Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Fun fact: If Train, L.F.O., The New Radicals and Third Eye Blind were to play Drops Of Jupiter, Summer Girls, You Get What You Give and Semi-Charmed Life at EXACTLY the same time from all four corners of the globe, all life on Earth would instantly cease to exist, the Sun would implode and the universe would fold in on itself thus ending all life as we know it across this reality and likely several others.
dont insult the new radicals.. they were pretty decent

Has anyone receive their De Stijl yet? How does it sound? And the big money question.....has anyone compared it to the 2010 pressing yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
I got mine yesterday. I will give it a spin tomorrow. I don’t have the 2010 copy to compare it to though. @JonnyH might be able to do an A/B comparison.

Has anyone receive their De Stijl yet? How does it sound? And the big money question.....has anyone compared it to the 2010 pressing yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

Was there an Urban Outiftters exclusive of de stijl or just for the self titled?

Apparently the UO self titled does NOT use the same plates as were made for the Third Man Plant opening.

Oh hmm I’m not sure. I’m hoping someone can compare it to this version, which seems to be widely available:

I may grab it from amazon to compare myself and return it if it’s not better than the new press. Early word on reddit seems to be on the negative side.

Oh hmm I’m not sure. I’m hoping someone can compare it to this version, which seems to be widely available:

I may grab it from amazon to compare myself and return it if it’s not better than the new press. Early word on reddit seems to be on the negative side.

I have that one and the 2017 pressing from the opening of the third man plant.

I have that one and the 2017 pressing from the opening of the third man plant.
Well, well, well! Looks like you are the perfect person to enlighten us! First of all, did you order the VMP version? And secondly, how does the 2010 compare to the 2017, sound wise?

I assume the 2017 is warped since we are talking about third man here lol

I appear to no longer have that one! I may have PIFed it when I got the one from the plant. I haven't listened to the VMP one but it is NOT heavyweight vinyl and every other version of this album I've owned is. View attachment 56643
Yeah the weight or lack there of is surprising and lame. Keep us posted on your sound comparison. Can you tell I’m eager to find out?😜

Well, well, well! Looks like you are the perfect person to enlighten us! First of all, did you order the VMP version? And secondly, how does the 2010 compare to the 2017, sound wise?

I assume the 2017 is warped since we are talking about third man here lol

The 2017 ones from the plant opening are dead quiet and so flat that @Mather wouldn't even know he was looking at a record.

I wasn't planning to chase those as they were a premium, but a trusted WS head told me they sounded amazing. So I tracked them down and did an A-B, agreed at how stellar they sounded and apparently got rid of my 2010 de stijl press.

I have not and do not plan on ordering the recent one from TMR.

There's no numbered matrix info on the VMP release. The run out groove messages are SLIGHTLY different. The words "nun" and "stranger" change places but the rest of the sentences remain the same.

A-B of track 1: VMP comes in second.

Last edited:
I appear to no longer have that one! I may have PIFed it when I got the one from the plant. I haven't listened to the VMP one but it is NOT heavyweight vinyl and every other version of this album I've owned is. View attachment 56643
Yeah the weight or lack there of is surprising and lame. Keep us posted on your sound comparison. Can you tell I’m eager to find out?😜
Somewhat surprising they didn't go heavyweight, but in pressing thousands of copies of De Stijl for VMP *and* the De Stijl XX Vault Package, they probably had to make a tough decison or two.

I have had 150G presses from Third Man Pressing that sound pretty good though. I'll give it a spin tonight, too, and report back.

Back