Vinyl Me Please Essentials

On that note, what's the argument for that particular album from a VMP subscriber viewpoint? Like, readily available, most people seem pretty happy with their copy as it stands, it's a ten year old decently popular album that I wouldn't argue is really mainstream...why pay the VMP premium for it? Colorway/LE?
Who knows, but it would be in line with other mid to late 00 indie releases (Dirty Projectors, The National, Phoenix, The Strokes) none of those where hard to come by and none were aching for a reissue but they chose them anyhow. The only one of those I picked up was Phoenix and it was really well done, still there wasn’t a big enough gap in quality overall for me to justify picking up the VMP version of any of the titles I already already owned.

Last edited:
I'd be more for "Colour of Spring". Just a beautiful album...even though I already own it I'd be interested.
Yeah I’d be cool with that too. I own it as well but I’d be alright if VMP did that as essentials. I see Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden being more up the alley of Essentials but Color of Spring is a classic too.

It won’t be but “Men’s Needs Women’s Needs Whatever” by The Cribs would probably keep me on board for another 3 months if the Christmas classics on essentials is decent

Last edited:
Although sticking with the 2009 theme It’s Bitz would at least be essential unlike some of the others.

Back