Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I used to submit requests for them to do things I thought needed a repress like The KRS-ONE album or the first two solo Rakim albums. Now I hope they do a career retrospective of Vanilla Ice until they figure this shit out so I'm not tempted.

Clearly, they didn’t raise their prices high enough since they still gotta buncha whiners complaining all the time and asking for replacements, haha. I really hope someone on Reddit can gaslight them into raising their prices again to resolve these issues.
What an ignorant take.

My 2nd replacement copies of PE and Wu still had the shit (PE: sides A/B, Wu: all 4) so I emailed CS w/ audio samples & asked for refunds, and lo and behold--within 45mins. I was refunded for both.:eek: I should probably go buy a scratch-off ticket or something b/c I totally expected having to argue back/forth over multiple chats & emails to get them to even consider that as an option.

What an ignorant take.
Haha, agreed. Sorry if it wasn’t clear that that was a joke. I was referring to the comments that were made last year when they hiked the prices - they basically said that they had too many customers that complained too much and wanted too many replacements so they were raising prices to get rid of a significant chunk of their customer base and give their CS team a break.

Yeah this is what I was referring to from last year (mid-august, when they announced the price hike). It's just wild to me that, a year ago, before Mars Volta, Wu-Tang, and whatever other major issues they've had recently, they thought they had too many customer service issues and raising prices to "cause less active memberships" [lol - you can tell he's trying to be so careful with his words right there] would take care of that. It's obviously not worked out that way for them, but I would not at all be surprised if they decided to just dig in and raise prices even higher to "cause less active memberships" hahah.

Here is the customer service email someone cited on reddit

"That’s actually what VMP told me directly in an email.

“I'm speaking personally, but I think everyone expects this to cause less active memberships which would provide more care/attention and promptness to the fulfillment side of things. And obviously with less active members, our customer support will be much faster and be able to go that extra mile for customer satisfaction.

Tyler Customer Support Agent VMP”"

He is not confirming much as to the motives for the price hike just states that they are expecting less memberships, which is pretty obvious. I think his point is more from the perspective of a CS worker who hopes that fewer members will make their job easier. I would not read too much more into that.

Sonic, so probably $90 at Rotate or Kops. And the first review on the pressing is that it was massively off center.
Yeesh. Yeah, Sonic Boom is consistently priced higher than anywhere else. I'd keep checking high road or encore if you can bundle enough for the free shipping.

EDIT: Not sure if encore has free shipping, but it's my local so I usually pick it up. High road does have free shipping over a certain amount and it's in Sudbury so no way you can pick it up.

Also, I think Sonic's used record policy is usually "Someone once paid $200 for this on discogs therefore that's what we're going to sell it for".

Back