Vinyl Me Please Essentials

2013 Electronic: Based on how loosely Storf interprets the term, I could see it as one of: (1) Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe; (2) Darkside - Psychic; or (3) Disclosure - Settle.

My guess is Disclosure.

So many incredible debut albums in 67

The Doors
Are You Experienced?
Velvet Underground & Nico
Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Big Brother & The Holding Company
The Grateful Dead
Vanilla Fudge
The Electric Prunes
Ten Years After
Canned Heat
Traffic/Mr. Fantasy
Moby Grape
David Bowie.....

So many incredible debut albums in 67

The Doors
Are You Experienced?
Velvet Underground & Nico
Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Big Brother & The Holding Company
The Grateful Dead
Vanilla Fudge
The Electric Prunes
Ten Years After
Canned Heat
Traffic/Mr. Fantasy
Moby Grape
David Bowie.....
I can't wait to read in the VMP Magazine how Bowie's Laughing Gnome and Mr. Gravedigger are proto-prog

I'm guessing Chvrches. It's the most VMP-esque of the 2013 choices. Electronic? At least slightly. The Grateful Dead could be the Classic rock one, to shoe in withthe Anthology, but I actually think it's Hendrix.

the current cheap in print AAA Are You Experienced pressed at QRP sounds awesome....but I would probably still buy a VMP version just for the packaging and hopeful psychedelic splatter/color variant.

I hope it's the Velvets or the Dead.

the current cheap in print AAA Are You Experienced pressed at QRP sounds awesome....but I would probably still buy a VMP version just for the packaging and hopeful psychedelic splatter/color variant.

Yeah, that probably rules it out. Could be Canned Heat? Aw, crap, it could be anything....

I'm guessing Chvrches. It's the most VMP-esque of the 2013 choices. Electronic? At least slightly. The Grateful Dead could be the Classic rock one, to shoe in withthe Anthology, but I actually think it's Hendrix.
If its that First Chvrches Album...I might have to re-up.

The Bones of What you Believe is a really great album.

Co-sign the Hendrix...which I might also need.

If they pick Velvet Underground & Nico so help me god...I'm going to be so disappointed....I may just swap/cancel.

Great album but they're going to have to do some magic shit to make me upgrade the copy that I have (that's easily available).

Hoping its not Hendrix. Those Family Edition pressings are stellar for the money but I would be tempted to upgrade to a nicer package, but I would prefer not to be tempted lol. Would love The Doors debut in 33RPM, don't think there are any easily available pressings for that one that aren't the $55 AP press.

If they pick Velvet Underground & Nico so help me god...I'm going to be so disappointed....I may just swap/cancel.

Great album but they're going to have to do some magic shit to make me upgrade the copy that I have (that's easily available).

Basically yellow vinyl, tip-on jacket, drink recipe, and art print is what you're gonna get. Not much they can really do about the lo-fi SQ through mastering on that album.

Hoping its not Hendrix. Those Family Edition pressings are stellar for the money but I would be tempted to upgrade to a nicer package, but I would prefer not to be tempted lol. Would love The Doors debut in 33RPM, don't think there are any easily available pressings for that one that aren't the $55 AP press.

There is the Rhino 33, which I believe sounds pretty good (nothing compared to the DCC or AP 45 versions though) but is digital (plangent I think). If they did the Doors again it would have to be digital anyway, since the tapes are not in good enough shape to do AAA anymore.

I’m happy with my copies of VU&N and Are You Experienced?

So I’m sort of hoping it’s one of those so I can save some money...

Same here, not looking for an upgrade on either. You could even do Electric Ladyland but there's not much upgrade to be had sound quality-wise. People on reddit are tossing in Pink Floyd as well which isn't exactly rare.

Same here, not looking for an upgrade on either. You could even do Electric Ladyland but there's not much upgrade to be had sound quality-wise. People on reddit are tossing in Pink Floyd as well which isn't exactly rare.
Classic rock is never gonna be too rare. Those were abundant in vinyls heyday and lots of reissue companies focus on these

chvrches or disclosure are probably the best bets for this one

UNLESS its avicii

im fine with any of them

I want the May Essentials to be Disclosure’s “Settle” because that album is cool, sexy and clubby! F For You is such a hypnotic, smooth, seductive song and Confess To Me is such a kinky, raunchy, dark, club banger type of song! Settle is such a sexy album! 😍

Back