Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I think whoever said it on Reddit is right and the second number is just how many years (in weeks) it took to reach those numbers. Wikipedia says that in 2002 (3*52=156) it had sold 100,000 and RIAA says Funkdafied went platinum in 1995 (1*52=52).

Edit:
So, based on the edited clue. 156 weeks = 3 years and based off the wiki it took until 2002 to hit 100k and The Soft Bulletin was released in 1999. Da Brat was a 1M seller in 1 year so I think we can call this one...

Essentials = The Soft Bulletin

R&HH = Funkdafied

Lol, should have read the other thread first.

Last edited:
How about an MC Lyte exclusive to go along with that Da Brat just because I need VMP to do some MC Lyte.

I would be very on board with this!

I would also love an Isis (aka - Lin Que) exclusive, particularly the 1990 album Rebel Soul.
For the record, I couldn't remember the name of the music video that I used to see on Yo MTV Raps back in '91 and it took me forever to locate. Might I recommend NOT Googling "Isis video" or "Isis music video" because... well... just don't.

I would be very on board with this!

I would also love an Isis (aka - Lin Que) exclusive, particularly the 1990 album Rebel Soul.
For the record, I couldn't remember the name of the music video that I used to see on Yo MTV Raps back in '91 and it took me forever to locate. Might I recommend NOT Googling "Isis video" or "Isis music video" because... well... just don't.
Reminds me of the story of the guy who got the name of his favorite metal band tattooed on him. That "Isis" tattoo did NOT age well

Back