy, they are some good albums.
...AND since Run The Jewel 4 👊👈 should be dropping soon they may put up an exclusive pre-order for that also.

El-P is reissuing some albums. VMP is gonna have "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" as their R&HH pick in February. Maybe some store exclusives too?

Man, Fantastic Damage may be the best of his solo records and you didn't even mention it???

Oh okay yes, I knew that about ISWYD, wasn't sure about exclusives. The way you guys were talking I thought something had been confirmed or released. Has there been any word as to whether CoFlo is included in this reissue campaign? I haven't seen it mentioned...

Oh okay yes, I knew that about ISWYD, wasn't sure about exclusives. The way you guys were talking I thought something had been confirmed or released. Has there been any word as to whether CoFlo is included in this reissue campaign? I haven't seen it mentioned...

I don't think it is and I firmly believe it has to do with Juss, El and Len figuring it out. He talked about the Def Jux catalog which I don't think ever had Co Flow (although while I type that out I think I remember them reissuing Funcrusher Plus maybe?)

I don't think it is and I firmly believe it has to do with Juss, El and Len figuring it out. He talked about the Def Jux catalog which I don't think ever had Co Flow (although while I type that out I think I remember them reissuing Funcrusher Plus maybe?)
Yeah they did in 2009. But you're right that could still be a different rights issue...

Haven't listened to it. Will put it on my phone later today.

Was also listening to Cannibal Ox, El-P produces it and it would be cool if they did a color variant of the Cold Vein.

iHipHop did a 4LP white pressing of Cold Vein complete with instrumentals. Demolished the value of my originals.

But seriously, Fan Damage is so good, so very very very good. It's a much rawer El-P who raps about rather being mouthfucked by nazis and the like.. so it's not as meme friendly as his RTJ persona would have you believe.. but honestly, top to bottom, I don't think there's a non-amazing track on the record.

Personal highlights:
Lazerfaces Warning
Stepfather Factory
TOJ
Deep Space 9MM
Dead Disnee

iHipHop did a 4LP white pressing of Cold Vein complete with instrumentals. Demolished the value of my originals.

But seriously, Fan Damage is so good, so very very very good. It's a much rawer El-P who raps about rather being mouthfucked by nazis and the like.. so it's not as meme friendly as his RTJ persona would have you believe.. but honestly, top to bottom, I don't think there's a non-amazing track on the record.

Personal highlights:
Lazerfaces Warning
Stepfather Factory
TOJ
Deep Space 9MM
Dead Disnee

Yeah @Clint Howard I gotta agree, I hadn't really listened to any of his solo stuff, and I don't really follow RTJ but after listening through C4C, ISWYD and Fantastic Damage I REALLY like Fantastic Damage, don't care too much for the other two...

EDIT- But I see that this one is a 3 LP, so that's a pretty big strike against VMP doing it. Have they ever done any 3 LPs?

Last edited:
Yeah @Clint Howard I gotta agree, I hadn't really listened to any of his solo stuff, and I don't really follow RTJ but after listening through C4C, ISWYD and Fantastic Damage I REALLY like Fantastic Damage, don't care too much for the other two...

EDIT- But I see that this one is a 3 LP, so that's a pretty big strike against VMP doing it. Have they ever done any 3 LPs?
I really like Fantastic Damage and I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead, but I just can’t get into Cancer 4 Cure! The production sounds so dated to me and I can’t really put my finger on it, but there’s some kind of ugly artificial/forced feel sound to the album I don’t like.....

I don’t like El-P’s Cancer 4 Cure but I absolutely love Killer Mike’s R.A.P. Music!

UGK “Underground Kingz” was 3lp

I stumbled upon the names Aesop Rock and Cannibal Ox while browsing records on an early 00's auction site called Skylab ( or something like that). I was mostly buying dumb hardcore records and also a lot of what is now called skramz for some fucking reason. Anyway, I searched Aesop Rock and Cannibal Ox on a site called AudioGalaxy ( I think) and downloaded a few songs from each as well as someone named El-P whose name I had seen in search results for the other two. Iron Galaxy, Accidents Don't Happen, Constellation Funk, and Basic Cable all blew my mind. I took a deep dive into backpack mode

I stumbled upon the names Aesop Rock and Cannibal Ox while browsing records on an early 00's auction site called Skylab ( or something like that). I was mostly buying dumb hardcore records and also a lot of what is now called skramz for some fucking reason. Anyway, I searched Aesop Rock and Cannibal Ox on a site called AudioGalaxy ( I think) and downloaded a few songs from each as well as someone named El-P whose name I had seen in search results for the other two. Iron Galaxy, Accidents Don't Happen, Constellation Funk, and Basic Cable all blew my mind. I took a deep dive into backpack mode

For those that may remember the early mp3 days, my friend, who is now a musician signed to a major label is the person who ripped Music For Earthworms and put it up on the innernets

I bought soooooo many CDs of stuff I discovered on Audiogalaxy. Definitely the mp3 downloading service that most affected my tastes.

Back