Vinyl Me Please Essentials

So it only took lie 6 copies of MV including 2 of the new repress before I got one without that noise in the right channel. This one still has a little surface noise when I crank it because of the colored vinyl probably , but at least it's bearable this time and not that awful loud right channel crackle.

Last edited:
So it only took lie 6 copies of MV including 2 of the new repress before I got one without that noise in the right channel. This one still has a little surface noise when I crank it because of the colored vinyl probably , but at least it's bearable this time and not that awful loud right channel crackle.
Holy Crap - 0 for 7. This one has a light swooshing on A of Deloused and B is even more pronounced swooshing for a split second at the same place on the record - it's awful. They get one more chance. They are shipping me my 8th separately because they forgot that I bought 2 at the time. That's coming at the end of the week. I don't know that I want to keep trying - I'm an idiot - I pre-ordered FtM last week.

Regarding the Mars Volta repress. My copy doesn't have the constant static on the lead-in on Side A. Hooray!!!

However, on side D the first track has a constant rotational "whooshing" sound throughout that song. Now what VMP? I'd rather have the static/surface noise than a rotational swoosh sound.

Edit: Sent customer service another message. I am 0 for 3 on Mars Volta. Told them I want to give up on the album and asked if they could send me a different record instead, Grizzly Bear.

Last edited:
This is actually insane. Fucking up is one thing and taking steps to rectify it are commendable. But completely fucking up the correction to the fuck up is....fucked up?
Have to hand it to their customer service team though. They provided me with a $43 membership credit so that I could grab the Grizzly Bear ROTM instead of another faulty Mars Volta pressing. Let's hope the Grizzly Bear sounds good now.

Have to hand it to their customer service team though. They provided me with a $43 membership credit so that I could grab the Grizzly Bear ROTM instead of another faulty Mars Volta pressing. Let's hope the Grizzly Bear sounds good now.
FYI my Grizzly Bear had some noise on either side B or C (can't remember now).

Hats off to CS though, seems like a completely tireless job of responding to the mountain of issues caused by not even playing through a few of the replacement copies.

Regarding the Mars Volta repress. My copy doesn't have the constant static on the lead-in on Side A. Hooray!!!

However, on side D the first track has a constant rotational "whooshing" sound throughout that song. Now what VMP? I'd rather have the static/surface noise than a rotational swoosh sound.

Edit: Sent customer service another message. I am 0 for 3 on Mars Volta. Told them I want to give up on the album and asked if they could send me a different record instead, Grizzly Bear.
Ha good luck. Both my original and the replacement GB were a mess. The 33rpm that I had was much better.

Last edited:

All your other Volta side C/D's are no good? That's the only disc of Wu Outkast PE or Volta that I actually got a clean one of.
Ha good luck. Both my original and the replacement were a mess. The 33rpm that I had was much better.
Has anyone even gotten a clean "repress" yet? My second is on the way but I have no doubt it'll be the same garbage.

All your other Volta side C/D's are no good? That's the only disc of Wu Outkast PE or Volta that I actually got a clean one of.

Has anyone even gotten a clean "repress" yet? My second is on the way but I have no doubt it'll be the same garbage.
I'm going to painstakingly listen to all six records to compile one Mars Volta that is slightly passable. Ha ha.

I think disc 1 of the repress is adequate. My other versions, disc 2 had baked in surface noise on one side, but I can't remember.

Back