Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah! I used to see them regularly enough back when I started collecting in 2013 but haven’t for a long time now. Sadly I had other more basic collection building wants all that long time ago!

Omg I was reading the reviews for this, and I lol'd at this comment
108E6FC7-6824-4436-9517-902CD85DF4FF.jpeg

They’re serious apparently, they commented on the Plain Records pressing and they said anyone complaining needs to listen to it on something other than a Crosley. 🤦🏼‍♂️
The amount of know nothing loud mouthed jackasses on Discogs has freaking skyrocketed in the past two years. Used to just be me and that Ultimate Warrior guy, now EEEVERYONE thinks they're one...

It makes me laugh that he reposts them word for word pretty much straight after and cogs do nothing. It’s just a random Groundhog Day scenario.
Well the thing is... I just wait like, weeks to delete them. So it has to go back and check like every day to make sure they're still there, and then it also has to save all of them somewhere so it can re ad them word for word if they do happen to be gone. And the more crap it spouts, the more crap it's gunna have to save and check on every day. Meanwhile every couple weeks I make waffles and go Discogs dipshit hunting. It's delectable.

With all due respect, there are levels to this game. Ultimate Warrior guy is a legend.
Are you trying to tell me that my 10 or so reviews over the past 5 years that mostly consist of me screaming "GZ BAD" over and over again in some way pales in comparison to Ultimate Warrior guy and his Mam's 400 or so reviews over the past 22 years?

Are you trying to tell me that my 10 or so reviews over the past 5 years that mostly consist of me screaming "GZ BAD" over and over again in some way pales in comparison to Ultimate Warrior guy and his Mam's 400 or so reviews over the past 22 years?
There could be the second coming of Jesus Christ, in which he resurrects solely to start a Discogs review account and he'd still have some catching up to do.

I love UW guy reviews. I don't seek them out. I like the thrill when they're just there on a page for a pressing I'm looking at.

I have DM'd them in the past to join us here to no avail. Like, they don't even reply to my DM. Classic UW guy!

There could be the second coming of Jesus Christ, in which he resurrects solely to start a Discogs review account and he'd still have some catching up to do.

I love UW guy reviews. I don't seek them out. I like the thrill when they're just there on a page for a pressing I'm looking at.

I have DM'd them in the past to join us here to no avail. Like, they don't even reply to my DM. Classic UW guy!
Classic UW guy!

Leave his poor long suffering Mam out of it. She’s too busy doing all his laundry making Turkey Twizzlers for his tea. And what thanks does she get? None, none at all!

Since I have the go ahead:
Umm...I'd call them Garbage, but there was another totally meh 90s band that co-opted that moniker.

So, I'll just say VMP doing a Live Through This reissue would be completely ON BRAND for VMP Essentials: passing over a plethora of deserving releases in favor of something...else.

IF they are going to repress Live Through This, the might as well add these to the list:

Collective Soul - Hints Allegations and the rest of that bullshit album
Third-Eye Blind - S/T with the song that Semi-turns me into the dude in Jumper
Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Vomit
Limp Bizkit - Not Even worth a 3 Dollar Bill Y'All
Van Halen - III Singers Too Many
Ace of Base - The Sign that signaled "alternative" music had been co-opted by the money counters
Eric Clapton - Unplugged because we can't stand him plugged in and at full volume
Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You needs to explain why you helped popularize this dreck

In case its not clear - I have unresolved 90s music opinions.

While I'm here, can some one explain how Boards of Canada and Two of Janet Jackson's albums charted higher than NIN - The Downward Spiral on that P4k 90s list?No disrespect to BOC or Ms. Jackson (cause I'm being nasty), but The Downward Spiral at 40 with Live through this at 8? I just cant take a list like that seriously.

Ok - rant over.
I don’t hate this take. I think I like Hole more than you do but I find this take almost reasonable.

I wouldn't go that far, but Hole, and particularly Live Through This WAS important in the same way that Weezer's Blue album or Green Day's Dookie was to me. Didn't revolutionize music or anything, but they were definitely big shapers of my musical identity.
Cobain could write one hell of a tune. The dude was talented.

The Blue Album was important because it took that 60s Beach Boys sound/nostalgia, poured the Distortion/Fuzz/90's Disaffection on top of it and spit out something unique when you consider its contemporary albums (Downward Spiral; Superunknown; Mellow Gold; Purple, etc.)
The Blue Album is important to me because it was my gateway to Pavement. I love the first two Weezer albums but if I were 22 instead of 12 in 1993 I don’t think I would find them quite as important.

Back