Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I'm really enjoying Hud Dreams. Nice album to throw on and have in the background while working. Is this how Special Herbs from MF Doom is?
Sort of, I think Hud Dreems flows better from one song to the next but Special Herbs are pretty similar. You’re just not gonna get one song slamming into the next if that makes sense. Special Herbs has more pause between tracks.

Disclaimer: I’ve only heard 3-4 of them so can’t speak for all of the Volumes.

Someone on Reddit confirmed it’s The Roots by using that link trick, not sure how to do it though.

Hmmm, Hud Dreems pops up for me...so it’s not The Roots?

Someone on Reddit confirmed it’s The Roots by using that link trick, not sure how to do it though.
you have to take the record link and change the vol number and put dashes in between each word of the title. so for this one it would be:

using: /rap/vol-25-the-roots-how-i-got-over

Essentials also works, you have to dashes between each letter of UFO though:

using: essentials/vol-81-jim-sullivan-u-f-o

I'm still trying to get the classics link working atm

if it's correct the link will take you to the last ROTM for that track so The Roots -> Knxwledge, Jim Sullivan-> Sleater-Kinney, etc.

if it's wrong you get taken to the store

Last edited:
i think if it wasnt the roots the page would return an error?
no. If the link is wrong it takes you to the store, where if it's right it redirects you to the last ROTM for that respective track, so the fact that jim sullivan as the link redirects me to sleater kinney means I'm right, and the fact that the roots redirect to Knxwledge means it's also correct

no. If the link is wrong it takes you to the store, where if it's right it redirects you to the last ROTM for that respective track, so the fact that jim sullivan as the link redirects me to sleater kinney means I'm right, and the fact that the roots redirect to Knxwledge means it's also correct
Got classics working:

using: classics/vol-28-art-blakey-the-jazz-messengers-the-freedom-rider

what is the track list to this lol

what is the track list to this lol
I don't even see the point to making the tracklist "some of our favorite artist releases from the year." Why not have FADER curate a playlist of favorite tracks from the 20 years they have been active? What's special about 2019 when we aren't even done with it?

Back