Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I know I'm one of approximately three people who give a shit about this, but the Roots stencil this month is TERRIBLE. The punchouts-within-punchouts makes it's basically impossible to use! It's been an issue amongst a lot of the RHH stencils but my god is this one especially egregious
Just curious, how do y’all use these stencils? I didn’t realize people utilized them much. Always been throwaways for me

Just curious, how do y’all use these stencils? I didn’t realize people utilized them much. Always been throwaways for me
I use them for t-shirts a lot. Blank gray t-shirt from Joann’s + fabric paint + stencil = easy and cheap hip-hop tees. I posted some pics a while ago on the old forum but don’t think I’ve posted any on N&G, I’ll post some pics when I find em! It’s fun and really easy, except for when you have to deal with those pesky punchouts-in-punchouts

I use them for t-shirts a lot. Blank gray t-shirt from Joann’s + fabric paint + stencil = easy and cheap hip-hop tees. I posted some pics a while ago on the old forum but don’t think I’ve posted any on N&G, I’ll post some pics when I find em! It’s fun and really easy, except for when you have to deal with those pesky punchouts-in-punchouts
Oh wow, that’s an awesome way to use them! Good on ya. Would love to see em!

Oh wow, that’s an awesome way to use them! Good on ya. Would love to see em!
Somebody else posted something really cool in here not so long ago (my memory is awful) but I'm sure it was a vinyl storage box 🤔 with all the stencils utilised over it in different spray paint. Was pretty cool

Edit: it was @Hazbro666 🔥

Last edited:
Somebody else posted something really cool in here not so long ago (my memory is awful) but I'm sure it was a vinyl storage box 🤔 with all the stencils utilised over it in different spray paint. Was pretty cool
Yeah, I remember that! That was so cool! I really liked that. Like there was so much going on, but in a good way. Like it looked really original and playful and inviting yet edgy and nostalgic! I loved that vinyl storage box so much!!!!!

Yeah, I remember that! That was so cool! I really liked that. Like there was so much going on, but in a good way. Like it looked really original and playful and inviting yet edgy and nostalgic! I loved that vinyl storage box so much!!!!!
Absolutely brilliant. Think I will use my stencils in this kinda creative way eventually. If my music room ever gets up & running could maybe incorporate it there

Absolutely brilliant. Think I will use my stencils in this kinda creative way eventually. If my music room ever gets up & running could maybe incorporate it there
I threw all of mine in the bin. But still I really liked some of the stencils. You can definitely incorporate them into your room. I’m sure it’ll look awesome! 👌

I threw all of mine in the bin. But still I really liked some of the stencils. You can definitely incorporate them into your room. I’m sure it’ll look awesome! 👌
But I throw so much in the bin. Like I throw all the inner sleeves, even if they are printed in the bin (and posters and download cards) because I want my vinyl to be housed in high-quality protective inner sleeves. And I want just one inner sleeve in the jacket, not an excess printed sleeve or posters etc in there. I have done cool things with the inner sleeve before though!

I did this with the Gorillaz’ Demon Days printed inner sleeves:

75BF8638-2DEC-457B-A5EA-9D7968A19124.jpeg

But I throw so much in the bin. Like I throw all the inner sleeves, even if they are printed in the bin (and posters and download cards) because I want my vinyl to be housed in high-quality protective inner sleeves. And I want just one inner sleeve in the jacket, not an excess printed sleeve or posters etc in there. I have done cool things with the inner sleeve before though!

View attachment 17149

Tyler and The Gorrilaz stare down!!!!

Tyler and The Gorrilaz stare down!!!!
But realistically behind Tyler’s glasses, he’s staring with his eyes wide open at Madvillain because he’s the ultimate king. He’s just intimidated by him. Like even some of the Gorillaz characters are scared of him with those side eyes they are giving him. And the guy from injury reserve is shitting his pants because of how scary and amazing Madvillain The Knight is 😂😂😂

And I love it because Madvillain is like my strong guardian while I sleep in bed 🤗♥️😙

I almost threw them in the bin at first and the obi strips. They were and still do kinda annoy me but I got all sentimental about it and thought it's part of the whole package and I am being disrespectful to someones minimal effort to include it so I kept everything as it was packaged 😂😂😂 I get more sentimental about material things than I do ppl strange that 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

I have a fake brick wall in my basement ( it's basically one wall with textured brick panels) I've been debating using the stencils on it It could look really cool or end up atrocious and I'll have replace. I wont attempt to do it until I get the Biggie stencil though

View attachment 17149

Do you already have your IGOR vinyl?

View attachment 17149

Are those actual albums hung up on the wall or just posters?

Back