Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I agree with this. Patti Smith, Television, and the Velvet Underground are not classic rock. Except Sweet Jane and Rock & Roll, those songs are classic rock. Same thing with Lou Reed, not classic rock, but Walk On The Wild Side is.

I would put them all under the broad umbrella of Classic Rock. Transformer is def a Classic rock album. It's basically Bowie and Ronson style 70s glam rock.

That said, I would be weary of the pick being Horses with the genre clue being Classic Rock, though definitely not ruling it out.

Got to say, I'm digging the Kid Cudi. Album has aged really well in my opinion. The pressing sounds great and is dynamic. The sleeve is heavy duty.

My discs are just about black except when held up to the light and then they are absolutely gorgeous.

VMP Essentials is on a winning streak, excited to see what they do with Kala next month.

So my copy looks very very dirty and possibly scratched but I hear no issues so what do I go since on the spots that have a word discoloration the I actually thought was no fill or a scratch had no effect

16162949623254923706333997206781.jpg

I just had a thought for the VMP Essentials pick for June, Bob Weir's Ace has never been reissued (at least since the late 80s) and would fit the clues. Furthermore, they have an existing partnership with the GD organization as a result of the Anthology. Would be a fantastic pick.
I feel like Jerry Garcia’s first one would probably be the pick if they’re going the Dead route but Ace is a really solid album and I feel like doesn’t get as much praise as it should.

I feel like Jerry Garcia’s first one would probably be the pick if they’re going the Dead route but Ace is a really solid album and I feel like doesn’t get as much praise as it should.

Likely because how Deadheads discount all the studio recordings and lionize live versions instead. Though that line in "Looks Like Rain" about two cats making love in the alley has never sounded romantic or good in any format

The only issue with that is the Garcia Family Provisions are completely separate from the larger Grateful Dead organization, so the Dead organization doesn't have the rights to license his solo albums the way they have the rights to Ace.

Likely because how Deadheads discount all the studio recordings and lionize live versions instead. Though that line in "Looks Like Rain" about two cats making love in the alley has never sounded romantic or good in any format
That line is about the sexual relations that Pigpen and Janis Joplin would engage in from time to time. I don't know if that makes it better or worse, but it's a fun fact.

3 days left

Only one we know

Hint person won't help

I kinda hate if this becomes the norm

It was way better when Storf was running the hints directly on twitter instead of having it relayed to whoever is running their SM now. We just get the hint post and no yes or no's to the guesses like before. I think we'll probably figure out a couple more after this week's hints but I feel like they won't give us enough to really guess all of them.

New hints dropped:

Are you ready for the big announcement this week?

Hint 3: E: 2007, 2013, 1967
Cl: Only one of them is credited to a band
HH: 2010, 2019, 2002
Co: The 1st is an artist we’ve done several exclusives with. The last two are an artist and his main influence.

#GuessMePlease

Back