Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Damn, that is throwing it back right there.

I think I started that whole Patti Smith rabbit hole because of that map. Took a life of its own after Easter was suggested instead of Horses by someone else and then that lead to the whole controversy that such a pick would cause because of that one song on it.... ah, the good old days!

how are they going to defend M.I.A disliking covid vaccines

also this for the 100th seems kinda weird

justice cross seems like a good choice but eh i mean daft punk wasn't really going to happen and i'll just have to buy porter robinson on my own later on

how are they going to defend M.I.A disliking covid vaccines

also this for the 100th seems kinda weird

justice cross seems like a good choice but eh i mean daft punk wasn't really going to happen and i'll just have to buy porter robinson on my own later on
I mean they defended The Strokes’ Room on Fire as “essential”.

From Storf's Twitter:

For the VMP subscribers lurking here, I havent seen anyone guess even 1 of the Classics albums, only 1 correct HH guess, and no one has gotten close on the second 2 Essentials.

Should be noted Im not confirming the final Country or the first Ess: Just that those have been guessed a lot, and yall are close on those

What a weird way of saying "y'all guessed right on Country and Essentials, but I'm not going to tell you which guesses are right".

He’s not going to explicitly say which are correct before announcement day. But saying they were “guessed a lot” would point to them being the front runner choices.

Basically we should waste our time and energy on the other tracks and months at this point.

He’s not going to explicitly say which are correct before announcement day. But saying they were “guessed a lot” would point to them being the front runner choices.

Basically we should waste our time and energy on the other tracks and months at this point.
But the last part about "y'all are close on those" is the weird part. Being right and being close are two different things, and I'm positive they've been guessed but he's being coy.

But the last part about "y'all are close on those" is the weird part. Being right and being close are two different things, and I'm positive they've been guessed but he's being coy.

You're absolutely correct about him being coy. It's MIA for April Essentials and Merle Haggard for June Country. He's not allowed to say we got it, but he's gonna nudge-nudge wink-wink it enough for people who are paying attention to know.

Time to focus on the other guesses although admittedly, the clues are extremely broad (particularly for May and June Essentials) to really narrow it down without needing another clue at this time.

My VMP shipment from this month FINALLY shipped. That was torture, I usually get my boxes pretty early in the month

I have the following on the way:

• Kid Cudi
• Donny Hathaway
• Johnny Cash
* Brijean
* Galt McDermot

It’s going to be a great Mail day

Mine are coming today too. I'm getting Kid Cudi, Johnny Cash, and Leon Ware. Also got the MoFi One Step of Blood on the Tracks arriving from Acoustic Sounds so this is a great mail day.
Then yesterday I got a shipping notice for the Galt MacDermot undexpectedly. Excited to see that one coming a month early!

Just a couple of guesses out of the blue: Electronic and debuts: Kraftwerk - s/t (rare and expensive today, although maybe more krautrock than electronic), The Knife - s/t (last repress 2013 and pretty hard to track down), Leftfield - Leftism (last repress 2017 as a 3lp set, preeeetty expensive). Classic rock could basically be anything but I'm thinking a long the lines of Shades of Deep Purple (has been repressed recently, but we're looking a pretty sure shot at a congenial color variant here)

Back