Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Even if Kurt didn’t ghost write it (and really it is a leap in quality and suspiciously Cobainesque) - it came from that experience with him.
Fair enough. Although Violet was apparently about Billy Corgan.

So maybe Live Through This as it was wouldn't have been...but would Hole have broken though regardless if that connection didn't exist?

That’s probably the piece I’m missing here. I think Screaming Trees was probably the last band that made me daydream of being in a band. I hadn’t thought about that aspect because I missed out on it. I was transitioning to work life and leaving carefree adolescence behind. I always saw Green Day as a child of Nirvana. I never really thought about the fact that those five years could make that big of a difference in the scope of a band.

Yeah that’s kind of what I was getting at in the other thread more than popularity. In my location and in my generation I’d say more new bands started from Oasis than anyone else and it wouldn’t be that close. It would be exponentially more than even the critically lauded likes of Radiohead, Spiritualized etc who also would have had relatively high degree popularity. But as we know they were never possessed with originality and got increasingly more derivative as they went on. But that first album and the singles of the second were a real call to arms.

Last edited:
I might check out the MOV then but also wouldn’t be opposed to a 2LP tricky reissue. Surprised nobody has done it yet. I think everything has been 1LP
I'm not sure what's up with his catalogue but Pre Millennium Tension has only ever been pressed once as far as I know. So there's a few that are long overdue for a repress.

I'm not sure what's up with his catalogue but Pre Millennium Tension has only ever been pressed once as far as I know. So there's a few that are long overdue for a repress.
Yup, PMT definitely needs one.

Knowle West Boy definitely could use some love too...just an all round mediocre pressing. Wife made me pick this one up after hearing it in a record store and after the wizardry that was Maxinquaye it was a super disappointing pressing.

Yup, PMT definitely needs one.

Knowle West Boy definitely could use some love too...just an all round mediocre pressing. Wife made me pick this one up after hearing it in a record store and after the wizardry that was Maxinquaye it was a super disappointing pressing.
Yeah I tempered my disappointment with those two by going out and getting the only pressing of his "Nearly God" release with Martina Topley-Bird. It's actually pretty well mastered and pressed.

Thoughts on the VMP pressing of Veckatimest?

Really got into the album recently and wondering which version I should go for. Discogs has some mixed reviews on this one. Wondering if I should go for the VMP pressing or grab a different copy.

Really got into the album recently and wondering which version I should go for. Discogs has some mixed reviews on this one. Wondering if I should go for the VMP pressing or grab a different copy.
Both my copies had some GZ noise here and there. Still a good master, but your tolerance for a perfectly silent pressing should be tempered.

If you grab it, don’t pay full price. They’ve been discounting it frequently.

I like my copy but don’t have anything to compare it to. No issues.

I just swapped for Buck Owens and His Buckaroos. You guys what's happening to me? Twangy guitars AND a posse of Buckaroos? I'm scared.

If one of you catches me wearing a pair of spangly cowboy boots I'm gunna need you to put me down.

I imagine nobody would bat an eye in Toronto if you pranced around like that. But if you travel to Montreal, it's not flashy enough. Get the Nudie suit in that case.

The next time we meet for a beer, you better be wearing a Nudie Suit
Around 99/2000 I ALMOST bought a pair of spangly cowboy boots from this old school cowpoke store in Toronto called Bootmaster. And every once in a while I still walk in there and consider a complete wardrobe makeover. I mean look at this stuff.
IMG_4794_1400x.jpg

IMG_5144_800x.jpg
NIGHTMather REALLY wants me to do it.

Last edited:
Back