Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Oasis could only dream of writing 1 song half as good as Who Let The Dogs Out.

You might be interested in this:
it's actually pretty interesting (i think)

You might be interested in this:
it's actually pretty interesting (i think)

Love me some 99% Invisible, don't know how i missed this one! Thanks!

I have found that if I have trouble getting into an album, learning more about its background helps. I ran across this article this morning, and I thought i would share it with you folks.

I have found that if I have trouble getting into an album, learning more about its background helps. I ran across this article this morning, and I thought i would share it with you folks.

Thanks, I love reading about how albums or even songs came together (no pun intended)

I was really tempted to jump back in with this offer, mainly due to Spiritualized and Buena Vista Social Club. Then I listened to the Spiritualized on CD for the first time in many years, and damn, that record hasn't aged well IMO. I loved it so much when it came out and they were great live back then, but now it just doesn't click with me at all. And recalling all the hassle I had last year with missing shipments and overselling I just made the adult choice of holding back on this one. It just isn't worth it for purely nostalgic purposes (even though it looks stunning). And Buena Vista...I'm pretty confident that will get a regular reissue down the line.

glad i'm not alone with my feelings toward the spiritualized album. but i'm excited to give it a try on (hopefully) good sounding vinyl.

Well, fuck that then. Honestly, if I could have signed up and got Jorge, The Stooges and Spiritualized I’d have been more than happy to. I’d have even accepted Buena Vista.
Is Jorge not in stock? You should be able to do "join with this record" for Jorge Ben and then swap anything out past this month as usual. That's what happened last time with the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

I'd have to disagree with spiritualised not ageing well. I got into it literally just a couple of months ago and heard the first song years ago and I love it completely
Glad you like it! As I said, I litterally breathed this album when it came out. And I frequently listen to shoegaze/psychadelic noise from that era, but this album just left me cold now. Don't really know why actually. I actually think Let it come down is a better album now. And the first two still hold up. Maybe I'm just a bad mood....

Well, fuck that then. Honestly, if I could have signed up and got Jorge, The Stooges and Spiritualized I’d have been more than happy to. I’d have even accepted Buena Vista.

You can get any of those titles. Click the 3 for 2 deal link. Go to their website. It'll pop up as John Mayer, scroll to the other ROTM that you want that is in stock. Select the "Join with this album" and then you'll get the discount at check-out. I did the 3 for 2 deal. Started with The Roots instead of Mayer.

You can get any of those titles. Click the 3 for 2 deal link. Go to their website. It'll pop up as John Mayer, scroll to the other ROTM that you want that is in stock. Select the "Join with this album" and then you'll get the discount at check-out. I did the 3 for 2 deal. Started with The Roots instead of Mayer.
Yeah, just got an email back on that. Will try it later tonight. Cheers!

I think you can . Just go into the store 1st and select Jorge, click on the record , don’t add it to cart, then it will give you the option to sign up for the promo with Jorge as your 1st record

Yeah, that was my worry. Had no response to my email yet, but I’ll give them a couple of days.
Yeah just don’t wanna join then get a “swaps closed“ as soon as I try ?

That’s what is happening to me. I emailed @info and said that if I cannot have the Stooges instead of John Mayer, then I would like to cancel the transaction and get a refund. Probably won’t have an answer before next week... I’m stressed. Talk about insta-regrets. I hate this company so much and yet I was tempted by a $20 Buena Vista album that I once nearly paid twice as much for.

Last edited:
From what I understand (and when I subbed back in) is along what others have said: when swaps are closed, you can't sign up for a track and then swap the selection. But you can sign up for different records. I signed up with El-P, and since El-P was in the RHH track, that became my primary track. If you want essentials, sign up for something in the essentials. I do not know, though, if that applies to this 3 for 2 deal because VMP might be using the sale to pump up the Mayer numbers.

From what I understand (and when I subbed back in) is along what others have said: when swaps are closed, you can't sign up for a track and then swap the selection. But you can sign up for different records. I signed up with El-P, and since El-P was in the RHH track, that became my primary track. If you want essentials, sign up for something in the essentials. I do not know, though, if that applies to this 3 for 2 deal because VMP might be using the sale to pump up the Mayer numbers.

I fear that’s what they’re doing. Hopefully I can get a refund because that Mayer album belongs in the trash.

I emailed on 6/23 to see if they had any promotions or discounts for former members looking to rejoin and was told no, so I joined back up on 6/25 only to hear about this 'new' deal less than a week later. Shot them an email to see if I can get a credit or something, usually they are pretty good about these things but we shall see.

I sent VMP a message late last night to cancel my 3-month membership (which just renewed this week). Pauly e-mailed me back today and was able to cancel and I even already received the paypal refund for the $85. I think it's not too late if you want to just get your money back, since the records haven't shipped yet (and probably won't be processed for shipping for a few more days).

Doesn't seem like there's anything really stopping me from signing back up later this month with the 3 for 2 deal if I decide I want to.

Back