Vinyl Me Please Essentials

So this Mars Volta record is cursed right? Side B is a MESS, again!! Why even bother doing a re-press if you're still getting it wrong!? All the anticipation and excitement I had for this record has been completely drained and now I don't care to ever listen to it even if they somehow managed to get a clean copy to me....fuck!!! I'VE LEARNED NOTHING!!

So this Mars Volta record is cursed right? Side B is a MESS, again!! Why even bother doing a re-press if you're still getting it wrong!? All the anticipation and excitement I had for this record has been completely drained and now I don't care to ever listen to it even if they somehow managed to get a clean copy to me....fuck!!! I'VE LEARNED NOTHING!!
There just seems to be zero steps in between GZ pressing a record and VMP sending it out. You'd think after all the issues VMP would do a THOROUGH play test on various setups with at least a handful of copies to make sure that they're not sending out another shitty noise filled album but at this point they're basically daring you to take your money elsewhere.

Like what are you going to do, buy that $92 version that @Mather found at Sonic Boom?

EDIT: Alternative theory is that they are play testing them, but using the same setups that 90% of reddit users are using when they describe each album as perfect despite noticeable flaws everywhere else.

This thread reads like a support group for people who can’t get over their ex. Just make a clean break, they don’t deserve you! 😂

I can't argue this!

My flawed logic was that VMP had the best price for the Mars Volta record, hip hop records are always pricy in Canada so they were on par with the Outkast 25th anniversary and a double LP pressing of Fear of a Black Planet and Wu Tang would be icing on the cake.... Then they completely fucked it all up!!!

In my on again off again membership with VMP I really haven't had many if any issues before this so again rolling the dice seemed like a good idea... I clearly have a problem! I'm trying to fix this by spending money locally and not chasing pretty colours...

Hell, at this point I can just hang around here and try to buy a flawed, but good enough/best we can do, copy of any record of the month going forward!!

I need a drink!!!

This thread reads like a support group for people who can’t get over their ex. Just make a clean break, they don’t deserve you! 😂

Yeah, but like that Ex, when VMP comes by at 2am after you had a couple too many, offering something you desire, you forget all the bad things. It's only in the morning that you remember you're going to need to go to the pharmacy for a dose of penicillin / contact CS for a non-warped copy.

So I got my 2nd copy (replacement) of the repress of deloused yesterday. I did a complete playthrough last night. To my shock and surprise I do not have any right or left channel distortion like I had on the previous 4 copies. Sides A and D did have some surface noise and a few rice crispy pops here and there. I'll give it a clean and a second spin and see if that improves.

Given the struggle its been on this title I am going to call it quits and say its at least an acceptable player.

So I got my 2nd copy (replacement) of the repress of deloused yesterday. I did a complete playthrough last night. To my shock and surprise I do not have any right or left channel distortion like I had on the previous 4 copies. Sides A and D did have some surface noise and a few rice crispy pops here and there. I'll give it a clean and a second spin and see if that improves.

Given the struggle its been on this title I am going to call it quits and say its at least an acceptable player.
My second copy arrives today, let's see if we can improve on "the scratch seen from space" that's augered across my first one...

My second replacement Deloused showed up today and Side B sucks. This time it's a loud popping. 0 for 8. We're going to see if they can make it 2 for 10. These are finding new ways to be terrible each time. All the first press have static sound, one new one has loud whooshing, and one has loud popping. Is it so hard? My $19 copy of Foo Fighter Colour and the Shape is quiet, flat, sounds great.

Well suck me dry and call me Dusty, this 28th copy of De'loused does not have any run in noise.
This is a feeling I've not had in a long time, a very long time... I'm... happy?
It use to be ironic that Replace Me Please made collecting vinyl painful, but now it's just ironic that we think it's normal.

Last edited:
Wait, was it known that Meters would be AAA pressed at GZ? I figured the GZ thing would be a given, but AAA? Hope they don't mess this up.

Yeah, they revealed that it was AAA back when announced the titles for the final quarter of 2021. GZ so you know at least a healthy fraction of the run will have some defects or surface noise.

Yeah, they revealed that it was AAA back when announced the titles for the final quarter of 2021. GZ so you know at least a healthy fraction of the run will have some defects or surface noise.
yea AAA is often negated by GZ for me lately...ended up cancelling my membership this month.

I contacted CS about having basically the same right channel noise on my 3rd copy of De-Loused, the one from the re-pressing, and they are offering to send a 4th copy or store credit, which is nice to have the option since I was already refunded. I want a noise-free LP more than I want store credit, but it seems like if I choose the former odds are I will be disappointed again.

Is there anyone here who had this noise on round 1 and round 2 presses and then eventually got a good copy via replacement? If so how many copies did you go through before getting a clean one?

I contacted CS about having basically the same right channel noise on my 3rd copy of De-Loused, the one from the re-pressing, and they are offering to send a 4th copy or store credit, which is nice to have the option since I was already refunded. I want a noise-free LP more than I want store credit, but it seems like if I choose the former odds are I will be disappointed again.

Is there anyone here who had this noise on round 1 and round 2 presses and then eventually got a good copy via replacement? If so how many copies did you go through before getting a clean one?

I think I went through 3 then 1 more after the repress. The last one I got didnt have the noise.

I've gotten 10 total (2 after the repress). Neither of the repress ones were quiet. Noise on one, popping on the other that turned out to be a deep scratch. I'll report when I get the next 2. If they aren't quiet, I give up.

Back